• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Decided to start with the 7 day trail. Really tempted to just purchase the 12 month subscription for that new price.

Is there a website where we can check how long games are available on the platform? I know that God of War and such are available until January 6th, 2020.
The only games of which we know when they'll leave are the marquee games added in the past 3 months and those all show the date they're leaving inside the app on PS4.

OP
OP
xeroyear

xeroyear

Nov 8, 2018
Updated the thread with next months games.

QuYjLs8.jpg
Gp4vGLU.jpg
7xFqjek.jpg
ZrPgc4s.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn (includes The Frozen Wilds) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Overcooked! 2

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good list. Guess they're going that route where they're adding games and you get them for a few months.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to complain that I've owned the last 3 months of games, but then I realized I don't actually own PUBG or F1... just not my cup of tea.

Oh well, the additions are good ones, even if they're not good for me. It's not like I'm out of stuff to play on the service.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
honestly even if i had the time and the will to play only ps now and not other games, the fact that i have to do it with a countdown, totally ruin the experience for me. If i could have sex only with a clock alarm and i have to do that now or i wont be able to do that in the future, probably also that nice thing will be ruined for me...

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
honestly even if i had the time and the will to play only ps now and not other games, the fact that i have to do it with a countdown, totally ruin the experience for me. If i could have sex only with a clock alarm and i have to do that now or i wont be able to do that in the future, probably also that nice thing will be ruined for me...

really need to give at least 6 months.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
to me even if it was one year, is just the thing that there is a limit that urge me to play playstation now and not one game that i bought and maybe i would like to play more. this makes playing a job

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
3 months for Persona 5 was completely stupid, especially when they offer it with an other open world.

3 months for a GaaS game like PUBG also makes no sense. It's basically just a demo.

For Uncharted LL though it's perfect. For Horizon 3 months is also okayish but I already have this game.

I'll take Overcooked 2, my gf liked the first one, will be nice to play it with her.

Overall, after a not so good start I start to see the value of it now. If they add 4-5 big games that I can actually finish, plus 6-8 smaller games to keep for a longer time, then I might consider renewing come October next year. Though, I think I'll go for 1 month subscriptions. Like the previous poster said, feels too much like work as is and the one year subscription adds a bit of stress.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Minor corrections regarding the list: TES IV Oblivion is not the GOTY Edition. The game doesn't contain the SI DLC - according to reddit it did once but got removed within a day or two.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they announced next months games so soon. I have a feeling we will be hereing about some big things about the future of PS Now next month. One of them probably being able to stream games at 1080.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually been just playing PS3 games on this Sony should remarket this as a retro library, with the ps1, ps2, and PS3 . Maybe call it PS Now & Then.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I'm surprised they announced next months games so soon.

Yeah, that's more than two weeks in advance. They usually announce the day before the update goes live.

It's discouraging that since the price reduction, they've also drastically reduced the number of games that they add each month. Instead of 10 or more games like we used to get each month, we got only 4 in October, and 3 for each of November, December, and January. I understand that they want to bring more "big" games to the service, but less games means less variety, and less to anticipate each month.

One idea would be to alternate monthly updates between the "old" and the "new" release patterns. After they add 3 big games for January, they could do 10 or more smaller and varied games for February, then 3 or 4 for March, 10 or more for April, and so on.

In addition, Sony's PS Now team should also consider staggering their game releases periodically throughout the month, instead of dumping the whole shebang on the first Wednesday and then going to radio silence for the rest of the month. One reason why Xbox Game Pass gets more "hype" and "buzz" on forums like this is because they spread out their games, and update on a weekly basis. If PS Now wants to remain a topic of constant conversation, then they need to adopt a similar strategy. Sony could start this in January by releasing the three announced games at the beginning of the month, and then sprinkling on at least two or three more smaller games throughout the remainder of the month. It would be a pleasant surprise to subscribers, and attract people's attention as they anticipate "what's next" on the schedule.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's more than two weeks in advance. They usually announce the day before the update goes live.

It's discouraging that since the price reduction, they've also drastically reduced the number of games that they add each month. Instead of 10 or more games like we used to get each month, we got only 4 in October, and 3 for each of November, December, and January. I understand that they want to bring more "big" games to the service, but less games means less variety, and less to anticipate each month.

One idea would be to alternate monthly updates between the "old" and the "new" release patterns. After they add 3 big games for January, they could do 10 or more smaller and varied games for February, then 3 or 4 for March, 10 or more for April, and so on.

In addition, Sony's PS Now team should also consider staggering their game releases periodically throughout the month, instead of dumping the whole shebang on the first Wednesday and then going to radio silence for the rest of the month. One reason why Xbox Game Pass gets more "hype" and "buzz" on forums like this is because they spread out their games, and update on a weekly basis. If PS Now wants to remain a topic of constant conversation, then they need to adopt a similar strategy. Sony could start this in January by releasing the three announced games at the beginning of the month, and then sprinkling on at least two or three more smaller games throughout the remainder of the month. It would be a pleasant surprise to subscribers, and attract people's attention as they anticipate "what's next" on the schedule.

Yeah I'm on you with that , they should sprinkle much older titles in the library starting from ps1 would love to see MegaMan legends and the likes being added. Things like that would be a surprise for me.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Updated the thread with next months games.

QuYjLs8.jpg
Gp4vGLU.jpg
7xFqjek.jpg
ZrPgc4s.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn (includes The Frozen Wilds) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Overcooked! 2
Next month? Fuck. I just subbed for the free week because my gf wanted to play overcooked. Thought it wasn't available because my PSN is Spanish... Are the games supposed to be available on first of January?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so undecided on whether or not I want to subscribe... I feel like the period the games are available are way too short and I definitely don't have the time to finish them in the months they are available.

but I definitely want to game cheaper going forward because I just can't justify spending so much money on video games.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Do we know if this goes for the exits too?
Actually, just checked and it appears Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy are rotating in on Thursday January 2nd, so I guess Sony's making some changes there. Sorry for the mistake earlier.
And October's games (Uncharted 4, God of War, GTA5 and inFamous Second Son) are leaving that day as well.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Xbox gamer here.

When they put god of war on and dropped the price I subbed for the year. I was hopeful that they would add HZD, spiderman, and last of us PS4 version in that timeframe.those + god of war are the PS4 games I've really wanted to play this gen.

For 60$ I've beaten god of war, HZD is next. Hopefully they will do spiderman or last of us before my year is up and I'll be really happy.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Xbox gamer here.

When they put god of war on and dropped the price I subbed for the year. I was hopeful that they would add HZD, spiderman, and last of us PS4 version in that timeframe.those + god of war are the PS4 games I've really wanted to play this gen.

For 60$ I've beaten god of war, HZD is next. Hopefully they will do spiderman or last of us before my year is up and I'll be really happy.

Well the PS3 variant of TLOU is already on the service, but yeah I can see then putting the remastered PS4 version on there sometime before TLOU2 hits

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Still debating on paying for the service. Really think it's at a great price point but I also feel like I'll need to be in a rush to finish games.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Still debating on paying for the service. Really think it's at a great price point but I also feel like I'll need to be in a rush to finish games.

Regarding God of War, I was able to polish off the main story in about 5 or 6 weeks. I even went back and worked on a lot of the side quests, but haven't finished them all.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is going up shortly. As someone who bought that game a few years ago, I believe that even if you only invest 1-2 hours a week into the game, you should easily be able to play through the story before the game is removed.

The good news is that the overwhelming majority of the games are on PS Now "permanently". (They have yanked "permanent" games occasionally.) There are plenty of games, large scale as well as small scale, which have remained steadily on the service for several years.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding God of War, I was able to polish off the main story in about 5 or 6 weeks. I even went back and worked on a lot of the side quests, but haven't finished them all.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is going up shortly. As someone who bought that game a few years ago, I believe that even if you only invest 1-2 hours a week into the game, you should easily be able to play through the story before the game is removed.

The good news is that the overwhelming majority of the games are on PS Now "permanently". (They have yanked "permanent" games occasionally.) There are plenty of games, large scale as well as small scale, which have remained steadily on the service for several years.

are they going to add more permanent games though? Sometimes I wish they cycled every game rather than have permanents I guess, sort of like game pass.
I will probably end up subbing.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have much experience with PS Now on PC? I generally just use my PS4 for PS Now but with my wifi recently upgraded I figured I'd make use of it on my laptop. I am experiencing problems.

Not with how games run. That seems fine lag free and whatnot. But randomly I've had the app fuck up twice now. Firstly the visual randomly froze. The game was still playing sound going at the normal pace but the screen was frozen. I had to close the app and restart. And then just now all of a sudden the screen turned to funky colours while playing the game. Again, no lag and the visual quality didn't so much suffer like it would with a connection problem. It just all of a sudden made colours go out of whack.

I've never experienced anything like this on PS Now on PS4. Seems like issues with Now on PC rather than anything to do with my connection. I know what it's like when it's the internet connection causing an issue. This aint it.

Anyone else have problems with the PC app specifically?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I hope they add Days Gone soon. I want to check it out, but don't want to plunk down the cash for it.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Why do some games include all dlcs(Horizon Zero Dawn) and other don't(Bloodborne,Fallout4)
? Is it up to the publisher or it is on Sony's end?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Hi, guys. Anyone know if you can play the downloaded games offline? I can manage to get through some games in two months, but I would need to be able to play them where there is no access to the internet for part of the day. I can do that with Game Pass, so I hope that is the case with PSnow with the downloadable games.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Anyone have much experience with PS Now on PC? I generally just use my PS4 for PS Now but with my wifi recently upgraded I figured I'd make use of it on my laptop. I am experiencing problems.

Not with how games run. That seems fine lag free and whatnot. But randomly I've had the app fuck up twice now. Firstly the visual randomly froze. The game was still playing sound going at the normal pace but the screen was frozen. I had to close the app and restart. And then just now all of a sudden the screen turned to funky colours while playing the game. Again, no lag and the visual quality didn't so much suffer like it would with a connection problem. It just all of a sudden made colours go out of whack.

I've never experienced anything like this on PS Now on PS4. Seems like issues with Now on PC rather than anything to do with my connection. I know what it's like when it's the internet connection causing an issue. This aint it.

the PC app has been terrible. If you are having graphic artifacts it can be caused by the gpu attempting to upscale the stream. In the windows tray right click on the icon and go to settings and play around with the graphics settings.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
what I don't get s why complete editions are not updated , it is what I mean.
Sometimes publishers probably put the standard edition instead of the complete edition on the service to get some extra DLC sales. Get people hooked on the standard game in the hope of them purchasing the DLC once they're done with it. Kinda surprised Sony didn't do that with Horizon tbh, the DLC is excellent and I'm sure a good amount of people would have bought The Frozen Wilds.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

The PC client has some strange quirks. If the streaming performance seems like it's stuttering or slow to respond, then you can try pressing Alt+Tab a few times to cycle focus out of and back onto the game window. I often do this while the game initially loads, in an effort to preempt any such issues.

Another annoyance is that sometimes the game won't recognize that a controller is connected, even though the client itself recognizes the controller. This can be resolved simply by unplugging the controller from the USB port and then plugging it back in.

Sony should update this software to fix the bugs and streamline the interface. It would also be nice if they merged it with the Remote Play client, and tossed in PS Store access as well.

Oct 27, 2017
I got the week free trial of this and I downloaded a bunch of games the night before last. It's a lot better than when I last subbed a couple of years ago and being able to download games is a godsend. I have weird OCD about trophies though so I'm reticent to try too much if I don't think I'm going to play much, as I hate seeing 1% trophies on my list!

Anyway, I played a couple of games on streaming as well, and despite having a long wait for it to load I thought it worked quite well - again, much better than when I last played it a few years ago. Pretty impressed by this so far, although I don't have enough money for a full subscription at the moment.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
considering this thread already got bumped probably worth while to post this:

Seems like PSNow will expand to more regions this year.