• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PrismStar

Oct 27, 2017
I injected reshade into psnow app then enabled Radeon Image sharpening.

Not bad eh?

before
uoxziHV.png

after

68OxS7v.png

look at the bucket for example. I like it.

You can do lots more with reshade to make the stream look less bland.
wait I've never tried PSNow but do you mean the PSNow's stream looks bland or Uncharted 4 itself looks bland?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I live far away, but have a 100MB fibre line, I wonder if this will work for me?
Will give it a go..
I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you live in an African country?
If so, I don't think PS Now is supported there...

This is the full list of supported countries:
PlayStation Now is currently available in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United States and the United Kingdom.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a crazy number of JRPGs on there from last gen as well. Tales of Cold Steel 1 & 2, a bunch of Atelier games, some Rune Factory stuff, Deception 4 in two flavors. I've enjoyed just using it to sample a bunch of those games I was never confident in purchasing.

There's certainly a....quantity, but a lot of them tend to be a bit bottom of the barrel, Cold Steel aside.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to jump in for a month. Does anyone else feel like the PS3 stuff has much more noticeable input lag than PS4? Wolfenstein and Dirt 4 (streamed, of course) played great, couldn't detect any input lag at all. Meanwhile everything I tried from the PS3 section had about a half-second of lag.
There's clear tiers within PS Now. PS4 games work better than PS3 games. 60FPS games work better than 30FPS games. So something like Dirt 4 is more likely to run well.

(If PS4 games are running with minimal input lag for you, though, PS3 games definitely won't have half a second of lag. I suspect you are considerably exaggerating that, consciously or not).

I live far away, but have a 100MB fibre line, I wonder if this will work for me?
Will give it a go..
I'm not sure we know where the PS Now servers are, so if you're in a supported country I'm not sure you could confidently say that you're far away from them.

MyAfricaGaming

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's clear tiers within PS Now. PS4 games work better than PS3 games. 60FPS games work better than 30FPS games. So something like Dirt 4 is more likely to run well.

(If PS4 games are running with minimal input lag for you, though, PS3 games definitely won't have half a second of lag. I suspect you are considerably exaggerating that, consciously or not).

I'm not sure we know where the PS Now servers are, so if you're in a supported country I'm not sure you could confidently say that you're far away from them.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you live in an African country?
If so, I don't think PS Now is supported there...

This is the full list of supported countries:

I actually have a US account on my PS4 from back when I bought a PS3 (2008) I created the account because games are actually cheaper in the dollar amount than in my local currency. Bought loads of games from the US store over the years. Im in South Africa btw, 100MB fibre could handle it... maybe. But you do get up to 1Gig Fibre lines here, that should definitely work.. unless there is an IP blocker or something on Sony's/PSN's side.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I actually have a US account on my PS4 I created back in 2008, bought loads of games from the US store because it's cheaper on there than in my country (South Africa). 100MB fibre could handle it... maybe. But you do get up to 1Gig Fibre lines here, that should definitely work.. unless there is an IP blocker or something on Sony's/PSN's side.
PS Now is IP blocked, unfortunately.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I actually have a US account on my PS4 I created back in 2008, bought loads of games from the US store because it's cheaper on there than in my country (South Africa). 100MB fibre could handle it... maybe. But you do get up to 1Gig Fibre lines here, that should definitely work.. unless there is an IP blocker or something on Sony's/PSN's side.
I'm nearly certain there is an IP blocker, but even if there isn't, that kind of distance is too far to be workable. Increasing the bandwidth won't help either. You're probably going to have to wait until Sony launch this service in South Africa.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I'm nearly certain there is an IP blocker, but even if there isn't, that kind of distance is too far to be workable. Increasing the bandwidth won't help either. You're probably going to have to wait until Sony launch this service in South Africa.

Not true. I'm in Europe and have a US account for quite some time and had zero issues with connections, lag and such. US PS Now also has a couple extra games if I'm not mistaken.

MyAfricaGaming

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That sucks... :(
On a 100MB line, I get 50MB upload, was thinking juat maybe that would negate the distance so. somewhat.. I've tested ping to servers in the east and west coast and get between 78 and 112MS.. I was also going to try streaming through a UK account.. but knowing they have an IP blocker means it's impossible ... will just have to wait for them to bring it here... which is probably... never. They had a local PSN Store day 1 here in 2007, they even have local support of Spotify and many other apps support.. but game streaming... not sure it's a priority for them in South Africa.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Have this a go last night and purposefully streamed rather than downloaded god of war and gta v. Input lag wasn't great when on WiFi but switching to Ethernet and was much better. Was really surprised how stable the image was with no big screen artefacts or tearing. Having used GeForce now that dropped in quality lots for me and had lots of screen artefacts. Colour me impressed.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Yo I'm blown away by the stream quality here, and the price kinda makes PS plus irrelevant to me now.

I tried the 7 day free trial of Now when Now was first realised, and it was terribly stuttery.

I didn't realise until yesterday that since the price drop, everyone gets a 7 day free trial, even if you've used one before.

I jumped on it and played the first couple levels of Doom 2016, and image quality and performance were flawless, indistinguishable from playing an actual copy of the game.

This combined with the fact you can download games now kinda changes everything for me personally, and all for the same price of Plus.

Coincidentally, last month I cancelled my Plus for the first time in years and years. The reason being, I already had TLOU and had no interest in MLB, and previous months also have been full of games I've had recently. I was thinking I'll just sign up again when some games come out on it that I want, but I'm legitimately considering just switching to Now for good.

If they start adding new major games on day one like MS do with Gamepass, plus will no longer be a worthwhile proposition in comparison.

I wonder if they'll combine the two services somehow in the near future. Would explain the no additional plus games when Vita and PS3 disappeared.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Not true. I'm in Europe and have a US account for quite some time and had zero issues with connections, lag and such. US PS Now also has a couple extra games if I'm not mistaken.
This makes me happy. I asked about this back when the thread opened but No one answered but now thanks to you I have my answer. I live in Sweden but my account is US so now that I know there are no issues subscribing to the US one I'm happy and will probably subscribe today

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
You are probably connected to the european servers, not the ones in the US.

I live in EU but use an US PSN account due to some games being available exclusively there. The PS Now account is created on the same PSN account and I always use those game cards to make purchases, renew my subs since my paypal and card accounts are in EU. I have no idea what servers I am redirected to tbh but like I've said, for me at least, it's smooth as butter. My net is what you would call average but my country is notorious for it's great internet infrastructure. I've finished a lot of games so far and my favourite genre are character action games so if NGS works beautifully at what seems to be 60fps, then it's all great in my book.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The service is as mediocre and pretty much in the same place as it was in 2016 when they launched their app on PC. Nothing changed.

The streaming is okay quality wise if you got good internet. Not as good as Nvidia's but still sub par for they money that they're asking. The input lag was okay on my end.

They're also using base PS4's for some goddman reason as a base for streaming.

10$ a month and can't even pick something like resolution or performance mode for games like God of War.

PS Now is IP blocked, unfortunately.

It's not.

I'm using the UK client even tho I'm not from the UK and that's the closest that I get region wise.

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
The 60€ a year price point is just too good...5€ a month is nothing really.

I'll still buy first party games day and date, but will stop buying most AA and indie games on the Store and subscribe to Now instead

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Whats this 7 day sign in about?

If i buy the 12 month membership why would i need to keep signing in within 7 days?

What happens after 7 days?

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
So I tried this last night; I have to say, PS Now is fucking insane value for somebody with no money.

I don't own any current gen consoles and my laptops's GPU melted, and I don't have the money to buy any of these things.

So I basically went from having zero ability to play any games to having a shit ton of Sony exclusives and other games, free for 7 days. I can hear my past teenaged-self's mind blowing. Finally I get to actually play Bloodborne and I didn't have to spend a dime.

Oct 27, 2017
I have had a mixed view on game streaming and I still do but PSNow has definitely opened my eyes. I played about 3 hours of Arkham Origins last night and after the opening prison section I honestly forgot I was streaming a game at all. Arkham is a game that features timed button combat and I never once felt that my inputs were lagging or messed up. That's with playing on hard and Origins extremely aggressive ai. Aside from that the girlfriend and I played Katamari Forever for about 2 hours. That was a ton of fun and again I forgot that I was streaming a game. Nothing ever felt bad about it. I think I'm going to keep my subscription for now and visit all kinds of games that I miss and can't justify buying like Vampyr, Chess Ultra and Spec Ops.

My only major gripe would be that PSNow uses the ps3's code for some reason. So Arkham Origins drops ridiculous amounts of frames when gliding through Gotham just like it always has. Other than that though. I don't mind 720p resolution. I don't mind the 20 seconds or so of waiting time to get into the game. This is truly like Netflix gaming right now and I recommend looking into the free trial even if your internet is shit like mine, it might surprise you like it did for me. If game streaming has a future it's going to have to be a model like this and it's pretty amazing. If they keep up this value and price, and my internet doesn't suddenly lose the ability to stream games, this will be a regular part of how I game from here on out.

Glowing recommendation from a streaming naysayer. 10/10

Oct 28, 2017
Resubbed. Tried Vampyr and noped the fuck out as soon as I saw the skill tree. Nothing turns me off more than seeing a skill tree and RPG bullshit. But you see this is the great thing about PS Now. I could try it quickly see the turn off and move on. Didn't have to waste money on it, didn't have to waste time waiting for it to download, didn't have to waste time freeing up space on the hard drive for it. My wasted time was as minimal as possible. Bless game streaming.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Finally enjoying the Batman games. So far it feels good playing Arkham over streaming (PC and PS4 Pro).

Soya

Oct 28, 2017
Can I use the xbox controller on PC while streaming PS Now games? Tempted to give GOW a try...
Yes. Works fine for GOW. The only problem are games that require the touchpad or things the xbox controller doesn't do.

Today I saw the PS Now on PS4. It is lightyears ahead of the PC version. All my problems with the PC client are adressed on the PS4.
Ich hope they spend some money on the PC client and bring feature parity.

And if Sony wants to make the service a bigger success they really need to bring it to every device with internet access and a screen or conection to a screen. This really should have already happen. This and feature parity to the PS4 version should be their priority right now.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
If I have a PS4Pro I would get a better stream on PC by downloading the game on the PS4 and then using Remote Play, right?

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Did someone say it was possible to use cloud saves to transfer a save state from a non-streamed instance of a game to a streamed instance of a game (say you don't want to bother installing it etc)?

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Did someone say it was possible to use cloud saves to transfer a save state from a non-streamed instance of a game to a streamed instance of a game (say you don't want to bother installing it etc)?

It is possible, but you need PlayStation Plus to accomplish this. Here's a link that explains the process:

PlayStation® Official Site: Consoles, Games, Accessories & More

Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Can someone help me, I have 15$ in my wallet and I'm trying to sign up but it's requiring credit card even tho I have money in my wallet. Any work around ? I live in EU so I don't have a US credit card

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have an issue with the PC app where it does "Controller disconnected" after computer sleep and then requires a reboot of the app to get it to work right again? I can use the controller to like navigate the menu but games won't recognize it. Bit annoying to have to restart it every time I put my computer to sleep.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My only major gripe would be that PSNow uses the ps3's code for some reason.

Well yeah, the PS3 games run on physical PS3 based servers.

Resubbed. Tried Vampyr and noped the fuck out as soon as I saw the skill tree. Nothing turns me off more than seeing a skill tree and RPG bullshit. But you see this is the great thing about PS Now. I could try it quickly see the turn off and move on. Didn't have to waste money on it, didn't have to waste time waiting for it to download, didn't have to waste time freeing up space on the hard drive for it. My wasted time was as minimal as possible. Bless game streaming.

Yeah, that's a really underappreciated benefit. Hell, there are games you could play to completion streaming that would use less total data than downloading to install. Being able to quickly sample games with zero barrier is really fantastic.

Can someone help me, I have 15$ in my wallet and I'm trying to sign up but it's requiring credit card even tho I have money in my wallet. Any work around ? I live in EU so I don't have a US credit card

No, you need a CC on file for rebilling purposes, even if you pay using wallet funds.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone's trying God of War for the first time with this hope you have fun! It's so wild to imagine people playing it on PC now.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
thanks, it dont feel upgraded but maybe is because there are some artifact cause i have low connection. ui dont know. btw i have no imput lag, but the visual is dirty and in a way foggy

Nov 30, 2017
Well I was curious so I did some digging into my personal PSNOW.

There is

• 358 downloadable games
  • 345 PS4 games
  • 166 exclusives
  • 462 PS3 games
  • Only 21 PS2 games

Pretty damn good numbers. I have a feeling the list will be increasing in numbers and or quality considering their renewed focus on pushing it.