• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
So, all the people who said that Microsoft was insensitive for releasing Xbox info this week...are probably now jumping for joy. :-)

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how open the discussion will be towards parts of the architecture that might not hold up favorably in comparison XSX.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I hope the SSD is faster than Series X solution. I know the demo ms show is many many times faster than Xbox 1, but 7-8 seconds for current gen games is already way longer than I expect.

Pretty sure PS5 is more faster but state of decay 2 is not game optimized for SSD.

The PS5 demo of Spiderman is Optimized for SSD.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Cerny has beat MS for power again then Spencer should throw some big $ his way to design the next Xbox.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Thank God. I hope they discuss backwards compatibility on some level. Also, it'll be interesting to see if they finally unveil the console itself, and it'll be nice to see how it compares to Xbox Series X in terms of power (including what sorts of optimizations and streamlining they can do for developers).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So, Demon Souls tomorrow? Lets goo!
Lolno. Please read what it's about.
I thought they would make a hardware reveal together with launch titles... looks like not :(
It's not even an hardware reveal, it's a specs reveal.
is this gonna be a direct like or digital event ? or just some text like the Wire article ?

if its the later then LOL super lame. I want tech demos . I want to see what the console look like along with its specs.
Wired article in video format.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If Cerny has beat MS for power again then Spencer should throw some big $ his way to design the next Xbox.
I think because of the GDC stuff, it was actually Microsoft that got ahead of Sony with the announced specs of the XSX. I'm expecting to be underwhelmed with what Sony shows tomorrow. Still excited to see what Sony has to offer though.

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
Tech analysis... this sounds like a damp squib, but better than nothing!

Any chance of a game reveal? Maybe a release date?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Im not the smartest guy....but the wording "Deep Dive" reminds me of Pinello and Team trying REALLY hard to explain why ESRAM was the way to go on Xbox One. Fuck it, ill go-ahead and say Xbox Series X has the edge still and the "deep dive" will explain why they chose the specs for the PS5 etc.
They did the same deep dive for PS4 - which was the most powerful machine at the time. It's their GDC talk, of course they're going to talk about stuff like that to developers who are going to be working on the system in the future.

Thinking that the phrase 'deep dive' indicates the power level of a console is just weird to me.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Sure, but, I'm referring to people who were saying Sony were dumb to not say anything after all this time where MS were posting news. They never had to, and, this proves it.

Oh, I fully agree. It doesn't really matter what Microsoft does. As long as Sony doesn't fuck up their messaging, they'll be fine. The PlayStation brand is strong enough, people will wait.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With all the xbox news honestly don't have any excitement at all for the ps5 at this point. Think next gen might be the 1st ever I only get the one console since the snes/genesis generation.

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
Ready for that Cerny ASMR

Also yeah, I think it will be a bit weaker than the Xbox Series X.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm super excited, this is going to be outrageous.
Time to settle the Oberon lark once and for all chaps!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
If they were to show anything gaming-wise my assumption would be that it'd be to do with BC titles and how the PS5 will improve them rather than showing any upcoming titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.