• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So does this mean I lose all my current PSplus games if I get a PS5? Will I be able to play PS5 games if I get this collection of PS4 games? Will subscribing to this get me Gamepass?

Just so many questions left unanswered.
No, PS4 games are backwards compatible on PS5, it doesn't make any sense to limit current PS4 PS+ offerings.
I don't understand this question, of course you will be able to play PS5 games if you get the collection, why wouldn't you?
No, Gamepass is for Xbox.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is an incredible list. I'm frankly amazed. People are in for a real treat on day 1 of PS5 just by getting all these games for "free".

Oct 28, 2017
This is amazing, imagine getting a PS5 with a ps+ sub at launch and being able to simply download these titles. It's obviously inspired by game pass, which is even more incredible, but since this was unexpected, I'm pleasantly surprised.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool. I haven't bothered re-subscribing to PS+ for over a year now since the monthly games haven't been of interest to me and I don't play games online. However, this offering will get me to re-subscribe. I can try out Detroit and Persona.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, PS4 games are backwards compatible on PS5, it doesn't make any sense to limit current PS4 PS+ offerings.
I don't understand this question, of course you will be able to play PS5 games if you get the collection, why wouldn't you?
No, Gamepass is for Xbox.

Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately the level of discourse has been so bad today the sarcasm in my post wasn't easily detected.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
This not being available on PS4 seems silly, I hope they eventually announce it for PS4. They said its a bonus to PS plus users, and these are PS4 games. Everyone should be getting their bonus.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This is great for people who havnt already played all of these games. I wonder if they are going to use this to raise the prices on ps+ again.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Well as far as free stuff goes, can't really complain. Have yet to play Days Gone and TLG.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Now I dunno if I should use this to play Persona 5 or still eventually buy Royal since that Switch port doesn't seem to be happening.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I wonder how many of them have unlocked framerates that could benefit from PS5?

I know it's pure fantasy, but wouldn't it be great if the entire list of games received PS5 enhancement patches? Or at very least unlocked framerates etc to get passively improved?

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
So excited for Bloodborne even though I of course own it already and could play it through BC but at least this pretty much confirms it will have a great performance and visual boost on PS5.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
nice to know, i was considering getting infamous again just the other day

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Would be nice if bloodborne improved. Not expecting. IF BF1 is just the base game not including expansion then I don't think it's that good of inclusion. MHW though is great, have it on PC but it's not cutting it at the moment. Nearly every other game I played before.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Oh, you have a nice sized backlog being serviced.

My list

God of War - Never finished (Own physical and probably buying the PS5 DE)
The Last Guardian - Never Played
Detroit: Become Human - Never Played
Fallout 4 - Never finished (played on xbox)
Battlefield 1 - Never Played
Until Dawn - Never played
Monster Hunter World - Never finished (played on xbox)
RESIDENT EVIL 7 - Never Played
We shall complete them all!!! (maybe!)

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is basically Instant Game Collection v.2, and yes it's a really good idea.

Baffled at the decision to omit GaaS games though, GTS and Dreams should have been there. If SIE has any idea what they are doing, the standalone TLOU2 Faction mode should be added day one too (unless it's intended to be F2P).

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, technically they could have this be on PS4 too for the same reason Miles Morales and Forbidden West will be on PS4

$$$

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Gotta love when the original format of something is then re-added and depicted as a brand new feature.
(Also love how this is being seen as a Game Pass clone when PS Plus did it first)

Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but this is how all of PS Plus used to work. Games got added and were just there to download and play whenever.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
If I didn't play any of these in the last few years I would be jumping up and down. These are some of the best games for new comers to the system.

My friend doesn't buy many games but if he gets a PS5, he will be flooded lol.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
That's the point of PS plus. That it builds over time. A lot of the games showsn have already been given away free on PS+ over time. But I imagine this will be available on PS5 for the first 6 monhs or so to give people a chance to transition to it.

I need to know when this collection ends. Will it stay 3 months like PS NOW games or 6 like you said, before changing. Also I hope this won't be a forced acquisition for those games in base form so you will be able to get Deluxe Edition of such games like GOW and Days Gone. I mean I skipped adding some PS Plus games because they deprived me from getting the Deluxe Edition and there were no ways to upgrade.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I will be waiting to get a PS5 disc version until maybe God of War Ragnarok or something in a bundle. Does this mean that PS4 owners that pay the same PS+ subscription as a PS5 owner won't get access to these PS4 games? If so that seems really messed up given that many PS4 owners haven't played all of those games either and are paying for the same subscription.

Oct 25, 2017
This will allow me to basically sell my entire physical library with my PS4 Pro. So, works for me

I would assume that the Collection will be available for any moment that you're subscribed to Plus, whether you leave and return or whatever. I would not assume that this will come with any enhancements, though the true first party stuff might with Sony able to command and prioritize resources.

MAN I am gonna have way too many games to play. At least now I know what I can skip on PS4.

God of War - Never finished (2hrs in)
Last of Us Remastered - Never finished (1hr-90m in)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Never Played
InFamous: Second Son - Never Played
The Last Guardian - Never Played
Ratchet & Clank - Never Played
Persona 5 - Never Played
Detroit: Become Human - Never Played
Bloodborne - Finished!
Days Gone - Never Played
Batman: Arkham Knight - Never Played
Fallout 4 - Never Played
Battlefield 1 - Never Played
Until Dawn - Never Finished (1hr or so in)
Monster Hunter World - Never Played
Final Fantasy XV - Never Played
Mortal Kombat X - Never Played
RESIDENT EVIL 7 - Never Played
The irony of the one game on this list that you've finished.... being Bloodborne 🤯

Also, heh @ 1hr 90m

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
This makes so much sense, instead of trying to find PS5 games to put on the monthly ps plus games where people will complain about Indies bring back the instant game collection for the PS5.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Pretty good list.

Unfortunately I already own every single game on this list except Persona 5. EDIT: oh and Days Gone.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will be waiting to get a PS5 disc version until maybe God of War Ragnarok or something in a bundle. Does this mean that PS4 owners that pay the same PS+ subscription as a PS5 owner won't get access to these PS4 games? If so that seems really messed up given that many PS4 owners haven't played all of those games either and are paying for the same subscription.
But they didn't pay $500 for a new console in 2020.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Great value if you dont have much of those games. Unfortunately I own the digital version of every single one of those games except for a couple of them (which don't interest me)

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Having Persona 5 so people play it and want the Royal contentl but need to play through a 100 hour game again is cruel and unusual imo.

There are about 3 games on that list that haven't been $10 before =/ Hopefully the collection gets better.

Oct 26, 2017
Hope we get more details soon. I mean should we expect any enhancements? Tempted to put off my MHW crown grind until PS5 lmao.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
I read the official blog post about the collection but still can't see a definitive answer on whether the games are available to download and play for PS4 owners, too. I really can't see Sony making new listings on their store for each game and have to mention PS5 exclusivity too.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
This was the thing that really put me in a position to take a PS5 DE. I don't have a PS since PS2, and have a chance to get some games "free" at the start, and some being exclusives i never played, seems pretty decent to start in the PS world.

Just need to see the gat dammit comparasions and etc from games etc before decide between go first with Series S/X or PS5 DE.

And ofc, about cooling etc. i don't want a jet during my game time XD