• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aesthetically it looks good, very minimalistic and clean. But it won't fit in my setup. I wish they would release something that looked like the dev kit:

lbhJB6K.jpg

I hope the PS5 has a more traditional design so I can just replace my PS4 with it in the same spot.

Same here. This is my current set up.

20190819073857010101.jpeg

No way this is fitting. The only option is to bring my TV forward and put the XSX (and Switch) behind my TV. Hopefully that won't impact wireless use of my controllers in any way.

Screenshot2020031615.jpg

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i can't believe people were just talking about teraflops without acknowledging the other potential bombshell.

BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FOR ALL PAST PLAYSTATION PLATFORMS!

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Some metrics about that PlayStation tweet

Now 6th most liked tweet from PlayStation main channel with over 54k
Surpassing the tweet announcing TLOU Part II original release date (53.3k) and ID change feature announcement (53.7k)

Next step, the tweet about PS2 turnable logo (part of 20th year anniversary of PS2 series of tweet) with over 60.1k
Incredible. This is the power of true worldwide hype.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will we get to see the actual hardware?

We we get specs?!

How will it compare with Xbox Series X?

Exciting times!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The social media metrics of this are already eclipsing the entirety of Xbox Series X engagement from yesterday from what I am seeing

The announcement tweet alone is almost at 50k likes on Twitter in just 2h

Sony was smart as hell
Just means Sony fans are more inclined to be on social media, nothing really concrete can be drawn from it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe people were just talking about teraflops without acknowledging the other potential bombshell.

BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FOR ALL PAST PLAYSTATION PLATFORMS!

I don't want to get my hopes up, but the console could be 5TB at $599 and I would still buy it if it played PS3/4/5 games

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I really really really hope those rumors about full backwards compatibility with basically all sony platforms are true. My PS3 won't live forever!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In case you missed it, this will be what was gonna be shown at GDC before its delay.

Nov 29, 2018
My launch PS4 was loud, then I got the PS4 pro (hoping that it wouldn't be as loud) but it turned out to be even louder.
I can't remember what it's like to have a silent console anymore, they need to fix this shit.
I hear ya.
I bought the pro for the horsepower hoping it would be quiter too as you did...
So much for that!
Let's hope Sony has taken note of it and it's something they are taking seriously with their new baby.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Big Kudos to the Playstation team: not a single detailed spec leak! The PS4 and Pro both leaked before their announcements, while we've had some hints and rumors, there hasn't been a solid spec leak that's been confirmed my several sources (nothing that is specific and contained within a sourced article by a competent journalist).

Some metrics about that PlayStation tweet

Now 6th most liked tweet from PlayStation main channel with over 54k
Surpassing the tweet announcing TLOU Part II original release date (53.3k) and ID change feature announcement (53.7k)

Next step, the tweet about PS2 turnable logo (part of 20th year anniversary of PS2 series of tweet) with over 60.1k
This is why Playstation doesn't care if it might have lower specs. Playstation has a huge, hardcore fanbase. The PS5 just needs to carry on what the PS4 and Pro are doing, and it'll be a massive success for them.

I think if supply can keep up with demand, the PS5 will sell faster than the PS4 in its first 6 months. Having BS with the PS4 is going to be a huge win for the ecosystem.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
If the ps5 can't beat out (or at least on match) with the series x specs wont this be significant?

No? It would actually be dumb to chase the power crown and get exposed to the two entries strategy of MS, by pricing the PS5 out of the mass market that is. Better to sit between the two extremes and offer the best performance/cost ratio.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Yup. The funny part is...that's exactly what Sony tweeted about. It's mostly technical stuff and a few functionalities the PS5 will have. I'm already ready for the typical "bUt wHeRe aRe ThE GaMeS?" POSTS.
That said, the PS4 reveal was a Feb event, featuring a Cerny tech deep dive, and showing Killzone Shadowfall gameplay. So showing off a launch title might not be too much of a stretch. I agree it's not likely, but I don't think it's especially unlikely either.

EDIT: Thinking back to that PS4 reveal stream, I also remember my internet connection was faster back then than it is today. UK really needs to sort its shit out... Almost a decade and no real infrastructure progress to show for it.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I got a newer Pro, the Death Stranding limited edition version, and it's almost on part with my Xbox One X.

But I also hope PS5 is quiet, it's a big requirement.

I bought a second Pro just for this reason and my second Pro unit (RD2 Bundle - CUH-72xx) is also super quiet but it's Sony's job to make the launch versions quiet from the get-go. Buying the same console twice just for this reason is extremely annoying.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they saw the coronavirus stuff, and saw Microsoft announce and thought - oh no it's only going to get worse, so now is the time to announce, while they can still get some attention by the media. Though even more likely is they both know they can't have 'stage' shows now to announce, so they might as well just spill the beans online.

The realist in me is they are carefully crafting their message to show disparity between it and xbox, and now that MS has announced they know what specs to play up and what to play down. Say maybe they don't have the TF win, so they'll play up 'efficiency' and some other buzzwords to make it sound just as good. Anyways, I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised. Also, I'd absolutely love to see some VR mentions. Really want to see what kind of SSD they have if Mark is genuine about his words on it last time.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So which game do you guys think they will use for the inevitable SSD comparasion?

I am going with Spiderman.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK

After the data drop yesterday I'm more excited than ever for tomorrow's walk through. It's honestly never been a better time to be a consumer of videogames - competition is healthy!

This may be the generation where I finally buy both consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.