• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
You missed the news about the leads leaving the company? And they are looking for a Art, Creative and Game director.

I wouldn't expect something from them anytime soon.
I did miss it. Ok then that's a unrealistic expectations. Thanks for letting me know. Since you seem to be more up to date with PS Studios, what do you think is realistic?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Can folks stop asking about God of War Ragnarok. You cannot get a video game of this scope when it only got a teaser trailer last year with no gameplay. A videogame like Elden Ring or God of War needs a teaser, then gameplay the following years, then release date the year after it is showcased to folks.

Something with no showing cannot just jump in and get a trailer soon with a release for this fall. Not even GT7 is able to come out this year. If you barely saw a game last year, chances are it is not coming this year.

I mean like God of War 2018 was first announced with gameplay at E3 2016. So it's not really unreasonable to wonder if we'll see something this year.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I played Death Stranding on my PS5 for about 25 hours and completed Chapter 4. I was loving the game and then read about some rumors of a PS5 version. I haven't played it since. So if they announced that I'd be hyped for sure, definitely want to get back to it and if there's a 60fps update it'll be worth it to keep holding off.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Maybe because english isn't my main language but don't they say it's gonna be " third-party and indie titles you last saw in June's PS5 showcase "?
Why is everyone talking about Ratchet and stuff?
I think you are right, but english isn't my main language either. So we are expecting new game announcements from PS Studios, third party updates and indie updates?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
If I get Ratchet and Kena the show would be a complete success.

Anything Final Fantasy related would be icing.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
hkgraphtest123.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe because english isn't my main language but don't they say it's gonna be " third-party and indie titles you last saw in June's PS5 showcase "?
Why is everyone talking about Ratchet and stuff?
says including, not limited to
10 games coming to PS4 and PS5, including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June's PS5 showcase.
10 games
some of them are new announcements
some of them are third party/indie games from the june showcase
there can be other types of games as well (including already announced first party games)

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I did miss it. Ok then that's a unrealistic expectations. Thanks for letting me know. Since you seem to be more up to date with PS Studios, what do you think is realistic?

www.resetera.com

John Garvin and Jeff Ross, longtime creative and game directors at Sony Bend Studio, have both departed the company

John Garvin and Jeff Ross, the directors at Bend Studio, have announced their departures. Garvin has apparently been out for over a year, while it seems Ross's departure is at the end of the week. Seems odd considering both were at the studio for many years and it is likely that Bend is in early...

Would love to see more from Rift Apart and some indies like Kena and Solar Ash.

Maybe a TLOU2/Factions update? There are also rumors about new content for Death Stranding and FFVII Remake.

I think GOW and Horizon are unlikely but who knows, hopefully I'm wrong.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I mean like God of War 2018 was first announced with gameplay at E3 2016. So it's not really unreasonable to wonder if we'll see something this year.
yeah they can show it this year, but some folks are asking for the release date, or for a fall release. I think it is simply too early, is my point.

They gotta show the big gameplay at E3, and then perhaps next year it can launch. I just dont see it this year releasing.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
i expect:

- new ratchet gameplay and trailer
- finally some pure gameplay of returnal
- gameplay trailer of horizon 2
- 2 or 3 ps5 upgrades for sony first party games
Pretty good and reasonable list.

In addition i hope we see an update for Kena and see more gameplay. Its most likely they will end the stream with Horizon, since Ragnarok moved to 2022. Im hoping for Factions, but it seems still far away.

Aug 14, 2020
I think you are right, but english isn't my main language either. So we are expecting new game announcements from PS Studios, third party updates and indie updates?

yeah the way they worded it isn't very clear. It says they'll be announcing new games (doesn't specify first or third party) and then updates on third party games shown in June.

I think we're just getting third party stuff.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
"And a quick note: there won't be PlayStation hardware or business-focused updates in this show."

A lot of people missing that quote before they post. It's gonna be games only. Temper those expectations. 😊

Can't wait to watch. I want that Returnal deep dive.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Hoping for a new Resident Evil Village trailer, and perhaps a mention of the rumored RE7 next gen patch

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I got 0 expectations since I'm not expecting anything big from Sony until the summer. That being said, Kena getting s release date would be nice or some Returnal gameplay

Oct 30, 2017
Please give me updates on:

- Returnal
- Deathloop
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Horizon II: Forbidden West
- Ghostwire Tokyo
- God of War: Ragnarok
- Stray
- Project Athia

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully there's a decent announcement! 30 minutes sounds like it's pretty tightly constructed with no fluff

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Next gen streets are (understandably) dry right now and that won't change for a year, but i'll take the usual year 1 ports

Give me FF7R pls

Oct 31, 2017
I expect nothing but I'm hoping for the best. It would be nice to get some Horizon Forbidden West update but if we don't get one I'm okay for now.