• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
HxRTfTO.gif

Me arriving to this thread to read all the doom and gloom about Sony destroying video games industry and how this can't be long term sustainable.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or once MS offers game streaming for $10 it'll be true competition for PS Now.

But honestly this feels more a response to Stadia dropping next month.

Microsoft is already starting the tests for xCloud. They haven't outright confirmed it will be included with the price of Game Pass, but they pretty much said that it would not make sense to make it a separate sub. At that point, Microsoft is gonna have an edge with the first parties if Sony doesn't move. God Of War or GTA V are big games but they're way far from released compared to Microsoft's first parties or the fact that they've got games of the caliber of Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry V, Metro Exodus mere months after release on their service.

Either way, we are slowly moving away from the era where spending 70 Euros for a single game's access at launch makes sense. It's not what other media is doing when you get practically unlimited music, movies, TV shows, books, etc. with other services costing 10 bucks a month or so. For the price of one game you can now play dozens or hundreds of them, many of which day 1. Very different from before and hopefully Sony follow suit in that aspect as well. I expect Nintendo to get there as well with their usual 5-10 years delay on the Internet stuff, lol.

Aug 26, 2018
Much needed move, kudos!!

They gotta improve the library quickly, get some new 3rd Party AAA titles. Think those 3rd party titles already on Gamepass would also probably move to PS Now if the offer was right.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, didn't know you could download every PS3 game on your PS4. How does this work, I thought the games couldn't be emulated?

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Really nice.

And interesting to see this 'marquee' model. Basically a rotating selection of newer games. Let's see how this goes.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
i think the new games are only available in the US. they're definitely not here in yurop.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's a good price, they just need to improve the quality and it's in a really good spot. I'm going to guess the quality won't be changed until PS5 though.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Price cut is nice, but man, old "marquee" games only available for 3 months means this is still a non-starter for me.

Second Son is 5 years old! That should have been on the service already much earlier.

Yeah, even at that price I'm not getting all the enthusiasm. But I have a huge backlog and I barely touch gamepass, I just don't see how I'd have time for even more games. I guess if I wasn't already locked into a few years of gamepass this might be tempting?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Still reluctant to this subscription-based future, but that's the name of the game these days, so I suppose any move to increase its presence/popularity should be regarded as a positive one.

And I actually like the "marquee title" concept; it's a clever way to play with people's impulses, adds some excitement around the line-up, but most of all, it won't ruin the retail market the way a permanent, day one release is doing (though that probably will come either way, next year or later).

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Dear Sony, I live in LATAM. Can you please give me access to this service? In exchange, I give you money.

That's a huge price cut.

Nov 2, 2017
I like this new phase of Psnow will most likely sub in dry month December also Hope next phase adds PSvita games 👀

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone actually know why PSNow gets so ignored compared to Gamepass? Was it the price?

Anyway, I have Gold Ultimate but if a year of PSNow is a good price, I'm getting that.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten PSNow wasn't streaming-only anymore. This is actually a pretty good deal.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
$59.99 is WAY better than $99.99

I might actually finally get a sub.

Does anyone actually know why PSNow gets so ignored compared to Gamepass? Was it the price?

Anyway, I have Gold Ultimate but if a year of PSNow is a good price, I'm getting that.

The outrageous price mainly. Also when PSNow launched it was really confusing to use. Also I feel like every game cost X amount of dollars really early on to stream and it felt really scummy. It was also streaming only and it was really bad streaming at that.

mind you this is what I vaguely remember from the initial launch period.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Multiple factors. For starters the marketing from Sony just isn't there, besides a blog post announcing the new games they barely mention the service and those games usually aren't even announced until they're already available. Then you also have the limited availability since Now is only available in countries in which Sony's streaming service is live and running, and yeah then there's the steep pricing which is now thankfully fixed.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Is there a sortable list of games available? Wikipedia isn't much help here.
You can check the list on the official site.

www.playstation.com

PS Now | On-demand PlayStation games on PS5, PS4 or PC

Join PS Now for instant access to a huge library of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games, ready to stream to your PS5, PS4 or Windows PC, or download to your PS4 console.

If you want a list with distinct PS3/PS4 games to know the PS4 games which are downloadble
You can go to the PS Now French website (just go at the bottom of the page), there are few difference between US and EU list of games available but it can give you an idea

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Still don't think my internet can sustain game streaming, but the fact I can download the PS4/PS2 games is absolutely huge. I'll be getting this tonight. Fair play Sony.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

Lack of promotion, and lack of 'big newer names' on the service. Price I think was secondary to those things.

I think they're moving into a new phase with it on all these fronts. Having a TV spot for the holidays is notable.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
In the Swiss PS Store the 12-month subscription is still 114.90 which is about €105... I hope they'll update that one as well. I'd subscribe to it immediately if they did.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up for $60 late last year when it was on sale and it's a steal for that price. I thought I'd only use streaming for casual play here and there but I found it works a lot better than when I tried it during beta. I still download AAA PS4 games that I intend on spending a lot of time with.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
No you can't

You can download PS2 and PS4 games on PS4, not PS3 games :(
You can't. PS3 games need to be streamed. PS4 and PS2 games can be downloaded.
It shows for me in french but it says PS3 games can be downloaded or streamed on PS4 or PC. Maybe it's an error.

Chaque titre PS3 est disponible en streaming ou en téléchargement directement sur votre PS4 ou PC Windows.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm in asia where ps now still hasn't launched yet, I tried free trial before from us psn store and can't get it because it require US credit card. Can I tried 1 month with psn wallet? I usually buy psn card from Amazon.

I imagine I can only use it for ps4 games download, but just curious about the service

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I'll cop a month to play god of war. Question, do you have to use a PS4 controller to stream on PC or are there other options?