• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Had to recheck a couple times that it wasn't a fake account. I've never seen them do anything like this?

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

edit: Smoother.

Glad to hear more consoles are coming for those who need them. Hopefully the $399 models

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
why the hell did they do it like they did in the first place? this was such an easily avoidable mess

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least they owned up to it lol.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't expect them to acknowledge this. Good on them. Hopefully more people get their pre-order secured.

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, I'm getting a P5 day one but a lot of the communication surrounding everything with the console could be a lot smoother.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone that wants one will be able to get one.

This was just the initial craze rush preorder period. it'll be easier to get preorders over the next two months.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Arrogant Sony is back so I don't believe them. They're clearly lying so they must be super happy it was bad.

/s

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Good of them to admit it. It was a total shit show for sure.

I was lucky to get a UK PS5 DE from Amazon but know plenty that missed out.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
Nice for everyone who still needs one, I hope no preorders are cancelled as I would be devastated if mine was

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side, possibly less scalpers were able to buy up units?

I'd argue it's actually easier for "ordinary" enthusiasts to get stuff during a launch like...that...than it is when everyone on the planet is fixated on the same 5 stores at the same exact date/time.

But...it still didn't go smoothly and the retailers and Sony deserve a ton of blame for a lack of communication and back-end support.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
"Smoother"?!

Maybe they could have done what they said and give people plenty of advance notice rather than two hours after the event finished!

Still got mine though. :)

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Sony handled it really poorly, but I imagine this is moreso on the retailers considering Microsoft literally had to threaten them not to break preorder embargoes.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
arrogant apologetic sony is back

wonder when we see apoplectic sony

apoplectic2_nso45f.gif

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to see what sales are like in the aftermath of all this. Must be nuts but things will be more clear when figured are released.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
At least they acknowledged it. Doesn't fix the mess though.

Responses read like an Apple thread.