• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Could literally be nothing, could be an early hint of a Witcher collection of sorts coming our way (despite owning them on Steam, I'd jump on this), could be an early sign Sony managed to grab Cyberpunk's marketing (was it up for grabs still?), could even be some sort of themed DLC hint for one of Sony's games.

At face value this means nothing (99% chance this is indeed the case), but unless we have follow up with other studios (think Epic + Fortnite, Activision + CoD, Ubi + AC, etc, etc) I do personally find this somewhat suspicious... but that's just me, and I have as much insider info as any random person might have.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Re: Witcher 1 and 2 on PS4:

Witcher 1 would have to be totally remade to work on console. Yes, you can kludge in controller support to the PC version but I still don't think most people would enjoy it very much as-is. Not that I'm against the idea, as I did not find the game particularly enjoyable to actually play on PC, so I would welcome the chance to play it with a more modern, player-friendly implementation.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TW1 & 2 are nowhere close to the quality of TW3. TW1 was a slog to complete years ago. It has not aged well. TW2 is better, but TW3 refined pretty much everything in 2.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Re: Witcher 1 and 2 on PS4:

Witcher 1 would have to be totally remade to work on console. Yes, you can kludge in controller support to the PC version but I still don't think most people would enjoy it very much as-is. Not that I'm against the idea, as I did not find the game particularly enjoyable to actually play on PC, so I would welcome the chance to play it with a more modern, player-friendly implementation.
Yup. I played it after playing Witcher 2 (well before Witcher 3 released) and even then it felt like a slog compared to it's sequel.

A remake would be pretty interesting. Make it more like Witcher 2 and 3 and perhaps change some stuff around too. Would definitely buy it.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Don't play with my heart .. CD Projekt with Sony funding would blow up the RPG industry
What i thinking, they already have Kojima on lock might aswell lock up another big studio. Cant imagine they dont have the capital for it and to be honest if sony does pick them up it would mean CDPR was already looking to get picked up.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I like the documentary. It's just a shame they try to whitewash history, because what they call 'cottage industry' was plain old piracy. Games sold on a bazaar basically. It's a shame, because it glosses over the fact how free access to information can help a developing country like Poland get back on its feet - and that piracy more often than not is a force of good.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like the documentary. It's just a shame they try to whitewash history, because what they call 'cottage industry' was plain old piracy. Games sold on a bazaar basically. It's a shame, because it glosses over the fact how free access to information can help a developing country like Poland get back on its feet - and that piracy more often than not is a force of good.
I agree with you. But you really think Sony marketed video would contain anything that paints Piracy in a positive light? I remember eurogamer articles and no clip videos did not shy away from that as much

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony acquiring CD Projekt RED... would be so mind blowing... but thats what makes it impossible.
Strange they'd have those videos though.. considering MS has massive ties to CDPR, and have all but sealed massive marketing rights for their next game. so..
I mean hypothetically.. if that were true, MS could acquire 100 more studios and still not match CDPR. They truly are the modern Western RPG kings.. (sorry Bioware... :( )

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I agree with you. But you really think Sony marketed video would contain anything that paints Piracy in a positive light? I remember eurogamer articles and no clip videos did not shy away from that as much

No, I understand why they do it, I just wish they'd see the bigger picture ;)

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Not having the publicity rights is not a problem for Sony.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't read too much if anything at all in this.
Maybe a marketing partnership for something? That's the best case scenario.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TW1 & 2 are nowhere close to the quality of TW3. TW1 was a slog to complete years ago. It has not aged well. TW2 is better, but TW3 refined pretty much everything in 2.

The story, characters and reactivity is far better in The Witcher 2 than 3. If anything they are a step back in the third game.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

what is this supposed to lead up to? seems like they are going over the games CDPR made, but now we went over everything, so either it is over (the tweet did not imply anything about it being over), or next up will be about cyberpunk....
Okay but why? When has a marketing deal ever changed before the game releases?
it is entirely possible MS never had the marketing for CP2077, and instead just had a deal to reveal it in their E3, it could be the marketing deal was only set a few weeks ago with playstation instead.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
These videos are fantastic watches. Also, consider picking up thronebreaker. I almost didn't buy it because I'm not the biggest fan of gwent but the combat in thronebreaker isn't usually like gwent. While there are a couple of gwent type 3 round battles, most battles are one round battles using cards as your troops with some puzzle battles in-between. It's a legit 20 to 30 hour rpg where you make choices with consequences and I thought it is fantastic. I'd definitely look into it, if not now, when it is on sale.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the most obvious conclusion here is Microsoft never had a marketing deal for CyberPunk 2077, instead it was just an agreement to show a trailer in E3.
the question now is, did Sony do a marketing deal a few weeks ago post E3, or are we talking about a similar video specific deal in here. could be that Hollie joining CDPR helped settle a marketing deal with sony.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Make sense to let Sony handle marketing the game to nearly 100 million ps4 gamers. By the time the game launches PS4 install base will have surpassed 100 million.

So even if not exclusive or studio acquisition it maske good sense to let Sony foot the marketing bill. Sony needs a big 3rd party game to push for 2019 and 2020 anyway.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
And what's the deal with Iwinski's t-shirt? It was blurred out earlier, but in the latest video you can see that it's... a T-rex? Are they trolling us?
Timestamp:

Edit: ok, a friend of mine (thanks, Iron Medic!) has found this T-shirt. Just look at this:

12248827_10695664_480.jpg

... it's a t-rex pushing a shopping cart.

Last edited: