• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
If it's really based on how much you buy, then I imagine I'm out lol. Well, I mean, I play a lot of games, but I'm not like a megapurchaser or anything, especially since I both my Xbox One X earlier in the year and have been using Game Pass. Been in the ecosystem for a long time, though. Kind of bullshit, honestly.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is a bad sign, betting covid has fucked their ability to manufacture enough.

Registered, hopefully Ive "played enough" or whatever metric they use.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I got the email but when I enter my PSN ID it says "The values you entered for PlayStation Online ID do not match"

...great....

Edit: Okay now it worked....HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!

Last edited:

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play every day and have poured my hopes and dreams into diamond dynasty packs for the last 5 years, hahaha

Deleted member 6511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would make sense (business wise) to give the pre-order to people who are active in other platforms. They are not a certain buy. Best to sell for them first since others (like me) will eventually buy a PS5 anyways.
There are a few sources they could match that info (partially at least).

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Like others are saying, I recommend logging into your account and confirming your email. That almost immediately resulted in me receiving the pre-order email.

I didn't change my email, to be clear. Just clicked the button to edit it, but then kept the original and confirmed.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If it's really based on how much you buy, then I imagine I'm out lol. Well, I mean, I play a lot of games, but I'm not like a megapurchaser or anything, especially since I both my Xbox One X earlier in the year and have been using Game Pass. Been in the ecosystem for a long time, though. Kind of bullshit, honestly.
I doubt it goes by money spent. I think it's going by tenure of your PSN account and playtime or some combination or algorithm of that.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Will preorder here if I get the chance and try best buy. If I'm able to secure one from best buy I'll cancel this one. I rather wake up early and pick it up from a retailer than wait for it to come in the mail.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I sold my PS4 and have a new ID. I would have probably charted at least, but no activity on this PSN ID. So will have to wait to preorder through other means.

Ac_Jaeger

Oct 25, 2017
Piscataway, NJ
I think people are confusing the email notifying them to sign up vs the email they will get if selected after registering. They wouldn't allow everyone to register if it was just based on who got the initial email.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Good to see they're giving good fans a chance to get in a pre-order that's instead of having to hit what might be a 15 second refresh window spamming amazon.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Registered via the link. I planned on pre-ordering through Amazon, but if this is an easier way to guarantee a preorder, why the hell not?

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
I got the email and did it, and it brought me to a screen that says return to PlayStation with no other confirmation. Is that what is supposed to happen?

Oct 24, 2019
It would make sense (business wise) to give the pre-order to people who are active in other platforms. They are not a certain buy. Best to sell for them first since others (like me) will eventually buy a PS5 anyways.
There are a few sources they could match that info (partially at least).
You're suggesting they should piss off their core fan base in order to curry favor with people who may barely buy any software for the system or who may never buy another Sony system.

Doesn't make any sense to me lol

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The link is available to every single person. It's a lottery.
Ya did feel weird. Checking with my plan group which is like 600+ and every single person who has responded to me asking has got one. Probably about 150 are online and more than 100 have stated they got it and 2 don't even own playstations anymore. So seems like this one is generic and then it picks from tha

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's by how much you spend, I don't buy that much at all and got the email.