• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I still cannot believe that Twisted Metal hasn't been remade. You could simply churn out some of the best maps from Twisted Metal 1, 2 & Black (and maybe some from the PSP Version since it was pretty tight), plus some new larger maps. Then, you have online multiplayer, you could easily do a 25 Vehicle Battle Royal on some of the bigger maps, Team Deatchmatches, etcl.

But I still want Warhawk even more, lol.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I'd prefer a new IP but I won't say no to a quality Marvel (or any other franchise) game that is on the same level as Insomniac's Spider-Man. Especially since the only superheroes that have great story games are Batman and Spider-Man (maybe we'll add the Guardians to this list later idk). Lots of room for more Marvel or DC stories. Like I said, I'd prefer a new IP but if Cory and Santa Monica wanted to make a Superman game, I'd be hyped

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the big game announcement ends up being idk if it can live up to the hype lol
I'd prefer a new IP but I won't say no to a quality Marvel (or any other franchise) game that is on the same level as Insomniac's Spider-Man. Especially since the only superheroes that have great story games are Batman and Spider-Man (maybe we'll add the Guardians to this list later idk). Lots of room for more Marvel or DC stories. Like I said, I'd prefer a new IP but if Cory and Santa Monica wanted to make a Superman game, I'd be hyped
*sigh* one day…

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Sony needs to show the world what a true Marvel team game is like.

Sony Santa Monica presents....Alpha Flight

330f216b7903ea9789d7e69986e8d975.jpg

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So many guesses and I have yet to see the one that would make me pee my pants. Sony, give us a game based on the 80's cartoon of The Real Ghostbusters!!!

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. We need more solo superhero games. Everything minus what you mentioned it some sort of team up, Avengers, Suicide Squad, Gotham Knights, etc...

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Venom is almost certainly showing up in Insomniac's Spidey games sooner or later, they've not really been subtle with it, so I really doubt Sony will do a separate Venom game before that.

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still waiting for a sci-fi or fantasy based game from ND, i would also be satisfied with any FF news.

and i was thinking recently that kojima had the first trailer for DS ready in less than a year of opening his studio so shouldn't he have something about his next project?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018
A marvel game is boring because it would have to operate within marvel/disney sanctioned parameters.

Hmm how to put this, if they announced a captain america game, I almost know how it would pan out, no real surprises, no stakes, just superhero stuff.

Well I guess the surprises would be more marvel characters showing up, yay.

Oct 25, 2017
A marvel game is boring because it would have to operate within marvel/disney sanctioned parameters.

Hmm how to put this, if they announced a captain america game, I almost know how it would pan out, no real surprises, no stakes, just superhero stuff.

This is 99% of videogame stories already.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
praying its not a marvel game. I love marvel movies/comics but I want my video games to be devoid of the saturation. we already have spider-man

that goes for star wars also

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men.

Create your own mutant

Explore a big ass world

Either Join Xavier or Magneto

100 millon copies sold

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Sounds like Spider-Man, which ended up being my favorite iteration of Peter Parker and his world outside the comics.

And a modern Cap game could be like a superhero spin on MGS! And of course characters like The Falcon, The Winter Soldier and Black Widow would be in it too.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
praying its not a marvel game. I love marvel movies/comics but I want my video games to be devoid of the saturation. we already have spider-man

that goes for star wars also
I see this point but at the same time, what a studio like Sucker Punch could do with something like a Daredevil is too appealing.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
They already tried this with X-Men Legacy and everyone hated it. Creating your own mutant is the wrong way to make an X-Men game.

A new X-Men game should be a team-based RPG with a Persona-esque relationship system. Pick Logan or Scott as your team lead, and through missions & activities at the X-Mansion build a bond with the mutants who will stay on your side of an increasingly fractured X-Men.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to Suicide Squad. It's more disheartening that they only got two studios making DC games at all lol
I am not looking forward to that shit at all. I wish they would have taken that Batman energy and applied it to a DC hero we haven't really seen in open world game for better yet made a Batman Beyond game in the Arkham universe just in the future.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Man I bought the resistance trilogy years and years ago and it's still got the shrinkwrap...

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020

Spider-Man PS4 proves this to be false

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit waste of time is overboard. I just expect more from PS Studios.

Like, when I think of Sony first-party narrative games, I think of original, unforgettable experiences that have the possibility of sticking with me forever. When I think of Marvel, I think B+, at best, zero-risk stories. Sure, everyone enjoyed Spider-Man a whole lot, and of course it sold more copies, but, God of War completely destroyed it during award season, that year. Kratos and Atreyu's journey stuck with people a whole lot more than Spider-Man fighting the same villians he's fought for 50 years.

Struggling to think of any Sony first party game that fits that criteria outside of Bloodborne tbh

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
if there are to be any remasters, i will only accept Uncharted Golden Abyss or Killzone Mercenary. maybe Resistance Burning Skies.

Oct 25, 2017
No more licensed games please.

Spidey is enough.

I want playstation studios to create new ips from the ground up.

Also, working on the PS3 collection would be nice.

1. Resistance remasters.
2. Killzone remasters
3. Ratchet and clank collection

Nov 21, 2017
I know many people on ERA hate licensed games, but a AAA X-Men game, with a first party polish, would be one of my dream games.

AAA X-Men Game with the first party polish and love from a team the caliber of Insomniac is a literal dream game for me too. 1st party AAA Spider-Man game was also a dream game for me and Insomniac knock it out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.