• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Played a bit of everything for almost 2 hours this evening, and except for two 1 second stutters,the experience was flawless, tried VF5, MKX and Shatter to check latency and was almost indistinguishable from local gameplay. Then tried Motorstorm, that played great, and a bit of KZ:SF that also felt perfect (hadn't played it before so can't really compare with this one).
I'm genuinely surprised, i expected at least a little latency, especially when playing fighting games or Shatter, but i couldn't notice it. If the beta is any indication on future performance, people can really consider psnow a serious contender as a streaming service (many people say it plays bad, but it doesn't, really)
They should allow a streaming option for ps plus games if confident enough to make non believers change their mind.
As for the service, catalog is okay, nothing mind-blowing, some great games i already played, so not for me right now, but it really will depend on pricing. It has potential though and it really seems Sony has been doing their homework and is slowly putting everything ready for ps5 here.
Btw, games you played (streaming)are automatically added to PS4 menu as if you owned them, so it is quite convenient , since you do not need to go to psnow and search for them to play again.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Besides Prey, I noticed that God Eater is also missing from the Spanish game selection. Is anyone in another EU country also missing these games?

... I really wanted to try these two games :(

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
Are they planning to remove the stupid requirement of having to register online with the servers once a week? Make it a month at least Sony.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I have a slower 20/2MB line, using wifi and I'm guessing I'm at least 500km from the nearest server hub (Oslo) , more likely 1000km (Stockholm). This is serviceable and most pleasingly it is rock stable with no drop outs. Latency is a bit too much for 60fps shooter (Metro) and fighters (Mortal Kombat) but many genres should work just fine. Upgrading to Fiber and wired soon enough.

My other point of comparison was GeForce Now over wifi with 700MB fiber (and ~350km distance to server hub, Paris). Service had some hoops to set up due to PC nature but was streamlined enough once in place. Fortnite on that service felt more responsive than Metro on PS Now but still slightly too much for me.

I have a more fundamental problem with these services personally in that on a good year I only play around a dozen games and finish/master about a handful.
A Netflix model of games is way overkill and they lack a good portion of new releases I'm interested in.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I have a slower 20/2MB line, using wifi and I'm guessing I'm at least 500km from the nearest server hub (Oslo) , more likely 1000km (Stockholm). This is serviceable and most pleasingly it is rock stable with no drop outs. Latency is a bit too much for 60fps shooter (Metro) and fighters (Mortal Kombat) but many genres should work just fine. Upgrading to Fiber and wired soon enough.

My other point of comparison was GeForce Now over wifi with 700MB fiber (and ~350km distance to server hub, Paris). Service had some hoops to set up due to PC nature but was streamlined enough once in place. Fortnite on that service felt more responsive than Metro on PS Now but still slightly too much for me.

I have a more fundamental problem with these services personally in that on a good year I only play around a dozen games and finish/master about a handful.
A Netflix model of games is way overkill and they lack a good portion of new releases I'm interested in.
I think in the end distance to servers and each user set up (wired,wifi etc) is the key to latency. So it will be very variable. But i expected an abysmal experience after trying Fornite on GeforceNow, using the same 100/100 fiber connection, and by reading some people here... But i am extremely surprised on how well is working for me. I've tried quite a few games, always streaming, and only have found a frame lost occasionally and maybe a bit of compression artifacts 2 or 3 times.
So if the conditions are there, this works.
Not sure if ready to be widely absolt though.
I think to make it more appealing sony could put their 3-4 years old first party games. At least games seem to stay instead of being there only for a certain period of time if not mistaken

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Sony's just ramping up for PS5. The writing is on the wall, PS5 will play PS4 games, and PS Now with the installs is going to be a huge part of that. This is where Sony is going to look to make money next generation, and I expect them to offer bundles of PS Now & PS Plus together.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Not in the beta yet :(
I did get an email from Playstation but it was for the Days Gone wedding thing lol

Hopefully it will just release in Norway soon.

Edit: did you guys just get the emails?
It might still be sending out.. I did get the Dreams beta after all..

Dec 15, 2017
South America is Sony Land. When is it coming to Argentina? You could pack a turd with a Sony logo and it would sell like crazy around here, I mean it happened it the past (Muteki, Vaio and the like)