• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand...Is this some kind of elaborate game of chicken that they're playing with Microsoft? Or is there some internal issues needed to be worked out? Why announce then un-announce so soon after?

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Good on Sony to do the right thing.

The Twitter replies are a fucking shitshow, though. This is why I don't talk games on social media, because people are fuck nuggets.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely disapointed but understandable. But I think this sets them up for a hard fall if the event ends up being in any way underwhelming.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Insensitive commentary
Damnit Sony, what else am I gonna do on Friday. Hyping this up only to be let down :|

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Sony knows (and were planning) to suck all the oxygen out of the room for this upcoming showcase but realized that this ain't the time to do that. I completely understand.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
this was the only thing I had going on this week lol.

BUT considering the new meaning of that date it makes sense.

hope its not pushed back too far. Need some positive news for once

GrayFoxBH

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory and dismissive commentary on a sensitive issue.
Why give the ppl some joy? Let's keep talking about racism, coronavirus, politics and death.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm as disappointed as anyone, but this was the right call.
It was going to be a bright spot in what's shaping up to be an awful week all around, but Sony's correct. The timing isn't right.
And I liked their party comment about standing back to let me more important voices be heard. Very classy.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking forward to it, but considering recent events I don't fault them at all for moving it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Man there was a whole thread that got closed, and the people involved said we were all so US-centric. I wonder what happened...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Good on them. One less thing to distract people from more important matters that deserve their attention.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were even advertising it on ESPN. Not an easy decision for them to make I imagine.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive commentary in a sensitive thread.
Still don't see why this needed to be done, but cool I guess

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
So incredibly disappointed. Been looking forward to this since February and it's just been taken away.

For good reasons obviously and they've done the right thing but selfishly I can't help but feel like someone just kicked me in the nuts with steel toe-capped boots.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm surprised they actually did postpone this considering the ads and whatnot, but good move on Sony for doing so. Far more important things to focus on right now.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Had to be moved, but they kind of should've come out with a new date. I guess they had to move quickly though to set expectations. The world is such a fucking weird place in 2020.

I get the feeling they have an internal date set (they'd have to tell third parties something) but didn't share it because it'd detract from the messaging.

The idiots being idiots in the comments are frustrating but at least they're inadvertently learning about why BLM protests are important. A bit depressing the only way to reach them is to take away their video games like they're 11 years old, but still, it works.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Understandable but man, I really need something to talk about other than Hellworld.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think that it was necessary, but I still greatly respect it. I also didn't realize it was on the same day as the memorial service.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
It sucks a bit, but it is absolutely understandable. These are things that are far more important than a videogames related event...

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Really good move, specially since we know they are taking a financial loss from this (TV ads). Putting their money where their money is.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So? A lot of people are pushing something bigger. It's just videos games. You'll be fine without some video game presentation to cheer you up. Social issues are far greater and people need to see this. Sony did the right thing.
I did not talk about me but thanks for sharing your opinion. There is a lot of people with other priorities around the world right now and they were looking for a cheer up. I even remember reading in another thread about a user saying his anxiety is through the roof and the upcoming Sony even is giving him something to look forward too.
Another user mentioned that the last of us 2 is the only thing keeping him alive at the moment. Yes, the events in America is something that affects the whole world, but as I said, a lot of people have their "own" problems too and games seem to be helping a bit.

Velka

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good move, there are more important things to focus on right now, don't even try to read the replies, lost a few braincells when I scrolled down the comments