• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm finally gonna play enter the gungeon great stuff Sony.
Also don't sleep on subnautica it's amazing

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Think this got lost in the shuffle, will i be able to claim this if I've already downloaded HZD on PS Now?
I have a buy option on the complete edition despite owning the expansion, so you are probably good. Search on the store and if you can buy it you should be fine. Though I guess worst case you can just redeem it on another account if not.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Free Astrobot? Whoo! I haven't powered my PS4 on in over a year but I might do it for that. The PSVR Astrobot trial was fun.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Two of the best games of 2016 are there, good stuff. Glad to see Sony moving a bit.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
I 100% agree with everyone saying "Competition is great!"

However, it is also irrelevant to this particular thread. Unless Sony's competition is also giving away free games...or better yet, the competition could pay you to take some games....that'd show arrogant Sony!

Anyways, thanks Sony. This is a supremely nice gesture.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, hear me out.
I have never played Frozen Wilds expansion and I already gave away my copy of Horizon as a present.
I have my save file.
Can I simply access Frozen Wilds from the complete collection with my save file or is that not possible?

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome. So many good games. Also, Horizon Forbidden West has to be coming this year.

Oct 27, 2017
It's ok, I guess. They'll have to do better tho if they want to counter what Microsoft is offering ( especially after Outriders megaton announcement).

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Hope people check out The Witness and Subnautica, fantastic games. I'm looking forward to Rez Infinite, kinda forgot it existed and never bought it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's ok, I guess. They'll have to do better tho if they want to counter what Microsoft is offering ( especially after Outriders megaton announcement).

As someone with a Series X, Game Pass Ultimate and happy about getting Outriders i must say this isn't comparable tbh. These games from Sony are free. No PS Plus or PS Now needed.

It would be comparable if Xbox would just give away a bunch of games for free (that means you don't need Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold for them).

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Hot Damn, the complete edition of Horizon.

I completed the standard edition and never got round to the DLC.

Are there any performance boost playing this on PS5?
Compared to PS4 Pro, you're getting the same performance targets and the only difference is that instead of a 30FPS framerate that dips very occasionally, you're getting a 30FPS lock.

Compared to standard PS4, you're getting the option of a higher resolution with more effects, or a much higher resolution with somewhat better effects.

Any complication I should know about if I already own base Horizon?
Not really. If you were end-game level in Horizon then the Complete Edition has a new level cap and a few new skills to obtain so you might want to grab those new skills before starting the Frozen Wilds portion. The Frozen Wilds itself is integrated into the game, not accessed from a separate menu, so you'll need to go find it (which is easy, there's several pointers towards it in-game). It's more difficult than the rest of the game so it might be an idea to play through some of the world for a while to re-familiarise yourself with how the game works.

Does Rez Infinite have a Pro patch?
Sure does, native 4K, 60FPS.

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Moss is that it ends partway through the story and they haven't followed up with the rest of it. Still worth playing though.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Rez is amazing in VR, enjoy it if you haven't already. Would really love a full blown sequel ala the final new stage.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
nice ill pick up subnautica for sure. And hey might as well try funi for 90 days if its free

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Wow! That's a pretty amazing list. Horizon and Astro are two of the best games of last gen. Astro is quite possibly the best vr game to date.
Can I claim these now?

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Think this got lost in the shuffle, will i be able to claim this if I've already downloaded HZD on PS Now?
To answer your question, you can. They changed that process a while back. I did have some issues with free ratchet they gave recently but after an hour or so I tried again and the ps+ version was removed from my download list (in browser) and replaced with the full one.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

Lol what a weird response. The initiative started last year when COVID hit already. There's nothing about it that's trying to be a response to whatever MS is doing. Not everything has to be about console wars, damn.