• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Bioshock Remastered (permanent)
Bioshock 2 Remastered (permanent)
Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition (permanent)
Frostpunk (permanent)
Surviving Mars (permanent)
The Crew 2 (6 months)

The games are live in EU, I will edit OP when the blogpost is posted by Sony.

Deleted member 44122

nothing for me personally and my subscription ends in a few days anyway. hopefully the next months will be better again

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars is excellent but that increase in difficulty about 10-20 hours in was really annoying for me. I wonder if they fixed that.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Already own The Crew 2 and Bioshock Collection already was on PS+ (again the overlap between both services.... -_-......)
Frostpunk and Surviving Mars are games I'm definitely going to play though, so all in all a decent month.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing for me in the short-term, but I'm really curious about Surviving Mars and Frostpunk. I've never played an RTS on console, so that'll definitely be interesting.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I could've sworn I read something about a (small) PS5 upgrade for The Crew 2, but I can't find anything about it.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
While some games are good the overlap between plus and now freaking sucks.

Like wow it's great that the game that was free is now permanent woo!

If anything it should at least be the other way around, now then plus.

I was hoping for something big for January to signal Now was going to get a much needed adrenaline shot.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars is excellent. Can never recommend it enough. As challenging as you want it to be, a bit complex but also with a super atmosphere and a banger soundtrack. Don't miss out on the DLCs, too (especially Marsvision).

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
The PS4 versions of the Bioshock games being added means that the whole series is available on PS Now twice, since it'll join the PS3 versions of the games that were already on PS Now. Sony have been pretty slow about adding PS4 versions of games that already have PS3 versions on Now, so hopefully this means a bit more movement on that.

Already own The Crew 2 and Bioshock Collection already was on PS+ (again the overlap between both services.... -_-......)
An overlap on Now isn't too bad, at the very least it means that the game is now streamable, so even for people who have it already, that's a new way that they can play it. How much that means will vary by subscriber, but it's not like Plus where if a game appears and you have it already, it adds nothing.

Nothing for me in the short-term, but I'm really curious about Surviving Mars and Frostpunk. I've never played an RTS on console, so that'll definitely be interesting.
Surviving Mars pretty much nails the controls, and didn't seem to have any really serious performance issues even on base PS4. It's implemented well enough on consoles that there's nothing really interesting about that part - it kind of just works. The game itself is interesting enough in its own right though, on any system.

I could've sworn I read something about a (small) PS5 upgrade for The Crew 2, but I can't find anything about it.
When Ubisoft published that weird story on PS5 backwards compatibility they mentioned The Crew 2 as having save progression that worked from PS4 to PS5, which is pretty much a system-level feature but Ubisoft have their own save system now so I guess that's why they thought it was relevant. Perhaps that's what you saw. From doing a little bit of checking, the most recent update seems to be this one from three weeks ago on the Ubisoft forums, saying that there's no news on upgrades for the newer systems.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars pretty much nails the controls, and didn't seem to have any really serious performance issues even on base PS4. It's implemented well enough on consoles that there's nothing really interesting about that part - it kind of just works. The game itself is interesting enough in its own right though, on any system.

Yup, i'd like to echo that. For the amount of menus, info etc. in Surviving Mars the controls are surprisingly chill and well implemented. Camera control is a breeze. This is from the Tropico 5 devs, they have a lot of experience in RTS/Builders on consoles now.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Do Surving Mars and Frostpunk have multiplayer?

edit: seemingly not. I'll stick to Civ VI with my brother weekly then and enjoy these on my own. 🙂

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This was the month where I was gonna re-up my sub if it was decent. Got some PSN credit from Christmas.

Guess not. Already got the Bioshock Collection from PS+ so the entirety of January for me is Surviving Mars, Frostpunk and The Crew 2 for a limited time of 6 months. The Crew 2 is currently £7.99 on PSN. Why is that, of all games, time limited for six months...

The overlap of PS+ and PS Now games is getting a little silly.

Do Surving Mars and Frostpunk have multiplayer?

edit: seemingly not. I'll stick to Civ VI with my brother weekly then and enjoy these on my own. 🙂

Frostpunk is phenomenal. Super grim and bleak so go into it knowing that but it's an amazing game.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It's been a while that I wanted to try The Crew 2, but we just got Wreckfest that is for sure a better game. Anyway, I am glad PSNow constantly adds racing games, a genre I enjoy a lot. Weird that it is for 6 months only lol, game is super cheap every other month.

I wanted to try Frostpunk and my PC is too weak for it, so PS4 it is! Had fun with Tropico and Cities Skylines playing with a controller so that should be fine.

Now the real thing that keeps bothering us is the overlap between PSNow and PS+, this sucks so much. This month we got on PS+ games that were on PSNow and on PSNow the min game(s) is Bioshock that was on PS+ before...

Anyway, I have 30 days to catch up with my PSNow content: 3 missions to go in Hitman 2 and just started playing Dead Cells (seems amazing!), both leave in 30 days. Then there is FF15 leaving in 60 days. I am honestly a bit glad this month kinda sucked so I dont need to rush again (I just rushed Days Gone in 7-10 days before it left the service).

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
With this month's PlayStation Now releases, race across the United States by land, sea or air, help a city survive – and grow – in the middle of a new ice age, or leave Earth entirely and attempt to colonise a hostile planet. These new additions to the PS Now lineup are available from today, Tuesday January 5 for all subscribers, joining hundreds of other titles ready to play instantly.
FI.jpg

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/05/the-crew-2-headlines-playstation-nows-january-lineup/

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Hopefully it's the complete edition of Surviving Mars that includes the Green Planet expansion. That expansion added so much more playability to the game that I put 100+ hours in the PC version.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone started Survivin Mars through a PS Now download? Does it lock you out of buying the First Colony Edition?

I want to try it, and if I like it buy that version, as it is the cheapest way to get all DLC, but if it locks me out I'll have to try the streaming version or play at a friend.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Are they even trying?

I'll probably try The Crew 2 if I find the time... but it's a marquee title? Come on. It's a basic title man.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Did you have more fun with it than skylines or tropico?

Tropico is still the goat for me, even over sim city.
Honestly, I do have more fun, because there's a survival element to it that the others just don't have. But again, that's mainly with the Green Planet expansion that allows you to terraform. It adds so much more to the game.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I see that they added the standalone Bioshock games, not the collection itself. Will my save games from the collection work with them? I have the Collection but it installs the first 2 games in a single 'game', and I'd rather install only the first one to save disc space.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
PS Now has permanent 3rd Party games that will never leave the service?

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, I literally just bought Bioshock collection via Jan sale. Was supppper cheap but still, kinda annoying XD

First time playing Bioshock series.