• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Ok, so there's 9TF and 11/13 TF camp right?

But being very honest, very very honest, would anyone in whatever camp be disappointed if Sony does announce 9TF? Maybe to a point of saying they fucked up?

Honestly?

IMO, I'd be disappointed because I want both consoles to be practically the same, so games don't take a hit in either side. This way, the focus would be on the game itself, and not the technical side of it. However, we all know exclusives will never disappoint, and I hope Microsoft shows us must have exclusives too.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I know Shinobi said this wont be a games reveal but like they could still teaser 1 or 2 games correct? Maybe Demon's Souls Ultimate Edition will make its debut here to get the hype machine to the nth degree and get it set up for the next meeting for the games, console and price reveal.

Omg I cannot wait. It's been such a painful journey with Sony being silent. Its gonna be real nice to get some details.

Why would they tease/reveal games at a conference aimed at developers? This is Cerny's GDC talk.

Seriously, some of you really need to rein it in or you're going to be disappointed that stuff that would be completely out of place in the context of what this talk is, isn't in it.

If you do see glimpses of new games, it will be to visualise something Cerny's talking about in the technology.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

But being very honest, very very honest, would anyone in whatever camp be disappointed if Sony does announce 9TF? Maybe to a point of saying they fucked up?

Honestly?

IMO, I'd be disappointed because I want both consoles to be practically the same, so games don't take a hit in either side. This way, the focus would be on the game itself, and not the technical side of it. However, we all know exclusives will never disappoint, and I hope Microsoft shows us must have exclusives too.

I would probably cave in the end but it would certainly get me to hesitate and think twice about getting an Xbox. But once I started seeing the sony first party games I would probably fall in line.

Last edited:

SPDIF

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a VS thread. Just because I responded a false claim you made doesn't mean I'm going to keep it going in this thread as if this nonsense should even have a place here. This isn't a VS thread, and I'd rather not plague our first official PS5 news thread in awhile with this stuff. If you haven't noticed these things, it's because you didn't want to. I'll leave it at that.
So up until this point you've been happy to reply to me, but this is where you draw the line? The second I ask for some Xbox examples that you've apparently been keeping notice of? You're the same person that actually took offence at the fact that a MS job listing was posted in the PlayStation Manchester studio closure thread aren't you? So no surprise there.

I see that I've basically been wasting my time talking about PS fanboyism with a PS fanboy it seems.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And if they are, they'll be on PC where you have a lot more control.
True.

So up until this point you've been happy to reply to me, but this is where you draw the line? The second I ask for some Xbox examples that you've apparently been keeping notice of? You're the same person that actually took offence at the fact that a MS job listing was posted in the PlayStation Manchester studio closure thread aren't you? So no surprise there.

I see that I've basically been wasting my time talking about PS fanboyism with a PS fanboy it seems.
Somebody already replied to you with an example. It's clear you don't want to acknowledge any of it, so you're right in that there's no point in wasting time, so ignored. Find another thread to derail. It's not hard to see what you're doing.

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember when Demons Souls was announced in Famitsu along with a couple of screenshots - on an old forum I used to post on I made a thread about it and everyone laughed saying it would be another mediocre FROM game. How times have changed.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
So I'll be hopefully finished taking a Neuro quiz from home. Maybe I can watch it during the lecture.....

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Honestly?

I'd be disappointed but wouldn't say they fucked up if they price it accordingly.

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly?

Yes.

SPDIF

Oct 27, 2017
No shit dude it's called sarcasm. It's almost like you didnt understand what you read.
Yes, I know you were using sarcasm in your reply, it wasn't exactly hard to tell. My point was you were literally stating the exact same thing that people were already talking about for some reason.

The discussion people were having: 'There are more PS players, therefore there's going to be more PS fans on forums.'
You: It's simple, whomever has the higher install base has more fans interested in their platform on message boards. Shocking correlation, I know.

Hence my reply to you and my confusion as to why you're trying to use sarcasm for no reason.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Expecting

-console and controller form factor,

-no actual tech specs but loose tech talk aka next gen SSD, Custom Built AMD GPU/APU.

-tech demos of loading times, ray tracing, rasterizing 50000000 ducks at a time. Possibly some first party games shown in PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5 mode.

-a look at the alexa style UI integration and limited look at the UI, minimal changes over PS4 design

-some quick trailers of 3 to 4 games. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bluepoint's project as mentioned already, Godfall, GT ?

- bc for playstation 1, 2, and 4 shown off and takes up decent amount of time.

Overall I think the people going into it expecting to be shocked are going to leave disappointed, those expecting Sony to provide the spec sheet will likely be as well. Those of us that just want to see the damn thing already will be satisfied.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly?

I'd still day one it. I expect at least a couple first party games that truly show that generational leap at launch. Couple that with whatever 3rd parties are doing and I should be satisfied. If it is 9.2 somehow then it is what it is. Between reconstruction techniques, way better CPU and a fast SSD it'll be fine. Especially for Sony first party that only has to worry about a single SKU. They'll make that thang sang.

But like most people that have been following the next gen talk I'm expecting at least 12tf but I'm firmly on #Team13TF. The 9.2 folks were outnumbered but they talked often which in turn made a lot of posters respond leading to a lot of back and forth. It certainly dominated discussion for the better part of several next gen speculation threads.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If PS5 is only 9tf, we'll be seeing some games tomorrow to show how good games can look even with 9tf. Can you imagine ND or GG games with 9tf power

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They will show games for sure, probably short tech demos

I am guessing Gran Turismo with ray tracing (since they already implemented it ages ago)

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Expecting

-console and controller form factor,

-no actual tech specs but loose tech talk aka next gen SSD, Custom Built AMD GPU/APU.

-tech demos of loading times, ray tracing, rasterizing 50000000 ducks at a time. Possibly some first party games shown in PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5 mode.

-a look at the alexa style UI integration and limited look at the UI, minimal changes over PS4 design

-some quick trailers of 3 to 4 games. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bluepoint's project as mentioned already, Godfall, GT ?

- bc for playstation 1, 2, and 4 shown off and takes up decent amount of time.

Overall I think the people going into it expecting to be shocked are going to leave disappointed, those expecting Sony to provide the spec sheet will likely be as well. Those of us that just want to see the damn thing already will be satisfied.
Why would you not expect actual tech specs in a deep dive of the tech? o_O

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017

Honestly?

no, I personally wouldn't. Microsoft has been doing a lot of good, but the type of games I enjoy are the things that I can only really find on Playstation so me even considering buying a Series X is out of the question. I'm too used to the ecosystem, the controller, and I have invested too much into digital to abandon ship.

If a weaker GPU means a cheaper console then so be it. I doubt they'll hit 399 with this, but a sure fire way to make sure I don't buy a PS5 until 2 or 3 years in is if they price it at 599, which is what I think Series X could end up costing.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

SzY0uyE.png

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I cant believe that tomorrow I'll finally know how many Teraflops the PS5 will have!!!!
I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight, I just know it.
I dont even care if the console launches with no games for the first 12 months, just give me the number of teraflops and i'll buy the damn thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.