• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title:
After seeing the broken Yakuza page, and those couple of PS4-only games with missing platform labels (Dreams, Nioh 2), I thought that just may be the case with every game registered to PlayStation.com that Sony has yet to update for the new format, but nope, it's just them. Pages for games like Marvel's Avengers, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. don't exist yet.

Anyway, you're all free to try different URLs for pages I haven't found yet. I've already tried all the games from the "PS5: The Future of Gaming" event (so if they're not in the list, they don't have a page yet), plus a good amount of the other games that appear here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/games/ps4-games/?console=ps4

Thanks to renka_schedule for first pointing this out.

Last edited:

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I like it . Looks great . Hopefully on ps5 store we will have trailers at 1080p this time at minimum . Is it 480p now? Not sure but its always low quality when u wanna see a trailer of the game

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
Looking forward to the total overhaul of PSN/playstation.com ahead of the PS5 launch, long overdue.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
they dont list developers anymore, only publishers? thats a bit weird, though it seems more inline with that the PS Store displays

EDIT: they do actually, its just slightly more hidden

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
These are much cleaner, and seem to be globalised.

they dont list developers anymore, only publishers? thats a bit weird, though it seems more inline with that the PS Store displays
The developer is listed in the Game Information section - you need to click to see it though.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Mmm what am I missing here? Is a redesigned webpage / storefront? Or just simply that they have added a PS 5 badge?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Very sleek. Maybe it gives an idea of what Sony is going for with the PS5's UI?

OP
OP
salromano

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It was revealed for PS4 last year:

Threw that in the wrong bullet. It was supposed to be on the Tribes of Midgard bullet.

Mmm what am I missing here? Is a redesigned webpage / storefront? Or just simply that they have added a PS 5 badge?

Redesigned pages. This is the old format:

www.playstation.com

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Games | PlayStation®

Explore Action/Role Playing Game (RPG) game Yakuza: Like a Dragon for console from the official PlayStation website.Check out Yakuza: Like a Dragon features, news, videos, screen shots, and buy the game now from PlayStation Store.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Threw that in the wrong bullet. It was supposed to be on the Tribes of Midgard bullet.

Redesigned pages. This is the old format:

www.playstation.com

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Games | PlayStation®

Explore Action/Role Playing Game (RPG) game Yakuza: Like a Dragon for console from the official PlayStation website.Check out Yakuza: Like a Dragon features, news, videos, screen shots, and buy the game now from PlayStation Store.

Ahh I see. Thanks!

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Looks very clean and much better than the old ones. As someone who is moving towards digital next gen, I will be visiting these pages much more often and I appreciate the attention these smaller things are getting.

EDIT: Pretty sure that the old version of the Valhalla page mentioned the free PS5 update. Weird that the new one doesn't.

OP
OP
salromano

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed this on the Bugsnax page:

www.playstation.com

Bugsnax - PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Bugsnax on PS4 and PS5. Embark on a whimsical adventure to Snaktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug half-snack creatures, Bugsnax.

2U0sG9G.png

Just tweeted Young Horses from the Gematsu account, so hopefully they respond soon.

Edit: Props to Young Horses for responding so quickly:

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty page has that same phrase:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War launches on PS4 13th November, 2020; PS5 release date to be confirmed.

So they probably use that for every PS5 release even if only launch year is mentioned.

OP
OP
salromano

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty page has that same phrase:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War launches on PS4 13th November, 2020; PS5 release date to be confirmed.

So they probably use that for every PS5 release even if only launch year is mentioned.

In any case, it's been cleared up (see my edit).