• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
This is not a good look. When Microsoft new console is backward compatible to all previous generations. Hopefully it's not true.

That's quite unfair to PS5 really. 3 completely different architectures. I also want BC but...who knows. We still have 3 hours to go and have no idea about...anything. Let's wait.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
For me even if the actual "flops" are important, is the amount of features that MS has introduced with XSX that will maybe make me buy one instead of a PS5.

If it turns out the PS5 does not offer such features and its also weaker then XSX it is.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Predictions :

1. Less powerful than XSX but not by much...close to the difference between launch PS4 and XBO. Sony will go for a 1 console strategy, at $500. XSX will be $600...potentially subsidized with gamepass or live. Later they will launch XSS at $400.
  2. Presentation will be very dry, developer centric tech-speak...not meant to be a flashy consumer facing presentation...do not confuse this with the primary console reveal.
  3. No news on game lineups, that will all be saved for a 90m state of play down the line. I think we will get two of those before the year is out...assuming the console doesn't slip into 2021.
  4. Excellent Cerny gifs are garnered from this video.
No way in hell Xbox will sell their console for 600 lol, unless they have a drastically cheaper variant day one. That thing would bomb harder than what the X1 was going before they went back on everything.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Microsoft going above and beyond in what they're delivering for XSX has completely fucked with peoples expectations for the PS5.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Just out of curiosity, what gave you even the slightest hope that we'd be getting proper PS1-PS3 BC? Sony's god awful support for the PS2 games on PS4 program?
All the rumors over the last year or so from game jorunalists and other sources alike?
I mean, Giantbomb has been talking like it's basically a foregone conclusion for a while now.
I was just hoping it'd be true because BC is something a care a lot about.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the measurement of teraflops kind of arbitrary? Like it's just raw computing power. Wouldn't things like clock speeds and bandwidths also factor in?

I could see cerny making the case as to why these little things the PS5 does matters to development. Like in reality how much of a difference would one or 2 teraflops truly make?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Everyone is going to feel stupid IF ps5 has better specs lol
I'm not going to say if it's better or not because everything we've heard are rumours.

But we're all going to be wowed by the games and graphics no matter what.

Oct 1, 2019
Weaker console, no PS1-PS3 backwards compatibility. I don't think I'll watch the livestream. I just can't take another disappointment today.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Coming back here post-lunch break after Jason's tweets be like:
giphy.gif

He kept quiet all this time, he could have waited a few more hours.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The PS4 wasn't backwards compatible whilst the X1 was, yet one sold over 100m whilst the other barely reached 50m. Maybe it's not as a big a deal as some of you think?

Yes but Microsoft screwed up the launch of the X1 and compatibility wasn't introduced at first. Not the same and backward compatibility IS important to early adopters. I'm not saying they'll lose because of it but that is one more thing Microsoft got right with Series X.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh boy... ppl saying they're jumping ships because of TFs are insane. XSX is an impressive piece of tech not to say a monster, but this will come at a cost. I couldn't care less about PS5 being less powerful even if it's 9 TF. Multiplatform devs will target the lowest specs anyway with just slightly enhancements for more powerful systems. This was always the case anyway. At this point I'm more excited for what Sony has in store to enhance the experience (adaptive triggers etc.) and, of course, the games. Sony's line-up ever since was stellar even late into a generation whether it was God of War II, The Last of Us or nowadays TLoUII and Ghost of Tsushima.

The next generation will be spectacular not only in terms of hardware, but also software. Microsoft's studio acquisitions will deliver results earliest with XSX and Hellblade II as well as Halo Infinite already look very promising. I can't even imagine what Sony Worldwide Studios will pull off. We as customers and gamers are in for a huge treat. So please stop whining and debating about Tflops or even switching platforms just because of them...

I'll start with PS5 into the next-gen and I just hope at this point that it won't be that expensive and that it will come with some great launch titles. Full PS back compat would be awesome and I hope Sony will deliver. If not at the start of the gen then maybe sometimes afterwards. I just want to play my PS1/PS2/PS3 classics which maybe never get a official rerelease. Sony has to do something because there is just no other legal way to play those games nowadays.

Strajack

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 16, 2020
No way in hell Xbox will sell their console for 600 lol, unless they have a drastically cheaper variant day one. That thing would bomb harder than what the X1 was going before they went back on everything.

I think they are going to try to flank Sony on both sides w/ price.

"If you want to play Madden / Call of Duty, we have XSS at $400, cheaper than a PS5"

"If you don't have a PC and are an enthusiast, then we have XSX at $600, and it's faster than PS5"

Their mistake of course being...who the hell is enthusiast enough to buy a $600 console that isn't just going to buy a PC. ESPECIALLY if all the games come to both!

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes but Microsoft screwed up the launch of the X1 and compatibility wasn't introduced at first. Not the same and backward compatibility IS important to early adopters. I'm not saying they'll lose because of it but that is one more thing Microsoft got right with Series X.
It will be backwards compatible with PS4. Sony has already confirmed it. I don't think not having PS1-PS3 BC will hurt it that much

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Prediction: Jason has no clue.

For real tho. Not everything he said is set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.