• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Devkits have been out in the wild for a very long time, we even have pictures. I imagine the guys at DF have contacts all over the tech space.

The have been 3 version of the dev kit out with different specs.
Even if they have contacts it's not certain what info they know or if they up to date .

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I hope the SSD is faster than Series X solution. I know the demo ms show is many many times faster than Xbox 1, but 7-8 seconds for current gen games is already way longer than I expect.
It's not going to get much faster, even an ssd with twice the read speed would only be like 1 or 2 sec faster. I'm talking about overall, you may be able to optimize specific sections in games to be a bit faster but initial loading times won't be much faster. Plus those loads were for last gen games built for hdds.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting a similar CPU clock to that of XsX, an 11TF GPU in exchange for a much faster SSD.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Tech analysis... this sounds like a damp squib, but better than nothing!

Any chance of a game reveal? Maybe a release date?
Nah, they'd probably refer to something like that as a full reveal. I'm not expecting the console design, price or release and would be surprised at new game announcements from this.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
This is... Kinda weird. Probably not a hardware reveal or anything like line-up, pricing etc. Still gonna stay up til 3 fucking am for it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rumour has it that the PS5 has much-improved ventilation and is much quieter than the PS4 is.

In fact, they were going to do a side by side comparison of the two consoles, but with this being a streaming-only event they got worried that the PS4 noise would blow out people's speakers.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I'm really curious and hope they are doing what the series X is doing in terms of forward compatibility and the resume. I do hope we see some heavy back words compatibility stuff too. It's one of those things that I will rarely use but would love to have. Especially when I get the urge to play some ssx tricky or whatever.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope the SSD is faster than Series X solution. I know the demo ms show is many many times faster than Xbox 1, but 7-8 seconds for current gen games is already way longer than I expect.
7-8 seconds for titles that had no alterations is a pretty big jump. Imagine titles made with the NVMe in mind and also the added filing systems for the Series X.

I am sure what Sony announce will be great.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
some of you guys are setting your self up for a disappointment.

there is no way Sony would ever release a 600 dollar console again.

Microsoft can do it cause they are going for a different audience but there is no way sony is doing it.

Oct 31, 2017
QK@P#R@QI#)M@!)%3234bv2mB^($)G)%4567YKTreTKLERuerUYOERTROPEKTyerty34%I$E%Y)($)%Y45yerhREL:THERKLT:YEM RLTYMGertyertyEROTIMEROPYHI<EROPty4#%6G#M(%*^W(#$f634%^DP#$%{^W6wgRKOWEPRYKeropturtYUKRTUYOPRTKUYOPRKyuwe,,54g8694F(*P@^#@$%@)%$M*@045fm23452*)4m2935wt9rej7t9wer6w#G^(#@G7455+5=10+2=12

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
BLESS CERNY
MICROSOFT WOKE THE BEAST

giphy.gif

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Spider-Man SSD demo from the leak video is that fast though. although maybe State of Decay just have really load times so even with SSD it still took that long and that won't be the norm

To get full benefit of SSD / NVME you need design your software around that.

Sony most likely had that SpiderMan load demo on PS5 retooled and optimized for NVME by the devs where MS didn't do that for Decay. Game got benefit from being loaded from NVME, but nothing like it could be with optimizations. It basically got to point of what load times are on PC with games now days.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda feels like Sony are just reacting to Microsoft and not leading the way, as I believe they should be doing as the market leader. Still can't wait to watch the vid.

Hopefully it has a little bit more pizzazz than the PS4 Pro showcase

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I know people are excited for next gen but boy are some people short sighted with what's going on right now. The fact that Sony and Microsoft are even showing anything just goes to show the amount of pressure those teams have right now despite the global pandemic. Have some empathy for those getting this out for you instead of cooking up conspiracies consistently. They both would've likely shown this during GDC, it's not always mind games.

If either console comes out this year with comparable specs, I'll just wait. XSX is sounding like an expensive machine and if the PS5 is close by I'll be kissing 399 away, especially with parts and manufacturing potentially being more expensive now.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like some of you should lower your expectations for tomorrow. We will probably get detailed specs sheet and some features but don't expect games or console design. I could be wrong tho.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Some people are mad hyped to look at a box and specs talk. Sure, I'll watch but I'd like some idea of games more tbh. Cool stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.