• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So this confirms early Amazon preorders are going through on day 1!!!

YES, thanks Sony, Guaranteed having it on the 19th.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017

If More preorders are coming in the next few days and Amazon opens up for more preorders, that means that they have fill all of the previous preorders request. So those (like me) who got that "letter" from Amazon about not possibly fulfilling the PS5 preorder request the last few days ago, will most likely be honored on release day.

Unless this is a Shipping issue and not a supply issue, that's a whole different topic altogether.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
This is phrased quite strangely, so I'm not sure I follow 100%. But yes, people are coming together and helping each other as they should. I was going to give my preorder away though until I was able to get more. Not everyone is all about themselves you know.

YQpVo3t.png

He's in town for the week (lives in a different state) for some added clarity.

It's as I said in my first post ITT. I genuinely believe shadow dropping was way better for actual consumers given the bot situation we've also been witnessing. You can disagree, that's cool, but calling into question my character because I disagree is really odd.
I was agreeing with you.

Hope you can see this post, lol.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

have they not been speaking to retailers? this seems messy that Best Buy is acting like they're not in on this plan yet lol

Oct 27, 2017

have they not been speaking to retailers? this seems messy that Best Buy is acting like they're not in on this plan yet lol

I doubt this Twitter conversation is in any way a reflection of the discussions they're having behind the scenes. This seems more like Best Buy reaffirming that they will also be ready whenever Sony says something. There is no way Sony is just speaking to retailers.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
I doubt this Twitter conversation is in any way a reflection of the discussions they're having behind the scenes. This seems more like Best Buy reaffirming that they will also be ready whenever Sony says something. There is no way Sony is just speaking to retailers.
Best Buy definitely won't be ready lol. They couldn't handle the traffic at all.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
I'd bet they have a second batch ready to release on Tuesday when Xbox pre-orders go live

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Their direct preorders actually went very well for me, despite the stressful 2 days of missing out leading up to it. I know it wasn't perfect for everyone but hopefully they can continue to do direct as they seem to work out well given how they are able to limit supply and lock out bots

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
why the hell did they do it like they did in the first place? this was such an easily avoidable mess
I don't blame Sony as much as I do the retailers. Walmart started it by purposely opening prayers early. They cause the stampede which led to a domino effect throughout the other retailers. Amazon was caught flat-footed because they weren't anticipating going live until the next day either. I guess Sony's biggest mistake was relying on their retail partners to follow what Sony had laid out.

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
On a positive note, I guess this means that everybody who had ordered from Amazon will likely get their PS5s!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Their direct preorders actually went very well for me, despite the stressful 2 days of missing out leading up to it. I know it wasn't perfect for everyone but hopefully they can continue to do direct as they seem to work out well given how they are able to limit supply and lock out bots
I wish they did this for the remainder of the year. I rather get it guaranteed than maybe get it launch day.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
If Best Buy gets more I'll feel better about my DE pre-order that finally went through at like 2:30AM before they were gone for good.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I just assumed if this thing was announced at <$600 I will no way in hell secure a pre order shortly after

If that's the case by late October or thereabouts then I won't be so ambivalent

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean the pre orders aren't going to suddenly be available, those already in the queue for the next batches will just get the new allocation. Take for example EB Games here in Australia, they stopped taking orders with I think three batches so far. The third batch is in 2021, anymore stock is going to those batches.

Godsfather

Jul 14, 2019
Just like with Microsoft's rumored statement about punishing retailers who break preorder dates, I don't buy it at all. As long as these things sell which they will why would they, this is just for good PR to save face after this disastrous launch

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Yep. Totally agree. I did manage to nab a DualSebse yesterday when they were briefly in stock for the RRP. Otherwise the entire thing here is awful.

I've got something like 7 or 8 lottery chances but don't like my chances (haha).

Didn't manage to get one on Amazon and I've been on the Yodobashi site for two days (probably clicked the confirm button like 5000+ times) and I don't even know if I can register for a chance there because I just signed up as a member yesterday.

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh should have pre-ordered when I had the chance, even had one in cart on bestbuy.com. Now I'm feeling regret and fomo. Reading too much era made me overly negative but in reality I realized I'm still super excited for it. Going to jump on one next chance I get.

moving

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo
I've got something like 7 or 8 lottery chances but don't like my chances (haha).

Didn't manage to get one on Amazon and I've been on the Yodobashi site for two days (probably clicked the confirm button like 5000+ times) and I don't even know if I can register for a chance there because I just signed up as a member yesterday.

Yeah I've got a few myself and asked my coworker to do some for me. I was entering to win switch for her the last few months and neither of us won anything, so don't like my chances either...

I signed up for Yodobashi on Thursday. Annoyingly I have bought from them before but didn't haven't an account, which I believe it does say is required.

What other sites have you entered on? Want to check I've got all the ones I'm eligible for šŸ˜­

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Will bestbuy website actually work if they get more stock, trying to pre order from them was the absolute worst experience I had on the 16th.