• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry y'all, I totally forgot to check Bleemsync's progress and my thread in the last two days. Will update my OP in a few.

EDIT: Oh...sounds like it's still a beta with so so feedback. I'll let it mature a bit more then, will stick to my actual version, it's not like it does a bad job anyway. Also, can you remove the MMC splash screen that appears on boot?
Can you perhaps put the various different mods and their feaure list in the OP ? it sounds like Autobleem,, pcsx_xpandr and Retroboot are all competitors to bleemsync.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Will it overwrite the PAL version that's on there already? Or will I have two Tekken 3 entries on the menu?
You would have two tekken 3, pal and ntsc.

If you play with retroarch, all the games included have a patch that allow them to run at 60fps, so technically you wouldn't need the ntsc version.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You would have two tekken 3, pal and ntsc.

If you play with retroarch, all the games included have a patch that allow them to run at 60fps, so technically you wouldn't need the ntsc version.

Thanks for the answer! I actually don't mind the 50hz version TOO much (I'm a filthy Brit who grew up with that version) but would obviously rather have the real full speed version on there.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Sorry if this been asked already! I'm all set up with Bleemsync 1.0 with two controllers all working lovely and everything. But what happens if I put a NTSC version of Tekken 3 on my PSC? Will it overwrite the PAL version that's on there already? Or will I have two Tekken 3 entries on the menu?
You'll have two tekken 3 entries on the menu. With 1.0 there's supposedly a patch pack that patches it to 60fps but I don't know if you have to do anything specific. There's supposedly a way to hide the old version but I'm not sure how to do it.

Tinman

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry if this been asked already! I'm all set up with Bleemsync 1.0 with two controllers all working lovely and everything. But what happens if I put a NTSC version of Tekken 3 on my PSC? Will it overwrite the PAL version that's on there already? Or will I have two Tekken 3 entries on the menu?

My understanding is that with the current version, all the added games stay on the USB stick, not the storage if the PSC. You'll have two versions of Tekken 3 on your menu unless you select the option to hide all the games that came with the PSC in the BleemSync UI menu

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
lol... you could've saved yourself a lot of time just using the compatibility charts they've got running over on the PS Classic reddit. That was the first thing I did before my PSC arrived and I had it up and running in about twenty minutes once I actually got started on it.

Unfortunately, that chart has not been helpful whatsoever. Bought a stick that someone specifically said doesn't need a USB hub... plug it in after it arrives, and nothing. Go look at the chart again, and now it says it only works when using a hub. Gee, thanks. People put a lot of really bad and incomplete information on there constantly.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, that chart has not been helpful whatsoever. Bought a stick that someone specifically said doesn't need a USB hub... plug it in after it arrives, and nothing. Go look at the chart again, and now it says it only works when using a hub. Gee, thanks. People put a lot of really bad and incomplete information on there constantly.

Yeah, I checked it out again after I made that post and it has turned into a real trash fire. As I said, I got real lucky that the USB stick I got from using it works perfectly with Bleemsync.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues when trying to add games through the website? I've only been able to add a handful of games even though I'm confident the bin and cue files that I'm using are fine.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Fit (SDCZ33-064G-G35) and no problems either. Tested with FAT32 and NTFS.

Anyone else having issues when trying to add games through the website? I've only been able to add a handful of games even though I'm confident the bin and cue files that I'm using are fine.

Did you get an error or... ?

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the bar fills to 100% or sometimes partially and then I get an error. I try refreshing or going to Bleemsync preferences and the website doesn't work anymore. The only way to get it to work again is turning off the PSC and then back on.

I was able to get some games on there. I had formatted the usb to FAT32 and then back to exFAT right before adding the games. I might try leaving it at FAT32 and seeing if that helps.

Last edited:

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
bleemsyncui.com isn't loading at all for me. Tried removing the HDMI cord (which is one weird fix I found online) and still nothing. Anyone have any other ideas?

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to hack the psclassic yesterday using an old 4gb flashdrive. It is not much. Now I will wait for the 1.1 release to use otg and with it be able to use any flashdrive.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
So this thread has been almost dormant for a week. Is anyone actually using their PSCs? I feel so gutted by this whole thing really. First the line up of games and the terrible PAL + emulation game issues.. Then the ray of hope that the thing gets blown open. I end up getting one and putting my childhood library of games on it... Only to find it just cannot emulate things at an acceptable speed. Yeah, the thing runs games, but I've to got the address the elephant in the room - It is simply not up to the task. I don't care whether it's the retroarch core, stock, whatever - either way it can't cut it. Tony hawks 2 plays like it's in slow motion. Destruction Derby is like wading through treacle. Ridge racer revolution is more like matrix revolutions with the constant bullet time speeds.

Such a huge disappointment. The bottom line is it's just not fun and definitely not a viable way of playing the PS1 library.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this thread has been almost dormant for a week. Is anyone actually using their PSCs? I feel so gutted by this whole thing really. First the line up of games and the terrible PAL + emulation game issues.. Then the ray of hope that the thing gets blown open. I end up getting one and putting my childhood library of games on it... Only to find it just cannot emulate things at an acceptable speed. Yeah, the thing runs games, but I've to got the address the elephant in the room - It is simply not up to the task. I don't care whether it's the retroarch core, stock, whatever - either way it can't cut it. Tony hawks 2 plays like it's in slow motion. Destruction Derby is like wading through treacle. Ridge racer revolution is more like matrix revolutions with the constant bullet time speeds.

Such a huge disappointment. The bottom line is it's just not fun and definitely not a viable way of playing the PS1 library.

Well I pretty much put it on hold after finishing Xenogears on it. Having a game breaking bug that forced me to transfer my save on PC, get through the part, save and retransfer the whole thing to the PSC felt so turn off to me. I wanted to wait until Retroarch was integrated into the main UI, but still 1.0 seems like it's not the promised package everyone was waiting on, so I'm still waiting for a new version to come out eventually.

At least I can say that I spent almost 60 hours on the thing, which must be more time than what 90% of its userbase spent on it lol.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

I thought retroarch fixed the bad emulation?

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've been able to put about 100 games on there and have tested them all. They all seem to run fine on Bleemsync with some issues on a few games, but nothing like playing the PAL versions though. I haven't tried them on Retroarch yet but I might tonight.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I've been able to put about 100 games on there and have tested them all. They all seem to run fine on Bleemsync with some issues on a few games, but nothing like playing the PAL versions though. I haven't tried them on Retroarch yet but I might tonight.
Let us know how they run on retroarch. I thought it was a big improvement, I remember a blog post from a dev stating Tekken 3 run MUCH better on retroarch
I'm also awaiting 1.1 for that OTG goodness!
Looks like everything they want in 1.1 is working, so it won't be too long I hope

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly can't see where the complaints about speed are coming from - Everything that I've thrown at it runs at a near-solid 60fps (Even turning the frame counter on to confirm), regardless of it being on the stock emulator or RetroArch (In some instances, RA is a bit more cumbersome to get working properly)

Just waiting on the OTG and I'll be a happy camper

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I honestly can't see where the complaints about speed are coming from - Everything that I've thrown at it runs at a near-solid 60fps (Even turning the frame counter on to confirm), regardless of it being on the stock emulator or RetroArch (In some instances, RA is a bit more cumbersome to get working properly)

How's input lag? In tekken 3 on stock emulator it's crap.

Nov 13, 2017

Do you use the stock settings? Could you flash up tony hawks 2 and tell me what you use? It's honestly just such a bummer, noticably slow - I'd love to get it sorted

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing has made me feel older today than seeing people on here ask what Bleemcast was.
Reading this made me laugh. I know the feels too. I still remember being blown away that a recently released console could emulate the PS1 and with even better resolution. I was wondering how the PS2 could possibly top the Dreamcast even. Then the MGS2 e3 trailer dropped and everything changed

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Weird question maybe, but can I play games that have multiple discs with Bleemsync? Can I 'change discs' like you'd normally do? For instance a game like Chrono Cross that is on two discs (and thus on two bin files).

Jun 18, 2018
I keep looking at this thread, hoping for news of a replacement emulator but I'm starting to think I'm only in it for the case.

Does anyone out there have one of those Retro consoles that come stuffed with emulators and games, and if so, how do they stack up against this and as a way of playing PSOne titles on a HD tv?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep looking at this thread, hoping for news of a replacement emulator but I'm starting to think I'm only in it for the case.

Does anyone out there have one of those Retro consoles that come stuffed with emulators and games, and if so, how do they stack up against this and as a way of playing PSOne titles on a HD tv?
Like a Raspberry Pi? Yeah those are wonderful little machines that cannot not recommend, it needs some tinkering to have it all good to go but there's plenty of tutorial to help newcomers with that.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

There's already a replacement emulator. Retroarch can be used on this thing.

Any even approximate guess / rumblings for 1.1 dropping?

They're still fixing 1.0 so I suppose it's gonna take a while.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I read on discord that everything they want in 1.1 is ready but are still figuring out to put everything together and fix the bugs of course.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
It does, but I can't find anything to increase resolution like pixel doubling. Is it not implemented yet?
You can "enhance" the resolution like with the stock emulator: quick menu > options > enhanced resolution.

I'm not using it because i have the retroarch beetle core on my pc (i'm currently playing parasite eve on it).

I think the machine itself it's okeish: you can emulate pretty much everything at the native resolution, but if you want enhanced resolution with good performance thats another story (some games work really well with or without the auto frameskip, and others dont work at a stable 60fps unfortunately).

I see it more like a collectable, which i may use sometime as a nostalgia trip with family/friends, but its never going to be a substitute to retroarch on a regular pc to me (specially with the controllers being compatible with pc).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Got this recently during the $40 sale and AutoBleem 0.51 worked without a hitch. Seems to be a lot more easy to install games than on Bleemsync. Just drag and drop! Anyways, PS1 emulation feels somewhat sluggish from my limited play time. I think it has a lot to do with it being played on an HDTV; if only this thing can output to a CRT! Overall, happy I snagged it at the price I did.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Little disappointed by the fact that whatever version of PCSX autobleem uses, it has problems with SPUIRQ. Misadventures of Tron Bonne worked 95%, but it had audio cut out, and one scene caused a total softlock. Luckily it was easy enough to skip that scene but yeah... Thankfully not many games use that feature and the ones that do are usually a lot more forgiving (Metal Gear Solid for instance).

So far, I'm enjoying the box. It looks nice next to the SNES classic and I just need to eventually get an NES one to sit beside it.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Thanks, never saw the option. Retroarch's menus are confusing, I'll give it a try.

Do you know if there are any good and functional CRT filters that run well on this console?

I remember those filters were too taxing for a raspberry pi.

edit: It's working well, thanks.

Last edited:

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone getting good results with the enhanced resolution in Retroarch? I was playing with that last night, as well as turning on the speed hack and getting weird glitchy results. It definitely looks nice, but I also get some bad slowdown during cutscenes in games like MGS and Vagrant Story.