• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just realized Sony Direct doesn't do PayPal/PayPal Credit checkout. May stick to Best Buy if that's the case.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
VapidDamagedAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Going to try my luck with Best Buy because knowing Sony I won't ever recieve any e-mail from them.

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
Registered, but i scoff at these photos showing the system standing up, who the hell has space for that.
Starting a movement now #neververtical

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
If you're one of those people who, like me, never got PlayStation promotional emails, try this.

1. Make sure under your Account Settings/Notification Settings, you have "new products, special offers and other promotions" notifications enabled
2. If that's enabled and you still don't get anything, change the email account associated with your PlayStation account
3. Don't ever flag a PlayStation email as spam

It is widely believed that if you flag an email as spam, Sony will stop sending them - even if under your account settings you have them enabled.

I don't know for 100% if that's true, but I can say that I changed my email address and I immediately started getting them again. Even one for a platinum trophy I'd gotten a year or more earlier.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Kind of crazy that they are "selecting" who can pre-order based on "activity" in their ecosystem. Gross to be honest.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Can't wait to check my credit card statement after shipping to find out what the PS5's price was

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Woops, I accidentally added an extra letter when i registered. Just did it again, hopefully that doesn't screw anything up.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll just take my chances with a local retailer. I'd rather just go pick one up on release day.

I may end up regretting this though.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm can't take advantage of Paypal's no interest for 6 months since they only take credit card.