• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Fully not expecting a power differential that puts it in their favor, more so interested in their unique system aspects and games (not getting games most likely) and the price (also not getting this)

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
User warned: Platform warring
It seems like a personal preference more than anything, though. And believe me I understand where you're coming from, I just feel times have changed and the way we consume information has changed. On the contrary, while unorthodox, the way they've revealed information so far has clearly seen extremely high engagement at little to no cost. They've already mentioned that they have noted Apple's product rollout strategy and that alone indicates they are thinking differently than they have in the past.

I would imagine they already had plans to reveal specs at GDC (as they've also indicated) and will plan the blowout conference you're looking for for a bit later in the year. I think you're just being a little impatient. Understandably so, given the circumstances, but the fact remains we won't be able to purchase until November so they have time and the marketing has not even kicked off yet.
I really don't think any of Sony's PR with the PS5 has had "extremely high engagement" Resetera is a huge bubble, there's a reason people mocked this site and GAF as a den of Sony fanboyism for over a decade. Nobody outside of enthusiasts are going to watch this stream, while normal press conferences/reveals actually garner wider audiences. This is especially true for revealing the intial details of the PS5 through a random ass article out of the blue,.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
There has been multiple articles on the PS5 and the last one came out in October. The first one in April. What alternate reality is this?
Liar
DRLuTUi.jpg

Ahh ok, apologies. It feels like there hasn't been anything significant but that should all change tomorrow.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what the PS5 is like, finally. On a totally related note, there's gonna be so much fanboy poo flinging around here and everywhere else that I'll have to log out of gaming sites for a week if I don't want a brain aneurysm. Ahh, a new console gen

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is where I stand now; if it's less powerful, it better have PSOne and PS2 games available as downloads for real or else I have no interest. If it's more powerful, I'll buy it for multi platform games.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't release of current-gen and lead up to it in MS also time when they considered fully shutting down and/or selling off Xbox division?

Yeah I think people spouting the "MS can eat any loss on Xbox hardware" seem to forget that Xbox was on the chopping block in like 2014 or 2015 per Spencer. MS is tired of "eating losses" and that most assuredly informed their shift to software/service model that the rest of the company is pushing. They are putting their might behind GamePass because they think they can push the other two platforms out of the way with competition from an unsustainable model

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I do believe the Series X will be more powerful only because Microsoft is obsessed with having the most powerful box, for me as long as the PS5 is close then it doesn't matter, I can barely tell the difference in my Pro and X1X for most games, BC is going to the most important thing for me if they are close. If Sony does what they did with PS4 then I am making the switch to Xbox as my multiplat machine. So bring the heat Cerny!

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
Yeah, people should chill with the power difference. It will not be like Pro vs X, and even that difference was not always noticeable (on 3rd party games)..

Look for differentiator in services, games distribution and GAMES!

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
imagine if it were 12.1TF. like just a tiny bit more powerful to mess with people.

i don't care what it is. give me good games to play and i'll buy it.

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
If they have more TF they will 100% brag with it, same with NVME speeds.

If not then most likely they aren't "king".
Considering that the XSX SSD is just bog-standard in terms of speed, they won't have to have done much work to be able to brag. If what they have in there truly is faster than a Samsung 970, they're very much set.

Al I want is for it to be replaceable... And use a standard connector of course

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
It's finally happening!

excited-cam-and-gloria-modern-family.gif

Haha, this is me. What a week.

I think neither will say it. XSX will have around a 10% more powerful GPU, a slightly more clocked CPU while Sony will have more RAM and a faster SSD. Both will be suck in a situation where they can't claim to be more powerful.

I see your point.If they're close they might refrain from using those kind of statements. But since I think that PS5 will be <10 TF, claiming to be more powerful when you're above 12 TF isn't really a problem.

Just how impressive will Knack 3 look?

I totally forgot, we might actually get to see Knack 3 tomorrow!

A proper reveal without this breadcrumb PR would still generate more buzz.

Let it go. It works for them?

Christ, posts like this are so cringeworthy

Not really. Everything is not serious.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't think any of Sony's PR with the PS5 has had "extremely high engagement" Resetera is a huge bubble, there's a reason people mocked this site and GAF as a den of Sony fanboyism for over a decade. Nobody outside of enthusiasts are going to watch this stream, while normal press conferences/reveals actually garner wider audiences.
Ah no I mean if you ignore all the facts yeah you can say this

Jul 26, 2018
I really don't think any of Sony's PR with the PS5 has had "extremely high engagement" Resetera is a huge bubble, there's a reason people mocked this site and GAF as a den of Sony fanboyism for over a decade. Nobody outside of enthusiasts are going to watch this stream, while normal press conferences/reveals actually garner wider audiences. This is especially true for revealing the intial details of the PS5 through a random ass article out of the blue,.
Bruh... The Ps5 logo is the most liked gaming share of all time.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like just by some of the reactions here some people are setting themselves up for disappointment with what they are hoping for.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
my theory is that Sony knew that they'd have the more powerful hardware. they've just sat quietly and let MS do what they want. Now we know the exact specs of the XSX it's time for Sony to come in and reveal what they got.

or maybe not :)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Considering that the XSX SSD is just bog-standard in terms of speed, they won't have to have done much work to be able to brag. If what they have in there truly is faster than a Samsung 970, they're very much set.

Al I want is for it to be replaceable... And use a standard connector of course

PCIE 4.0 is hardly standard stuff for NVME's yet, it's so new in consumer space and provides speed bumps over what is available now.

It most likely is what PS5 "magic sauce" for their NVME is too, PCIE 4.0.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm praying for all the insiders that will be proven right or wrong tomorrow.
Yep. Judegment day.

Insiders from 2019 were spot on with Xbox X specs, even though it was considered optimistic if not fantasy back then. So they were right, but im looking at insiders here that said Xbox and PS are the same, with a slight edge to PS5. This was only mentioned here though, where as the Xbox rumor of power was outside of resetera from what i remember.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.