• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is, without a doubt, one of the largest video game developers in the world. The PS4 is the most popular video game console in the world, and everyone knows it. Despite this, Sony doesn't have highly recognizable game characters. Nintendo has a plethora of characters (from Mario to Pikachu to Link), and even Master Chief amongst others at Microsoft are highly known in the public eye.

Battle Royales cannot be stopped. Sometimes I feel like the only threads I write are about Battle Royales. Wouldn't it make so much sense for Sony to create a Battle Royale with its most important All Star characters? Sony could easily enlist one of its developers to create a fun, free to play Battle Royale. Hero-based games are becoming more and more popular (Apex Legends, Rainbow Six: Siege, League Of Legends). Kratos, Cloud, Snake, Sack boy, Ellie, Drake, Sora, Donald, and Goofy, Leon, the Bloodborne hunter, Dante, the motorcycle from Days Gone, and many more Sony All Stars could all come together to duke it out in Gaming's most popular genre.

I even designed a logo and name for it:
jYKiEd6.png

I really hope Sony makes a game like this: I know that I would rush to buy the battle pass for this game. Sony deserves my $10. Why can't they just make this game and let me give them my hard earned cash?

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if a traditional fighter featuring playstation characters actually works, not like smash, but in the veins of Fighterz and Blazblue

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With a logo like that, I can't disagree. Hire this man, Sony.

OP
OP
TheDanimal

TheDanimal

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if a traditional fighter featuring playstation characters actually works, not like smash, but in the veins of Fighterz and Blazblue
Why would you want a fighter? We need a Battle Royale. Nobody puts money into fighters in 2019.

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
They would really have to dig into that classic lineup to get me interested. Playing as regular humans like so many of their games are now, really wouldn't interest me. I'd just take another Twisted Metal at that point if you were going to do a battle royale.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Disney ain't gonna lend Sora and co. for a battle royale. They shut down SE's suggestion of putting Sora in Dissidia.

Deltoid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
sony made something similar enough and it flopped, there aren't enough sony characters people care about.

what would be a lot cooler is a multiplatform title. not sure battel royale is the way to go, but whatever. it would be difficult to co-ordinate but it would be really great, you could even throw in some console exclusive dlc characters and battle them out with cross play (presuming sony decide to open up eventually...)

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Only if it plays like Power Stone. It can still be "Battle Royale" in game modes, just with Power Stone fighting mechanics.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
You literally state yourself they don't have very many recognizable characters, then you suggest them to make a game where they would have to fill a list of 100? Anyway I'd say they probably shouldn't bother. The big parts of these games from where I'm looking anyway is that they're free, and they're available on a plethora of platforms. I can't imagine one that just works on one console would ever be able to match up to Fortnite, PUBG and the legions of copycats on the way.

OP
OP
TheDanimal

TheDanimal

Oct 25, 2017
You literally state yourself they don't have very many recognizable characters, then you suggest them to make a game where they would have to fill a list of 100? Anyway I'd say they probably shouldn't bother. The big parts of these games from where I'm looking anyway is that they're free, and they're available on a plethora of platforms. I can't imagine one that just works on one console would ever be able to match up to Fortnite, PUBG and the legions of copycats on the way.
Is playing as the motorcycle from Days Gone not a system seller for you or

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
How about a third person arena fighter?

I know nobody likes those games on a mechanics level but those anime arena fighters had always been the easiest to grasp. If they can make the mechanics go deeper but maintain its approachability, It should stand on its own without being compared to smash.

Sony games are mostly third person already so I think this can work.

OP
OP
TheDanimal

TheDanimal

Oct 25, 2017
How about a third person arena fighter?

I know nobody likes those games on a mechanics level but those anime arena fighters had always been the easiest to grasp. If they can make the mechanics go deeper but maintain its approachability, It should stand on its own without being compared to smash.

Sony games are mostly third person already so I think this can work.
Third person arena Battle Royale, I agree

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
A battle royal game that wasn't an fps (or shooter in general) would be neat. Not sure how that would work but yea ..

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I knew exactly where this thread was going just from the title. Since you willed Tetris 99 into existence who am I to say no to this idea. Do it, Sony. Nice logo, btw.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic / Quest for glory
aka
An adventure game with strong RPG elements and character class specific gameplay. always interested of First person melee

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Sony hire this man! Great title and logo, why did PlayStation not think of this before...

Deleted member 24450

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am a huge PlayStation fan, yet I care about none of their characters outside of their respective games and universes.
If they can copy the Smash gameplay experience exactly then maybe that will pose as a fun game, but Smash already exists.
Even though I don't play all the Nintendo games, their characters have more universal appeal and personality.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
So, you say Sony needs a battle Royale, and then you name a bunch of third party IP characters? Dante, Solid Snake, Cloud, Sora, why not have them in a battle Royale, sure, but why limit it's potential by going for Sony exclusivity? It didn't work for their Smash clone, and it wouldn't work here. By all means, make a cross IP battle Royale, but multi platform would work best, perhaps with console exclusive first party characters and cross play. Imagine playing a battle Royale with friends across multiple platforms with platform unique content, you could have Master Chief, Nathan Drake, Samus, Gordon Freeman, Dante, Solid Snake, Link, Daniel Fortesque, Doom Slayer, and Conker all battling it out for supremacy through cross play. Now that'd be quite a game.