• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
How long can you claim these games? Only on PS5... for PS4 games? It sounds like an offer for people to switch over. No additional cost is nice at least, and unlike PS Now, these games will stay in your library and you can enjoy them at your own pace.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Plus collection is not playstation plus. They are different. Where did you guys get the message you receive these games for free with ps plus?

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Great for people jumping into PlayStation for the first time with PS5. So much amazing stuff to play there if you skipped PS4.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Plus collection is not playstation plus. They are different. Where did you guys get the message you receive these games for free with ps plus?

The part where they said all ps+ users recieve at no additional cost? Essentially they are ps+ games that apparently can only be used on ps5.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It just released it needs to sell more.

It will be almost a year old by the time PS5 launches. I don't think it will sell significantly more copies. It's never going to make the NPD top 20 again. Game sales are always front loaded. I don't hear any buzz about it anymore. If they wait too long, people aren't even going to be interested in it for free because there's going to be so few creators left. They just need to get people in and figure out ways to monetize it on the other end. Dreams needs to be F2P at PS5 launch, or at least part of this collection. PS5 launch is the perfect time to get people into it while people are all excited about playing anything on their new console.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Who said it comes with ps plus?
It's in Playstation Blog: This blog post.
"For PlayStation Plus members, we'll have a special new offering on PS5 – the PlayStation Plus Collection**. PS5 owners with PS Plus will be able to download and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation – – The PS Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PS Plus members receive for a single subscription price."

To me it sounds quite clear.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
was that on the trailler?!

It's in their official messaging, including the PS Blog:

For PlayStation Plus members, we'll have a special new offering on PS5 – the PlayStation Plus Collection**. PS5 owners with PS Plus will be able to download and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more. The PS Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PS Plus members receive for a single subscription price.

If this is like all games on PS+, they will not expire once they "leave the collection." You'll just get to keep them as long as you have PS+.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I can hope this means Bloodborne will load amazingly.

I'm hoping it can use the PS5 boost mode

Woodsey

Oct 29, 2017
This isn't a gamepass model. This is just 1-2 year old games being added to their PS+ Service. Gamepass adds brand new games Day 1.

I think Sony know that MS has an edge with GP and could easily see them develop this model in future...maybe even to first party games day 1 or within a number of months.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for shit posting. I didn't saw the trailler explanation.
It's literally in the trailer.

Twice.

A9spXBW.png

KkvLhrG.png

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I almost bought Days Gone few weeks ago. Looks like I'll just wait it out.

This is never meant to be on par with game pass in the first place.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I think Sony know that MS has an edge with GP and could easily see them develop this model in future...maybe even to first party games day 1 or within a number of months.
Xbox Gamepass is for sure a huge benefit for Xbox, but they also don't have the first party lineup Sony does. I can't see Sony offering all their 1st party games in a subscription service...especially not at the price Xbox does. Who knows though, I'm sure it'll happen eventually once digital becomes a full time thing.

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox Gamepass is for sure a huge benefit for Xbox, but they also don't have the first party lineup Sony does. I can't see Sony offering all their 1st party games in a subscription service...especially not at the price Xbox does. Who knows though, I'm sure it'll happen eventually once digital becomes a full time thing.

Yeah, right now I don't trust anything Sony says or does. They straight up were deceptive with their wording on generations. They showed some awesome games, but I don't believe anything they say at face value right now.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I own every single one of these lmao. Amazing value for those who didn't play these though.

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
This is me making an Olympic leap to a conclusion, but I noticed the font at the end of the reveal was the OG PSOne/2 one... could it be?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any new information about how these will perform on PS5? Or how any PS4 games that are compatible will perform? (i.e. boost modes, better resolution or framerates, etc. saves carried over? etc.)

This is me making an Olympic leap to a conclusion, but I noticed the the font used in the reveal for this was the OG PSOne/2 one... could it be?
Don't do this to yourself, haha

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
At first I liked announcing this during this presentation because this was going to be the highest viewed thing before launch.

Now I'm not so hot on timing the announcement this way for the reason that it might have been overshadowed -- this seems like a really good value add for the service.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
They need to detail it: price and all and what happens to existing PS Plus owners.
This is part of Plus. The price of it is what you pay to subscribe to Plus.

I don't understand why you think something "happens" to existing PS Plus subscribers. What happens to existing PS Plus subscribers is that they're PS Plus subscribers, and also have access to this.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Really good games, but I've played most of those. Not a big selling point for me in its current form.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
The main "problem" with this is that it blurs the line a bit between Plus and Now.

For me the main problem is none of these PS4 games are playable on PS4. It's so strange that you can't play the PS4 collection on PS4... So if I upgrade the PS4 in my living room I can play these PS4 games on my PS5. But can't play them on the PS4 over in the kid's room? What a dumb limitation... Gonna need a matrix of what's in PS Now, PS+ Collection on which platform and which versions of what, and what's enhanced and not enhanced. It's all just silly. Why can't it just be simple: here's some old PS4 games for PS+, Instant Game Collection is back!

Mar 11, 2019
That's nice, but I already own most of those games, and those that I don't own I just don't care about them.
Imagine newcomers to the console, its pretty massive if you buy a PS5, lets say coming from the Xbox platform and you can play some of the best PS4 games from the previous generation with a PS+ subscription from day 1 of the console.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This is part of Plus. The price of it is what you pay to subscribe to Plus.

I don't understand why you think something "happens" to existing PS Plus subscribers. What happens to existing PS Plus subscribers is that they're PS Plus subscribers, and also have access to this.

I thought PS PLus owners need to pay a fee to upgrade or are locked to old PS Plus until it expires and they need to get this instead. I wasn't aware if this was the case. If this is part of Plus then this is really awesome. I hope this doesn't mean only for PS5 owners though cus those who miss getting the console at launch could miss the games.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's nice but sucks it's only for PS5 and isn't available for PS4 owners

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I kind of wish mods would ban talk of Game Pass from the thread.

It is litearlly unrelated. It has nothing to do with Game Pass and is nothing like Game Pass. It a single collection of free games. That's it.