• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, were they ever planning on a Feb reveal? You make it sound like GDC was the plan all along...
No clue. I've never heard anything about a February reveal (outside of whatever public rumors were floating around). I do believe that some of the rumors (like Assassin's Creed getting revealed in Feb) were never true.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
lmao.JPG

this is pretty funny lol

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I can confirm that this Cerny thing has been in the works for a bit. They had been planning to do a PS5 thing at GDC. Also, soon we'll have confirmation of what I've been saying all along -- that both of these machines are extremely powerful -- and then maybe everyone here will stop tagging me in all these dumb next-gen console rumor posts. Teraflops be damned

I have seen the amount of Twitter abuse you've gotten and been getting lately. Just wanted to let you know that the many of us really, really appreciate you shining light upon the corners and crevices that some would rather have the larger audience not see. Thanks for all you do and fuck the miserable trolls and assholes.

Kanethered

May 29, 2019
I can confirm that this Cerny thing has been in the works for a bit. They had been planning to do a PS5 thing at GDC. Also, soon we'll have confirmation of what I've been saying all along -- that both of these machines are extremely powerful -- and then maybe everyone here will stop tagging me in all these dumb next-gen console rumor posts. Teraflops be damned

So he's gonna release the actual numbers tomorrow. Excellent!

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Hope people don't expect too much from this tomorrow. By the sounds of it it's not gonna be a gaming/console reveal in the sense people seem to be getting hyped for.

If Cerny is doing the presentation it's going to be a fairly dry, geeky look at the specs. I know lots of people (myself included) are going to love that but I get the feeling many people are gonna get annoyed as it won't be what they thought it's gonna be.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017

God I hope so. Them practically being carbon copies of each other would be the best possible scenario in my opinion. Let the content speak for iself.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the case. Also let's not forget that Microsoft also has a Game Stack conference at 2pm tomorrow following the Sony stuff.
With the way people are thinking though it must be in reaction to the Sony deep dive event...lol.
Sounds to me like this was all planned and each console maker is doing their own thing.

Game Stack Live starts today in just under 2 hours fyi

MS announced DirectX Developer day for Thursday with demos coming from AMD, Nvidia and MS which should be interesting.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
spill your guts man...

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
You're really optimistic if you think this will stop people from tagging you in the rumour thread lol

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
How did a Tweet announcing that theyre announcing stuff get three times as many.likes as Xbox literally taking apart the console and showing us everything
Even if you don't disregard how useless tweets and liking are, the post on @xbox has a good amount of likes.

I think 70k?

Of course PS5 will have more, it's a much more global brand, but Xbox still makes waves. Would be foolish to assume otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
There are people in this thread discussing social media reaction numbers in comparison to Xbox coverage this week. I'm simply saying that there is no reason to expect Playstation to perform less favorably on social media because it has far bigger accounts there in the first place. We don't have Apples to Apples numbers since Playstation is a bigger, older brand.
Ok, I follow you. That's a fair point.

If we're arguing about who is more popular, though, your point supports Sony being more popular. I was only reacting to the claim that social media doesn't reflect anything about reality as far as which brand is more popular. The general brand popularity should tell us *something* about the expected popularity of the specific products.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How did a Tweet announcing that theyre announcing stuff get three times as many.likes as Xbox literally taking apart the console and showing us everything

How do people still regularly claim Sony is hurting itself and the PS5 with their marketing approach and Microsoft doing so much better? ;)

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Time to buy both powerful consoles at launch again? Sigh. Forgive me wallet.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks Jason! But we won't stop tagging you until you confirm that we will get to play bloodborne at 4k/60fps in our PS5. That's what we all really want!!

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
To address some people bringing up metrics earlier -

Metrics =/= Sales.

Metrics = Awareness and Attention.

Doesn't mean it'll translate to sales.

But products without awareness and attention won't even get to the starting line of selling well.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I really just want to see two things, neither of which I'm expecting tomorrow.

First one is confirmation of full bc including ps1, ps2, ps3. Native compatibility too, not streaming.

Second one is a deep dive of the ps5 controller. The one item I'm most excited about for next gen. Want to see if my excitement is justified.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
No clue. I've never heard anything about a February reveal (outside of whatever public rumors were floating around). I do believe that some of the rumors (like Assassin's Creed getting revealed in Feb) were never true.
That's interesting. Thanks for confirming.

Can't wait for tomorrow, having a generation with 2 awesome machines from the get go is going to be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.