• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
40 minutes with a quick transition scene between each title is more than enough time for at least 5 minutes per game, giving 8 in total. I reckon some trailers will be shorter than that though.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Have none of you learnt from Nintendo?

Just because they have left it a long time does not guarantee a blockbuster show.

I'm sure it'll be good and looking forward to seeing it but slow your expectations, amigos 😀

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Glad there is no VR, no interest but also glad its only 40 mins. I think these things get very boring when they approach the hour or more mark

I think high expectations for this show

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
If there's GTA, Deathloop and Death Stranding then i've already lost interest in 10mins of the show

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I'd love FFXVI to be there as much as everyone else. But with Yoshi saying that the game wouldn't make TGS, I don't see how it's going to make a PlayStation event that comes 6 days later. Delighted to be proved wrong though, but as it stands I'm not expecting it to be there.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
giphy.gif

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Has Sony settled on naming for these things yet? Like has a Showcase been done before, have they abandoned State of Play, etc

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
9/9

Nein/Nein

German

German Studio

Guerilla Games

KILLZONE MOTHERFUCKERS!!11!!!!!

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
It would be cool to see Returnal get a sizable update. Games like The Binding of Isaac have spoiled me and I get that expectations for anything similar for Returnal is nuts but I'd love to see it get a series of updates that really expand the size and scope of the game. Maybe even something like a co-op mode down the road.

Don't care for co-op in this type of game but I think the game is well built for layering more content ok top.

Isaac went a bit too far I think. If they'd edited it down a bit I think it would have made a better impact.

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
40 mins .... Is that not kinda short ??

It's only 40 minutes? Ehhhh, I would not be surprised if this turns out to be a mite underwhelming. I'd have thought after going so long without a full-fledged event that this thing would've been an hour at least.
The September event last year was also just over 40 mins and they showed enough. If i remember correctly 12 games and mostly big games.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
F.I.S.T. is out on the 16th, so there's probably gonna be a new trailer for that.

Maybe a release date/window for Lost Soul Aside, finally?

Release date/window for Little Devil Inside? That one is still MIA

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Horizon
God of War
Gran Turismo 7
Deathloop (it's releasing the week after. of course it's there)
Hogwarts
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
COD
GTAV PS5 update

Tease for a new game right at the end.

Seems doable tbh.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Everyone, 40 minutes is a ton of time if they do it right, just look at E3 2016, they showed tons of games in that timeframe due to how well paced it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.