• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Buy the console, yes...😜

In other news everything here closed today, my new gym, I can't take dancing classes, the orthopaedic clinic is shutting down everything besides emergency surgery and ER, so I can't really work, I can't work out, I can't try new things, I can't go out, I can't meet people...if they try and stop me from visiting my son as well I'll punch clean through my punching bad. I need those good next-gen news.
Is it cold where you live? Go for a walk outside!

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Which came first? Microsoft knowing that Sony was doing theirs or Sony knowing that Microsoft was doing theirs? There's definitely some one-upmanship going on here, but I can't tell who's bluffing.

Given that Sony's was probably always scheduled for this week due to GDC, as others have said, probably both were scheduled a long time ago.

Kanethered

May 29, 2019
We would've been already knowing what Cerny will say tomorrow if GDC 2020 was held as planned. Fuck that virus.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
"System architecture" sounds like details how the box was built, inside and out, including cooling, etc. which I think will include the design.

"How it will shape the future of gaming" sounds like the tech demos/performance metrics.

We won't see price, games, acquisitions, etc.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it will be standard console design or more like the mini Series X tower for good cooling. Matte black Sony, don't you go gloss on me!

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
"System architecture" sounds like details how the box was built, inside and out, including cooling, etc. which I think will include the design.

"How it will shape the future of gaming" sounds like the tech demos/performance metrics.

We won't see price, games, acquisitions, etc.
I agree. People should not expect game reveals. This will be a dry and straight to the point power point presentation.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
ezgif-2-26fa51e7f149.gif

The fact that schreier seems to deflect from TF indicates that it likely won't be anywhere near 13

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

I think it'll be the logical innards...and the developer perspective on the system. I don't think they'll talk about physical design. I would say they'll stagger out the reveal over a few info dumps like this.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
With MS fully showing their cards on Monday, and now Sony feeling confident enough to answer within days, this is getting good.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Fill up your tubs boys and girls.

So nice to have something to look forward to in this pandemic.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Given that Sony's was probably always scheduled for this week due to GDC, as others have said, probably both were scheduled a long time ago.
I don't believe in coincidences. :) Someone got word that their rival was targeting a certain date to one-up them. If Sony did already have this scheduled because of GDC, then that would lend me to believe that it's Microsoft trying to outdo Sony. Looking forward to the reveal!

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I think it'll be the logical innards...and the developer perspective on the system. I don't think they'll talk about physical design. I would say they'll stagger out the reveal over a few info dumps like this.
I wouldn't be surprised if they take that approach as well. I only speculated the design will be shown (having zero knowledge of how these things work) because I feel like you almost can't talk about innards without bringing up the cooling solution.

That said, I'm not certain a GDC talk would be the place they'd choose to reveal the design either in this age.

I'm 50/50 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.