• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of Horizon Zero Dawn on this list suggests they have a PS5 version planned, likely based off the PC version.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Fantastic list. Over half of those I have yet to play, and the thought of firing up Bloodborne again on PS5 Day 1 has huge novelty value to it.

I wonder if those will be permanently available for those who subscribe after the initial launch period.

I also still don't know whether the rest of my digital PS4 library (including PS+ titles and unrelated purchases) can be downloaded and played on Day 1. They should have a really simple answer to that. Is that what the "99%" cited elsewhere refers to?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy or play alot of Playstation exclusives this generation so alot of these are good for me.

God of War - Never bought it

Last of Us Remastered - I own and played it on PS3

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Never bought it

InFamous: Second Son - Got it from PS+ I think? Didn't play it thou

The Last Guardian - Never bought it

Ratchet & Clank - Never bought it

Persona 5 - Never bought it

Detroit: Become Human - Never bought it

Bloodborne - I owned and played but I didn't finish it

Days Gone - I bought it on sale but haven't played it yet

Batman: Arkham Knight - Never bought it

Fallout 4 - I bought day 1 (big mistake) but didn't finish it

Battlefield 1 - Never bought it

Until Dawn - Never bought it

Monster Hunter World - Of course I bought this and played 300+ hours of it

Final Fantasy XV - Never bought it

Mortal Kombat X - Never bought it

RESIDENT EVIL 7 - Never bout it

Wow who would have thought that I would be rewarded with a bunch of free games for not buying them. It's not like I wasn't interested in these games it's kyst that Final Fantasy XIV does keep me entertained for so many months for so long that I often didn't feel compelled to buy more PS4 games.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Planning to sell all these titles that I have physical in my backlog. Was holding off getting the DE because I owned so many titles I still needed to finish. This brings all that one step closer.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I own all of those. This is clearly geared towards someone that skipped PS4 (mainly Xbox consumers).

Also those with a physical collection and wants a digital only console.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
The lack of Horizon Zero Dawn on this list suggests they have a PS5 version planned, likely based off the PC version.

I was wondering about that. Specifically these games included, I'm not expecting any of them to get PS5 version upgrades, just boosts where applicable. The Sony first party titles not included seem like prime candidates for PS5 specific versions.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
So do we know anything about the ownership of these yet? Is it like Game Pass where they might rotate out, or do you have the licenses as long as you have PS+ like other PS+ titles? This thing really sealed the PS5 for me, I missed most of this gen so this is a great collection for me.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
The more I look at this the more I feel like this is great way to assist with any drought from the new console launch. It's def not game pass, it's just more games with your online sub.

As someone whose already paid for 3+ years of ps+ this great add on for picking up the new system.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I assume this is for PS5 customers only? If you have a PS4 and PS+ you have to buy these separately?

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
This will be a even nicer feature if they rotate/add games to the list every month or two

I've never gotten why you would want a game to rotate off your list. That isn't a positive! Remember when PS+ was criticised because you were "renting" your games? That's even worse!

Read Dead 2 was only on GamePass May-Sept - I don't personally like that at all, if you wanted to play a few games before it you might not get to play it at all, or even worse play half of it and then it's removed from your library and you need to buy it to continue.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I've never gotten why you would want a game to rotate off your list. That isn't a positive! Remember when PS+ was criticised because you were "renting" your games? That's even worse!

Read Dead 2 was only on GamePass May-Sept - I don't personally like that at all, if you wanted to play a few games before it you might not get to play it at all, or even worse play half of it and then it's removed from your library and you need to buy it to continue.

I never said I wanted that, but I'm just being realistic.

You think Sony is just going to add games month after month until you have hundreds of games in your collection waiting to be played ?

LMAO

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I've bought and played all of these except for Battlefield 1 which I have no interest in.

Shame they didn't include Persona 5 Royal over vanilla Persona 5.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will they be enhanced? Bloodborne 60 fps or bust.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
This is an incetive for people to buy the PS5, and since half the titles are Playstation exclusive, it seems it's targeted at people that skipped this generation.
This. I skipped PS4 this gen, really wanted to buy one the last couple of years but held off since I already have a Switch and One S. I've been itching to buy PS4 games the last couple of weeks so I could play them once I have the PS5 since I still have money left on my PSN from PS3/Vita days, but I'm glad I waited until this reveal. That list is really good and I see myself buying more than half from that list if they didn't do this.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a poor selection of games from my perspective. I've played & finished 11 of those, have zero interest in two of them (Fallout 4 & BF1), have some interest in a couple but decide not to support them for various reasons (Persona 5 & Detroit), which leaves me with Monster Hunter World & Mortal Kombat X.

I have all these too but just because I own them can't call this a poor selection of game. This is a great lineup.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
This is really cool but I own every single game on that list outside of MK (which I'm not interested in).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I really really really wish this was Mortal Kombat 11. 10 feels and looks ancient compared to it..

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is really great. I've played most of them, but for people who haven't they're really getting some incredible games. I haven't played FF15, Last Guardian, or RE7 yet though so I'm looking forward to those.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
looks like im getiing arkham knight and rachet and clank woohoo, i own everything else

EDIT: and getting persona 5!!!

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
This is a killer deal for new adopters. Really good move.

Theres a game or 2 there for me as well.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like this could've been part of PS Now going forward? Like, I'll take all the free games as a PS+ owner but...

Any day now they're gonna pull the trigger on PS Now and take it seriously.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
So do we know anything about the ownership of these yet? Is it like Game Pass where they might rotate out, or do you have the licenses as long as you have PS+ like other PS+ titles? This thing really sealed the PS5 for me, I missed most of this gen so this is a great collection for me.
I don't think they've spelled it out, but they've used the term "collection" before to refer to all games you've received through PS+, and which are yours to keep as long as you maintain your PS+ subscription. My guess is that it will work exactly like that with these games.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
There's a couple of there I wouldn't mind playing but I already own most of them. Still, great for anyone who missed or skipped the PS4 generation.