• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect timing for my first escape in hades. I screamed when I beat the last boss because it was really really close.

BobSaac2

Jan 6, 2021
If there is no Bloodborne news tomorrow, i ll just go on my routine of listening to Gehrman OST on loop and go to sleep wondering if the next event we are going to get some news.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
This is their big showcase, so I assume heavy hitters and surprises to be there. After this there probably won't be much of a big show for them until next year. There will be future State of Play episodes along the way to push titles meanwhile.

My Predictions
  • GTAV E&E Story / Gameplay Trailer
  • GOW short Gameplay or Story Trailer
  • Stray Gameplay / Story Trailer
  • The Last of Us Part 2 PS5 Update
    • They mentioned that the PS5 patch released back in June would be the first step to working on the PS5. I'm predicting a new-gen update to be announced
  • An "Abandoned" update of some kind
  • Little Devil Inside Release Date Trailer
  • Forspoken Story / Gameplay Trailer
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits Final Trailer
  • Deathloop Final Trailer (1 minute in length)
  • Bloodborne Remaster that includes 60fps and/or a possible "Director's Cut" announcement with newly added content
  • Naughty Dog (predicting at least one to happen)
    • New IP Announcement
    • Factions Multiplayer Announcement
    • New Uncharted Game Teaser
    • The Last of Us Remake Teaser
  • Various unannounced indie titles
  • Returnal DLC or newly added content to the base game
  • GT7 Gameplay / Release Date Trailer
  • PS+ and PS Now fusion (the answer to Gamepass)
  • Quick info/details on Discord acquisition

Wildcard Announcements
  • Remake of a popular JRPG Franchise
    • Legend of Dragoon
    • Xenogears
    • Parasite Eve 1
  • Bluepoint acquisition and then showing off a MGS Remake Teaser

What I think won't appear
  • Final Fantasy XVI - Developers mentioned that they are not sure if they would have something to show by TGS. Hence I believe it's being held off
  • I don't think Sony will waste time on games already announced with release dates. If anything, more deep dives of such titles via State of Play in the coming months, leading up to their respective release windows.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
    • They mentioned that the PS5 patch released back in June would be the first step of working on the PS5. I'm predicting a new-gen update to be announced

I still think people are taking that comment out of context. Some think that getting PS4 games to run at 60fps on the PS5 is just a matter of capping the framerate at 60fps and you're done, but there's more to it than that. So they're just saying that getting the game running on the PS5 was their first steps on the platform rather than the first steps for what they'll do with Part II on it.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
If Spider-Man 2 is planned for 2023, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends the show. I think most of the show will be stuff planned for next year but they'll still want to drop a big title for extra hype and Spider-Man is a system seller

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
This is their big showcase, so I assume heavy hitters and surprises to be there. After this there probably won't be much of a big show for them until next year. There will be future State of Play episodes along the way to push titles meanwhile.

My Predictions
  • GTAV E&E Story / Gameplay Trailer
  • GOW short Gameplay or Story Trailer
  • Bluepoint acquisition and then showing off a MGS Remake Teaser
  • Stray Gameplay / Story Trailer
    • They mentioned that the PS5 patch released back in June would be the first step of working on the PS5. I'm predicting a new-gen update to be announced
  • An "Abandoned" update of some kind
  • Little Devil Inside Release Date Trailer
  • Forspoken Story / Gameplay Trailer
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits Final Trailer
  • Deathloop Final Trailer (1 minute in length)
  • Bloodborne Remaster that includes 60fps and/or a possible "Director's Cut" announcement with newly added content
  • Naughty Dog
    • New IP Announcement
    • Factions Multiplayer Announcement
    • New Uncharted Game Teaser
  • Various unannounced indie titles
  • Returnal DLC or newly added content to the base game
  • The Last of Us Remake Teaser
  • GT7 Gameplay / Release Date Trailer
  • PS+ and PS Now fusion (the answer to Gamepass)
  • Quick info/details on Discord acquisition

Wildcard Announcements
  • Remake of a popular JRPG Franchise
    • Legend of Dragoon
    • Xenogears
    • Parasite Eve 1

What I think won't appear
  • Final Fantasy XVI - Developers mentioned that they are not sure if they would have something to show by TGS. Hence I believe it's being held off
  • I don't think Sony will waste time on games already announced with release dates. If anything, more deep dives of such titles via State of Play in the coming months, leading up to their respective release windows.
If Abandoned is at the showcase then I'm going to be team Kojima on that. With that being said it's not going to show up.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
If Spider-Man 2 is planned for 2023, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends the show. I think most of the show will be stuff planned for next year but they'll still want to drop a big title for extra hype and Spider-Man is a system seller
Same. Something big is finna end the show. Why not have it be one of the biggest game franchises they got?

Also something of note: the Creative Director for Spider-Man PS4, Bryan Intihar, did not work on Miles Morales or Ratchet and Clank, so he's been up to something for the past 3 years…. I wouldn't be surprised if they're shooting for even a Fall 2022 release.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Ed Boon is not going to publicly leak a huge announcement days ahead of Sony's showcase. No chance. He's just goofing.

Chun

Jan 9, 2018

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Same. Something big is finna end the show. Why not have it be one of the biggest game franchises they got?

Also something of note: the Creative Director for Spider-Man PS4, Bryan Intihar, did not work on Miles Morales or Ratchet and Clank, so he's been up to something for the past 3 years…. I wouldn't be surprised if they're shooting for even a Fall 2022 release.
It honestly won't surprise me if SM2 makes 2022. IG is pretty much a one-game-a-year studio at this point.

Kinda hard to say they won't release anything in 2022. Then again, they most likely are working on a Ratchet DLC of some sort.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
So now comes the inevitable, eventual, predictable question: do you think Sony will show a game from Firesprite tomorrow?

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
So now comes the inevitable, eventual, predictable question: do you think Sony will show a game from Firesprite tomorrow?
No. If they where then I think Sony would have announced the acquisition tomorrow to combine it with game announcement.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly why my gut feeling is they end on TLOU Remake, will be a huge seller and I'm a believer of the speculation that it drops around the premiere of the show next year
I would like that too. I wonder how extensive this remake is.
It honestly won't surprise me if SM2 makes 2022. IG is pretty much a one-game-a-year studio at this point.

Kinda hard to say they won't release anything in 2022. Then again, they most likely are working on a Ratchet DLC of some sort.
Also because they're building on some pretty solid foundations rather than creating something completely new.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Netherrealms making PS Allstars 2 would certainly align with David Jaffe's post lol. It'd be insane.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
PS All-Stars would certainly blow my mind. But would Boone really just… tweet it out less than 2 days before the show? I'd be more willing to buy it if he was acting more cryptic

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

With Horizon, God of War and GT7 planned for 2022, I don't think Sony would release another banger in 2022

Even if Bryan Intihar's team was in pre-prod since Spider-Man release, I think most of their teams were working on Miles + Ratchet, and then most of workforce shifted to Spider-Man 2 after Ratchet release

Spider-Man 2 in 2023 seems most likely imo

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
With Horizon, God of War and GT7 planned for 2022, I don't think Sony would release another banger in 2022

Even if Bryan Intihar's team was in pre-prod since Spider-Man release, I think most of their teams were working on Miles + Ratchet, and then most of workforce shifted to Spider-Man 2 after Ratchet release

Spider-Man 2 in 2023 seems most likely imo
Horizon in February, God of War in April/May, Spider-Man in September.

Believe.

Oct 25, 2017
Does Insomniac have another game in development besides Spider-Man? I could have sworn there were job listings asking for people with multiplayer experience for a project that sounds like is a new IP.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Does Insomniac have another game in development besides Spider-Man? I could have sworn there were job listings asking for people with multiplayer experience for a project that sounds like is a new IP.
I feel like that is for later since they just began hiring for it and Spider-Man 2 will have been worked on to a solid degree since the release of the first game. In general, Insomniac is constantly working on and releasing a ton of stuff

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Can someone confirm whether or not that leak is fake so i know whether or not to plug out my internet router until tomorrow?

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
I still think people are taking that comment out of context. Some think that getting PS4 games to run at 60fps on the PS5 is just a matter of capping the framerate at 60fps and you're done, but there's more to it than that. So they're just saying that getting the game running on the PS5 was their first steps on the platform rather than the first steps for what they'll do with Part II on it.

That's a good point and could be taken out of context indeed. A next-gen enhancement, while it looks great already could be something of possibility imo. And if there is any weight to a remake of the original TLOU, then maybe there could be a special edition packaging that could be coupled together. It's a thought.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The game still runs in 1800P. This game should get a proper resolution boost among other improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.