• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't deny that my first reaction was "FUCK". But of course there are way more important events happening that need everyone's full attention.

Massive respect to Sony for doing this.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
If the memorial service is on that date they simply can't do it then. Hopefully not delayed for too long, maybe a week or two.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I think having a strong message at the start, making a stance is more important, and in fact, I still hope they will do it.

But I can also understand they prefered that top tweet are about BLM than any new game annoucement / trailer.

For people thinking next week. I am not there, but it does not look like something that will be sorted out in a week.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Ironically this will bring them many more viewers I bet, this is a huge second wind of eyes on it, and there will be a third when they announce the new date. This thing will have a MASSIVE number of viewers.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing to hear but perfectly understandable as why this is the case. I don't think the delay will be too long, maybe they'll push it for the weekend? They have likely edited everything they need for the showing and they can't hold it back for too long before leaks start to become more common, so maybe it'll air next week if not this weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is ultimately a meaningless gesture that allows a corporation to avoid having their ad campaign tackle the real issues happening right now.

Sony will wait until the heat dies down and corporations can pretend race issues are "fixed" in America. So a week or so from now.

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
So disappointed. Great choice nonetheless, we can wait a couple of weeks, the world needs to see something else right now.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Why I understand why they delay it, I'm still disappointed. No make up date either.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Kudos to them for making the right decision. While I am as excited as the next person I do think that what they have coming up for people to see will be worth the wait and everybody should continue to be excited but realize that this is bigger than games and they made the right decision.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just lip service to them. They felt it was inappropriate to sell us a product when there is more important shit going on in the world. Respect.

saiko

Keeper of the White Materia
Nov 4, 2017
Good move. Now is not the time.

I can already hear the Gamerz raging over this news.

Sep 14, 2018
If this was happening in a third world country, will this event have been delayed?
No but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be delayed now, it's not a competition. This is an important time for the US it's a good thing that they're respectful of that.

Whatever they were going to show isn't going to stop existing because of a delay.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Can't pretend I'm dissapointed even if I completely understand why it's been moved. With all the terrible shit that's going on at the moment it was nice to have something to look forward to this week.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I can guarantee that all the people responding poorly in the comments are white people.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm okay with this and it's completely understandable.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
We can wait. Every time I open Twitter my heart gets broken for all the injustice I'm witnessing.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think they will show anything until
July at the earliest tbh, i wouldnt expect a short delay

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Respect, Sony. We can wait a few more days for better looking third person action adventure titles.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
User banned (2 weeks): Insensitive and dismissive commentary
As a non-American I'm disappointed.

The people who support the cause probably wouldn't have let a gaming conference sidetrack them to begin with. Those who don't care will probably turn more negative if anything.

It's an interesting precedent to set at the very least.

EDIT: If it's to do with the memorial then that makes more sense to me then a general "not right now" delay

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Absolutely the right move. Good on Sony.

Anyone questioning why they did this or saying they shouldn't have or that racism and police brutality are only an America problem deserve serious side eye and suspicion. Video games aren't even a drop in the fucking bucket compared to what the Black community is going through right now (well, "always" is more like it, but especially right now).

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is ultimately a meaningless gesture that allows a corporation to avoid having their ad campaign tackle the real issues happening right now.

Sony will wait until the heat dies down and corporations can pretend race issues are "fixed" in America. So a week or so from now.
nah, it means alot, shoutout to Sony

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damnit, this was the only thing I was possibly looking forward to in this hell we call 2020.

I understand the decision completely, and respect it though.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose many people outside the US might be pretty disappointed and annoyed by that decision.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
The games aren't going anywhere, I want to see em as bad as anybody else, but what's going on right now is bigger than that.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
of course, it is. how can someone take my comment and turn into im upset about the delay of ps5

but again not surprised. some people here are after my neck lol
Nobody is "after your neck", which is a pretty poor choice of words to use as a follow up to your original choice of poor words. All good though, as your frustration is correctly aimed.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great move, plus we get the bonus of watching certain forums and entitled idiots melt down into sobbing tantrums over this. Watching terrible people anguish and threaten not to buy a PS5 over this is really entertaining, so there's a silver lining here.

TheTyrantShow

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
Wonder how it works for getting money back for those ads they paid for that said June 4th.

I can't imagine what their finance department is looking like.