• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Like someone said above, with what the Sony studios have been able to accomplish with 1.8 TF and a 5400 RPM HDD, even 8-9 TF with an SSD is going to be insane. There's zero reason to be disappointed about next-gen no matter what at this point.
I agree. And with a low tf probably they will target a lower price.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
kotaku.com

Game Dev Claims PS4 Is More Powerful, But Microsoft Pushes Back

The next-gen console war is getting more and more entertaining every day. As developers and executives publicly argue about the differences between the upcoming PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, it's time to take out the popcorn and enjoy it.

And the console war wages on. Which system is more powerful? Lord knows I don't care, and unless you're making games for one of these platforms, you probably shouldn't care either: the system worth your money will be the one with the games and features you want most.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Interesting that Jason confirms a livestream. I thought it would be pre-recorded.

I wonder if we get to hear what the unannounced features are that Jim Ryan talked about?

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Like someone said above, with what the Sony studios have been able to accomplish with 1.8 TF and a 5400 RPM HDD, even 8-9 TF with an SSD is going to be insane. There's zero reason to be disappointed about next-gen no matter what at this point.

yes, HUGE jump, there's also double RAM.

but we can't get excited anymore w/o getting called hypocritical.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

kjJuMsn.gif

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
if the difference is really 9 to 12, i am switching to xbox . that is too big for me in multi platform games for me to ignore.

both first party have their own good games

Strajack

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 16, 2020
Predictions :

1. Less powerful than XSX but not by much...close to the difference between launch PS4 and XBO. Sony will go for a 1 console strategy, at $500. XSX will be $600...potentially subsidized with gamepass or live. Later they will launch XSS at $400.
  2. Presentation will be very dry, developer centric tech-speak...not meant to be a flashy consumer facing presentation...do not confuse this with the primary console reveal.
  3. No news on game lineups, that will all be saved for a 90m state of play down the line. I think we will get two of those before the year is out...assuming the console doesn't slip into 2021.
  4. Excellent Cerny gifs are garnered from this video.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
^this
Just look at the order 1886 .. still one of the best looking games on PS4.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nooooo!
This was seriously the most exciting part of the PS5 for me. Slightly prettier visuals isn't something I care a lot about, but being able to play all of the old playstation consoles on one box, especially PS3, would be amazing.
Just out of curiosity, what gave you even the slightest hope that we'd be getting proper PS1-PS3 BC? Sony's god awful support for the PS2 games on PS4 program?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I know TF don't really matter. But if it's 9 vs 12 there is inevitable disappointment and a little 'what if' when you look at games coming for it. That'll pass quickly I hope though

this gen more than others is about the SSD and access speeds - almost back to cartridges only this time they're 100GB

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont expect PS5 to beat Xbox but if they can make the gap narrower for a cheaper system that would be fine with me.

That being said it's going to force me to own all 3 systems again if sony is significantly weaker.

Kanethered

May 29, 2019
11~12tflops would be ok. 10tf is a bit disappointment but I can take that, just hope it less expense than XsX.
9tf? fuck that.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, HUGE jump, there's also double RAM.

but we can't get excited anymore w/o getting called hypocritical.

Xbox One was also a huge jump, now these days can't run some high profile games over 720p.

When people saw PS4 was more powerful, they didn't went:'what matters is the games', they were ecstatic about it. Let's not fool ourselves.

People has always cared about console power. This is not aimed at you, just a general remark.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always end up buying both Sony and Microsoft's consoles. However, I feel that GPU performance is important. I went PS4 > PS4 Pro > Xbox One X. Was a good order. I hope that Sony does some BC with PS3 and PS4 games because I would hate to keep 3 Sony consoles plugged in. XSX seems to be pushing the bar, with BC, so I hope Sony can at least come close.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been so impressed with the design, both physically and architecturally of the Xbox Series X. But, with my gaming habits being focused on PC first and PS4 for exclusives, I can't help but feel more excited and anxious to learn more about the PS5 because, in my position, it seems like it's something I inevitably have to buy, whereas my PC covers me for the Xbox games, and even though just looking at it makes me want one so bad, it's not practical for me to do so, like the PS5 would be.

I think it's a well designed system in terms of performance, cooling etc, but it's simply not practically designed. For me its design is actually a massive nuisance, since not only is it too big to fit in my entertainment system, but yesterday I found out it doesn't have an optical port either, so now I'm going to have to hook up a HDMI to Optical splitter, which supposedly can cause other issues with 4K/HDR depending on the set up. Hopefully Sony opts for a traditional design and also retains an optical port.

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't think widespread demand is there for PS1 or PS2 games on PS5. Personally I'm happy enough with PS4 backwards compatibility but that's me.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
I'm still in the camp that it will be close to the performance of the series x. If this is recorded then why put it out so close to the series x info dump? Just makes you look bad unless they can announce a price that's significantly cheaper than the series x.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I sincerely will never get these types of console battles. Numbers or loyalty don't matter over the games they can deliver.

I am excited for both and will get the whole fleet at some point because no matter how many TF PS5 has vs the X I will be able to play the next God of War, the next Horizon Zero Dawn, the next and all the awesome 1st party title of both Sony and MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.