• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just want to know when they say more preorders will be available soon do they mean preorders that will be available on release day?
I would assume. I was at gamestop yesterday and their allotment thus far is less than half of what it was for PS4. Seeing as how they're claiming this will be a much bigger release, there's going to be more. Even PS4 had more preorder allocations as time went on.

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a knock on them, but they LOVED the frenzy! How could you not? Seeing people scramble to secure orders is like those videos of Black Friday shoppers rushing through the doors and tripping over each other.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With the lack luster launch I'm gonna hold out for a digital maybe next year some time. If I was interested in demon souls I would have kept my preorder but played the hell out of it in the ps3 days and since then don't much care for that type of game any more.

Hope they do a limited edition for god or war 2 or something.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
So Amazon (& others) will open more but not promise release day delivery?

Will the people who preordered earlier at different websites be "first in line?" Feel like we're going to walk into a situation where they keep adding more preorders and some folks who order right before release will end up getting a console but the folks who refreshed for hours might get delayed.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
With the lack luster launch I'm gonna hold out for a digital maybe next year some time. If I was interested in demon souls I would have kept my preorder but played the hell out of it in the ps3 days and since then don't much care for that type of game any more.

Hope they do a limited edition for god or war 2 or something.

God of War Ragnarok feels like its gonna be the Uncharted / Horizon of PS5 gen, the first MAJOR MAJOR AAA first party exclusive after the launch window. Thats when I hope Sony launches a black console, controller and stuff and hopefully badass God of War limited editions.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Oh get out of here with this nonsense, the Sony corporation said they would be available the following day, a little brain power shouldn't immediately go "retailers are going to unite and do them a day early"

thats not normal.
It kind of is normal, though. Seems to happen every Black Friday with retailers saying sales will begin at a certain time, and they actually start much earlier. You have to be vigilant about this stuff if you really want it. That's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I like how they waited until every last ounce of shit was flung from the fan before tweeting this out lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So Amazon (& others) will open more but not promise release day delivery?

Will the people who preordered earlier at different websites be "first in line?" Feel like we're going to walk into a situation where they keep adding more preorders and some folks who order right before release will end up getting a console but the folks who refreshed for hours might get delayed.
I would think they get first priority and then they still have additional allocation on top of that.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Eh it's still gonna get bot sniped even if they announce times for the pre-orders. Retailers can't combat this with other stuff how would this be any different.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope everyone who wants one is able to secure one.

Also this doesn't necessarily mean they are launch units right? Unless I am reading the tweet wrong, but it looks like definitely before the end of the year.

Giving a time and a date will give bots more opportunity as well.

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much allocation they'll give to membership orientated retailers, like Costco and Sam's Club.

Requiring a membership to even purchase should limit the effectiveness of bots, it's just a question of how many units will be available.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
You say that, but I've also helped quite a few people get them and have been alerting people when I see them go up. I've had the opportunity to buy PS5 currently 7 times. I'm giving tips to you ITT on how to do that. Pay attention. Yet that's a "screw you got mine," in your eyes. You have no argument. Bugger off.
Pay no attention.

Its that time of the year, gen again.

Never that many of us in the PS5 pre order thread were helping others ....after getting one.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
This a rather pointless empty tweet. All it does is acknowledge publicly what they already knew would happen. Nothing is changing in terms of numbers of consoles produced or provided to stores that wasn't already determined

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Let's hope the additional consoles pushed out fulfill some of those pending Amazon orders.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of is normal, though. Seems to happen every Black Friday with retailers saying sales will begin at a certain time, and they actually start much earlier. You have to be vigilant about this stuff if you really want it. That's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is.
What? Posting evidence of this not being just a Sony thing...but on the retailers????

Who are you???

The fact that MS mentioned punishing retailers that didnt follow their pre order guidelines should tell ppl something.

But here we are...lol.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I do hope they fulfill all the pre orders, I already paid mine with FNAC.

Would be hugely disappointed if they fail to deliver pre orders by November 19th in Europe

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Not like they can make that mistake again, it was a one time thing only. Can't reanounce the console lol

Retailers will keep posting preorders when they are available for post launch units.

I'm saying they'll tell us in advance when the next batch of preorders will go live, and they'll make sure retailers play by the rules this time around.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Lets not start that shit here. Their messaging has been mostly confusing and often terrible. Stop trying to undermine that apology by dismissing concerns when Sony clearly felt the need to apologise

Call out the people who are calling this apology "hollow" or "I don't believe it". Those are the ones who actually are undermining the apology. I'm not dismissing anything. I think the apology is rightfully necessary and I'm happy they are doing it.

There are people accusing Sony of purposely misleading people, lying, etc. That has literally been the discourse on this forum lately and it's quite pathetic. So no, I'm gonna poke fun at people saying stupid shit like that. Everything else really hasn't actually been that "confusing" or "terrible". Everything else has been fairly clear if you just have some sense of reading comprehension. People are way too worked up over all this crap. There are valid concerns but everyone has been acting like children lately and it's quite ridiculous.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
God of War Ragnarok feels like its gonna be the Uncharted / Horizon of PS5 gen, the first MAJOR MAJOR AAA first party exclusive after the launch window. Thats when I hope Sony launches a black console, controller and stuff and hopefully badass God of War limited editions.

that would be sweet, always liked Sony's LE consoles but never had a reason to get one.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pay no attention.

Its that time of the year, gen again.

Never that many of us in the PS5 pre order thread were helping others ....after getting one.
This is phrased quite strangely, so I'm not sure I follow 100%. But yes, people are coming together and helping each other as they should. I was going to give my preorder away though until I was able to get more. Not everyone is all about themselves you know.

YQpVo3t.png

He's in town for the week (lives in a different state) for some added clarity.

It's as I said in my first post ITT. I genuinely believe shadow dropping was way better for actual consumers given the bot situation we've also been witnessing. You can disagree, that's cool, but calling into question my character because I disagree is really odd.

Last edited:

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Hopefully it will go smooter for the second wave by virtue of having much fewer gamers hammering the stores online fronts. And some people will have cooled down a bit about preordering a toy. There's a fix number, someone gets one, another doesn't. The problem is not bestbuy crashing it's store because walmart broke the embargo date. The problem is that... not everybody will get one no matter how stores setup the preorders.

Maybe the stores should accept an infinite number of preorder and then draw them at random only the following day. Then there's no figurative digital stampedes on the store fronts, no entitled gamers thinking it's their birth right to have a preorder against the genetically inferior gamers. No first come first serve which is at the center of the problem.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a last chance email from Sony yesterday and on a whim, went into the queue again to look at accessories. It let me in within a minute and they still had disc editions available to add to cart. This was around midnight last night. They must have had a lot of lot of stock for the picked people, maybe? I was expecting all consoles to be sold out at that point.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
OMG! But they haven't been clear about which year, they could've said 2020... also how many? And on top of that they didn't even mention how smoother the preorders could've been. Sony's messaging is such a mess, how can they me so misleading and confusing smh...

/s

nutcasey

Oct 28, 2017
FairPlay. I have family and friends that very much still want one for Christmas so let's hope they organise something that makes this a little easier.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the $400 machine is a winner. My elder millennial ass still wants muh discs though! So that's what I got.

Nov 13, 2017
I think this was more on the side of retailers, specifically Wal Mart. Granted, maybe a date and time wasn't communicated by Sony, or had even begun to be communicated in an attempt to prevent leaks, but it felt like once Wal Mart had a price, they opened the door and everyone followed suit to not miss out on the sales. Sony's first lottery didn't start until yesterday, which leads me to believe that preorders were supposed to start this week.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Sounds like the $400 machine is a winner. My elder millennial ass still wants muh discs though! So that's what I got.

they both appear to be winners, the number of digital consoles to optical drive consoles being made available seems to be kinda on the low end

It was Walmart that said "eff it, go" right?
Sony should chuck them under the bus.

here in Canada, bestbuy.ca was one of the first to go live.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I blame retailers. Especially Bestbuy, they opened the flood gate without infrastructure to handle massive traffic. It was fcking mess.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
It was Walmart that said "eff it, go" right?
Sony should chuck them under the bus.
Even if they had a contract punishing them for breaking the embargo, then what? Not giving them the allocation and giving them to another store? Start a war against retailers?

That would be much worse, many people who ordered at walmart would get a cancellation way too late to order elsewhere. Through no fault of their own. It would literally punish the gamers for what the store did.