• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
My god...i actually hope Sony doesn't say the word teraflops on that video and they just talk about functionality, what's gonna offer, and some specs and that's it.
The word teraflops is just an excuse to fuel stanwars with people that don't know what that even means lol.
Not saying it would do more to fuel what you wish it wouldn't furl. It would 100 times worse lol.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Does this mean PS5 might even be playable in the next few weeks? https://nl.letsgodigital.org/spelcomputers-games/sony-playstation-5-game-experience/

ps5-game-museum-770x535.jpg
considering the logo obviously being fan made and the fact that the controller is ripped from lets go digital's render of the DS5, i am not sure about this.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I have to be honest, I dont get why they're going ahead with this. How will they be produced? Where will anyone buy one? How will they be shipped? How will developers make games for them? Where will people get the money to buy them?

It feels pointless to announce it when none of that can be answered.
Your expectations are in the wrong place. This isn't the place where all of that is answered, it's a workaround since GDC was canned.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope they don't do this. They shouldn't tempt people to go there. A LOT of people would go there and spread the virus. Especially YOUNG adults are the main spreader of the virus.

I cant imagine what Hoo-Doo thinks about this. Crazy if they are planning public demos right now.

Just realised Ive been completely dooped by fake news lol!

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I have to be honest, I dont get why they're going ahead with this. How will they be produced? Where will anyone buy one? How will they be shipped? How will developers make games for them? Where will people get the money to buy them?

China is already much better now and production will happen unless cases start increasing again over there. By October, November i'm sure people will be able to go out and buy stuff. Imagine Thanks Giving, Black Friday, etc if this isn't sorted out.
The only thing i agree with is game development (that's happening right now) will suffer delays for sure.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I don't expect to see the system design, price, or games. I think this is purely going to be a tech breakdown. I think an e3 timed event will show games, the console, and price (if MS has already announced price).

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Dont forget its a tech breakdown, dont expect console reveal or even games. You'll get the spec and maybe some small tech demos but thats it

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this going to be a YouTube live stream? Press release? Prerecorded video? Anyone know yet?

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
That pretty much confirms that PS5 will be less than 12 TF GPU since Eurogamer would already know and Tom from Eurogamer believed it to be less powerful.If less I wonder by how much?

I'm sure they got that more recently. Sony wouldn't give away that info 3 or 4 days in advance.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
Nokia failed the change to smartphones. I can see Sony losing a lot of ground when expensive home consoles are out of date and we see the change to streaming.

I don't see that happening now. These consoles are releasing at roughly the same time, with roughly the same specs and probably around the same price. But never say aldrig ;)

exakt! Man skall aldrig kasta glas i stenhus heller 😎

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'll do my random prediction too!

CPU - 8C/16T @3.4Ghz.
GPU - 36CU @2Ghz (9.2TF).
Memory - 16Gbps GDDR6, x8 2GB chips, 16GB in total on a 256-bit bus (512GB/s).
SSD - 1TB @4.5GB/s.
RT - the same solution as MS, so basically AMD's RDNA2.

May I crush&burn and we will get a 13TF PS5.
It would be very interesting to see what these specs would mean for multiplatform games. The effects of GPU that is a bit weaker and a slightly lower clocked CPU are obvious, but going for a consistent RAM speed that is lower than the "GPU Optimized RAM" in the XSX, but much faster than the rest of the RAM in that machine and an SSD that is nearly twice as fast. Can any Smarter people than me guess what this would mean? Lower resolution with some games having minor drops in CPU intensive scenes compared to XSX, but much loading is as best as I can guess for the SSD, but I have no idea how the RAM difference would affect things. Would the faster SSD mean much in multiplatform games outside of shaving a few seconds off of load times? I can't imagine any multiplats building anything around the speed of the PS5's SSD in terms of how fast it can stream assets in, though first party games are obviously a completely different beast. Am I missing something that the faster SSD would mean for for multiplats?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
China is already much better now and production will happen unless cases start increasing again over there. By October, November i'm sure people will be able to go out and buy stuff. Imagine Thanks Giving, Black Friday, etc if this isn't sorted out.
The only thing i agree with is game development (that's happening right now) will suffer delays for sure.
I really hope that holds true man. I dont think my sanity will hold out the year lol. You're right about devs though. Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if many leave to work on the many new online systems that will be needed
Your expectations are in the wrong place. This isn't the place where all of that is answered, it's a workaround since GDC was canned.
Yeah that's fair enough. I guess I'm just struggling to see what function these products will serve anymore because I'm thinking more in the case of constant lockdowns while we hope for a vaccine

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

That's a dumb attitude.

I'm in the middle of a hot zone. People I know have the virus. I'm waiting for test team to call back about my test and I'm stuck in isolation.

Everything has to get back to normal at some point and it's nice to have something to look forward to. There's plenty that can be done without putting people at further risk.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Hehe. Just were told to work from home beginning today.

It would be _hilarious_ if we didn't get specs and just more talk about other things.

Well, a family member has come home ill with a high temperature. So there it is :D

Phoning my driving instuctor who I just had a two hour lesson with was a bit awkward.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I just want two devices, one for the price and another for the specs
I'd love a disc-less SKU but that's not gonna happen

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Guessing around 10-11 TF.

But I am more interested in the features. PS4 BC should be a given but if they somehow include PS3 BC I'll be surprised.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm if that's the case then looks like PS5 might be weaker after all. Eurogamer will definitely be one of the publications who will get an invite and one of their top journalists believes its weaker than the XSX. Plot thickens
We now know that the XSX has a relative low RAM improvements over last gen. If the PS5 has more RAM available it could tilt the scales on its favor.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a dumb attitude.

I'm in the middle of a hot zone. People I know have the virus. I'm waiting for test team to call back about my test and I'm stuck in isolation.

Everything has to get back to normal at some point and it's nice to have something to look forward to. There's plenty that can be done without putting people at further risk.

It might be more a personal concern due to different approaches, but by the looks of it the UK where I'm living will be taking an approach that will be constant lockdowns until a vaccine comes round. Hence for us it seems pointless to attempt any product launch here. I guess I'd assumed the rest of the world were using the same strategy.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but not like this.

This makes absolutely zero sense, and it would get murdered left and right and get all people involved fired.

People said the same about the Wii or even the Switch. Disrupting the market is risky, but I don't think anyone can claim with 100% confidence that it would be a failure. It certainly could be, but after the Wii, I can believe something like this could be a hit.

Is not like I would be behind it, but it certainly would be way more exciting than something very similar to MS and to the last gen, as it seems to be the case.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
In this day and age with dynamic resolutions, temporal upscaling, and temporal AA, I don't think raw TFLOP numbers will make that big of a difference overall. 12TF vs. 10-11TF isn't going to be a night and day difference in any observable way, imho.

That being said, I'd like the baseline for next-gen to be as high as possible. Not long now until we get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.