• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
That's excellent.

I don't even own the system yet, but told myself I would as soon as it became simple enough to add my own games. As such I'm out of touch with what Bleemsync even is, but sounds like it's time to do some research and keep an eye out.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I will absolutely be hacking mine once 1.0 comes out. Can't wait. In the meantime, does anyone have a link (amazon preferably) to a recommended OTG adapter? I think I need one that will plug into the back of the PS Classic to split power and ability to plug in a usb drive. But I'm not sure which one to get. Would appreciate a suggestion. Thanks!

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
I will absolutely be hacking mine once 1.0 comes out. Can't wait. In the meantime, does anyone have a link (amazon preferably) to a recommended OTG adapter? I think I need one that will plug into the back of the PS Classic to split power and ability to plug in a usb drive. But I'm not sure which one to get. Would appreciate a suggestion. Thanks!
Bleemsync devs said they would publish a list of known-good OTG adapters once the functionality is live. IIRC, they said OTG support wouldn't be implemented until at least 1.1 though, so sit tight on it

Nov 13, 2017
Admittedly I've not been keeping up, but where are things at right now in terms of hacking this thing being a fairly straight forward, comfortable process?

As someone who's just looked into this tonight, i would definitely hold off. It's been a giant waste of time and will pick up again when 1.0 drops. Fingers crossed its soon, I got my psc at Xmas due to the understanding that 1.0 was hitting on new years day...!

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's just looked into this tonight, i would definitely hold off. It's been a giant waste of time and will pick up again when 1.0 drops. Fingers crossed its soon, I got my psc at Xmas due to the understanding that 1.0 was hitting on new years day...!

I'm right there with you, same

Personally though, I'm glad it's been held back and will be more feature rich

Mad props to the creator(s) behind this

Nov 13, 2017
Just spent hours trying different memory sticks while i wait for 1.0 bleemsync to drop. Nothing works. Find an ancient 16gb stick, think fuck it and try it. Fuckin hell, it's booting up. Nice. Fill it with my favourites from my collection and boot that bad boy up.......... nothing. Doesn't boot. Fuck sake.

After forgetting about it for a few hours I come back to it and think maybe I was a bit hasty and get rid of a few games, trim it down to about 15. After about 3 mins of it hanging on start up it springs into life! Its working!! FINALLY. What to try first? Some fucking sexy 60fps ridge racer turbo disk, why not. Boot that fucker up. Get into the game...... It's laggy as all hell. 60fps my ass, slow motion 30fps.

And that's enough PS classic for me. May be back when 1.0 drops. What a waste of time today has been, this little grey box of goat shit owes me a Saturday.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just spent hours trying different memory sticks while i wait for 1.0 bleemsync to drop. Nothing works. Find an ancient 16gb stick, think fuck it and try it. Fuckin hell, it's booting up. Nice. Fill it with my favourites from my collection and boot that bad boy up.......... nothing. Doesn't boot. Fuck sake.

After forgetting about it for a few hours I come back to it and think maybe I was a bit hasty and get rid of a few games, trim it down to about 15. After about 3 mins of it hanging on start up it springs into life! Its working!! FINALLY. What to try first? Some fucking sexy 60fps ridge racer turbo disk, why not. Boot that fucker up. Get into the game...... It's laggy as all hell. 60fps my ass, slow motion 30fps.

And that's enough PS classic for me. May be back when 1.0 drops. What a waste of time today has been, this little grey box of goat shit owes me a Saturday.

lol... you could've saved yourself a lot of time just using the compatibility charts they've got running over on the PS Classic reddit. That was the first thing I did before my PSC arrived and I had it up and running in about twenty minutes once I actually got started on it.

Nov 13, 2017
lol... you could've saved yourself a lot of time just using the compatibility charts they've got running over on the PS Classic reddit. That was the first thing I did before my PSC arrived and I had it up and running in about twenty minutes once I actually got started on it.
So you'd think.. The chart was a cluster fuck, of half a dozen memory sticks I used, only 2 were on the chart - one stick was down as working and it didn't. The other stick was down as not working and it did. Lmao

De-mon

Oct 27, 2017
Countdown, less than 48 hours.

FYI. A little explanation for radio silence at the weekend. Long story short, as we were piecing it together we realised we fucked up something at the 11th hour and between all the devs we tagged teams and spent the last 48 hours doing a mass bug crushing and coffee drinking-a-thon.

We just dropped the 1.0 pre-release with the supporters, testers and youtubers (for how-to video purposes) for 48 hours before the general release.

We will be spending the next 48 hours hot fixing anything that arises on the spot for release noon this Wednesday (GMT)

After that we will likely spend the first couple days bug fixing then you will find us down the pub.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
images

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems kind of... unnecessary for these guys to be seemingly busting their balls so hard to get this update ready. If it's just something they're doing in their spare time why panic about getting it ready quickly? Not like they owe anyone who'll be using it anything. Quite the opposite in fact.

Props to them for taking it seriously though, obviously.

So you'd think.. The chart was a cluster fuck, of half a dozen memory sticks I used, only 2 were on the chart - one stick was down as working and it didn't. The other stick was down as not working and it did. Lmao

Really? Shit... guess I lucked out on my first try then. I just bought the first one that was said to work that I knew I could get from a high street store.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So we can't replace the PAL versions of games on the PS Classic? For example, I want the NTSC version of Tekken 3 instead of the PAL one that was included.

I also know that there is a loophole to change the fps with certain keyboards connected through USB, so there is that.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So we can't replace the PAL versions of games on the PS Classic? For example, I want the NTSC version of Tekken 3 instead of the PAL one that was included.

I also know that there is a loophole to change the fps with certain keyboards connected through USB, so there is that.

You can't directly delete and replace, but this is from the release notes from today

• Included patch pack for stock 20 games to run at full speed if launched via RetroArch PCSX from either stock UI or playlist.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like 1.0 is a mess and I'd rather not deal with the headache. My current usb stick works well and I've got everything organized with the correct artwork, but apparently in 1.0 the same stick doesn't work.

It's a shame this is so buggy because I was looking forward to it. Honestly 0.41 might just be what I stick with, it's good enough and the extra boot time doesn't bother me. Just wish rumble worked for dual shock 4.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

Looks like there's some behind the scenes drama.

I'm trying out 1.0. It isn't a huge change, but I've had a few minor issues. I'm currently reinstalling my games through the web GUI

Oct 27, 2017
I read of some people complaining about this so called "piece of shit" update.

So ungrateful and honestly infuriating.

It says it's a beta, doesn't it? People can expect some bugs, even some major bugs and everything they do with their ps classic should be done with caution. It isn't developers fault, they tested it for a couple of days in a private beta and found no relevant bugs, but more and more are coming out now that is a public beta. That is completely understandable and i don't even know why there is the need to put a video saying "i won't do a Bleemsync 1.0 tutorial".

Why the drama? I simply don't understand.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I read of some people complaining about this so called "piece of shit" update.

So ungrateful and honestly infuriating.

It says it's a beta, doesn't it? People can expect some bugs, even some major bugs and everything they do with their ps classic should be done with caution. It isn't developers fault, they tested it for a couple of days in a private beta and found no relevant bugs, but more and more are coming out now that is a public beta. That is completely understandable and i don't even know why there is the need to put a video saying "i won't do a Bleemsync 1.0 tutorial".

Why the drama? I simply don't understand.

1) it's a Beta
2) the written guides provided outline it all quite nicely
3) no, they didn't 'have' to get it out the door but they set a rough date, life got in the way, it's been a few weeks so they wanted to get a beta out at least

The shitting on the guy is unacceptable and that 'I won't be doing...' video is just plain ridiculous on the melodrama

Try it, have a look and stay on 0.4.1 if you don't like it but Christ give the guy a break

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
1.0 worked perfectly fine for me last night - The only thing I would've liked to have seen was a bit more documentation on a couple of things.

• To access the web interface if you're booting straight into the stock UI, boot it up without an HDMI cable attached
  • To get into the settings menu within RetroArch (even if launching from the stock UI), hit Select & Start
  • Multi-Disc compatibility/guide
Maybe some more detailed error messages when uploading games - Had a couple of instances where I had to manually name things but they didn't get uploaded due to the date format.

Other than the above, it's been a simple and straightforward process for me, added around 20 more games last night without issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Installed 1.0 yesterday. It was relatively straightforward -- I wish the web interface would report how much remaining space was available on the USB. MGS seems to perform w/ the same level of performance through the RetroArch core which is a little disappointing. I need to test Ridge Racer Type 4 more, but the menus are definitely more responsive now than w/ the stock emulator.

Nov 13, 2017
Just had a SanDisk arrive, supposed to work fine from the charts I've seen.. It's not recognised. For fuck sake. Can someone please recommend a 32gb or 64gb that actually definitely works?

Oct 25, 2017
Your stick might be in GBT instead of MBR. The ps classic can only read MBR. It's something you can change it to using disklist or.. probably disc manager too. I haven't hacked mine at this point, but I have followed the scene a little.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like there's some behind the scenes drama.

I'm trying out 1.0. It isn't a huge change, but I've had a few minor issues. I'm currently reinstalling my games through the web GUI

Sounds like Swingflip took control like Hakchi CE and punted out "his" 1.0 release.
Not that surprised, guy's got some weird thing with "branding" and public presence

I'll wait until the devs are confident with their release.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I went back to using the stock emulator last night - RetroArch from the stock UI was taking ages to load gamesand generally being a bit 'glitchy' when going back to it. I don't want to use the RetroArch UI, I quite like the stock one and would like it to "just work" as the stock one does. I can handle a little bit of slowdown and change the settings to double res etc if I need to manually for now...

Tinman

Nov 1, 2017
I got 1.0 working last night. I got all the way through the setup but couldn't load the UI in a browser until I disconnected the HDMI cable from the back of the PS Classic. I like the interface but I've nothing to compare it to. I didn't attempt any side loading until now. I was easily able to load the Suikoden and Ace Combat games.

I'm running the stock games from Retroarch aswell now. FF7 seems to run better, at least I can't hear any slow down with the music and the battle transition looks better. Ridge Racer type 4 also feels smoother but I don't know if that's just some sort of placebo effect. Has anyone done any comparison videos of performance?

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there is a setting where you can have the preloaded games not show up on the UI. Maybe I can just do that and use a rom for the same game that I know performs better to get around performance issues of some of the preloaded games (like MGS and FFVII).

Last edited:

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I'm running the stock games from Retroarch aswell now. FF7 seems to run better, at least I can't hear any slow down with the music and the battle transition looks better.
That's good to hear. Even though it was already installed, that's actually the game I'm most interested in playing! Excited to add scanline overlays and (especially) d-pad-to-stick mapping, assuming that's possible with a Dualshock 3/4. Hope there are no game-breaking bugs during the playthrough.

Tinman

Nov 1, 2017
That's good to hear. Even though it was already installed, that's actually the game I'm most interested in playing! Excited to add scanline overlays and (especially) d-pad-to-stick mapping, assuming that's possible with a Dualshock 3/4. Hope there are no game-breaking bugs during the playthrough.

Oh yes, the scan lines shader in Retroarch is a really nice touch to the visuals.
That being said the last time I played through FF VII was on the PC with the "Beacause" translation. Going back to the original text is difficult. I'm trying to get my hands on a .pbp version with the retranslation imbedded

Nov 13, 2017
Your stick might be in GBT instead of MBR. The ps classic can only read MBR. It's something you can change it to using disklist or.. probably disc manager too. I haven't hacked mine at this point, but I have followed the scene a little.

Just seen this, yep it's MBR.

I've brought 3 different sticks now which 'work' according to the spreadsheets around the web and none of them work. Sadly, I'm done with this, it's too much money to keep wasting on premium sticks when it's clear that unfortunetly theres a lottery as to whether any given stick is going to boot or not. I know I'm doing the correct process because I've got an ancient 16gb stick which does work, but it's performance is unusable.

Anyone looking into this, I would seriously take anything regarding USB compatibility with a huge pinch of salt.

Oct 25, 2017
Just seen this, yep it's MBR.

I've brought 3 different sticks now which 'work' according to the spreadsheets around the web and none of them work. Sadly, I'm done with this, it's too much money to keep wasting on premium sticks when it's clear that unfortunetly theres a lottery as to whether any given stick is going to boot or not. I know I'm doing the correct process because I've got an ancient 16gb stick which does work, but it's performance is unusable.

Anyone looking into this, I would seriously take anything regarding USB compatibility with a huge pinch of salt.
I think that If you get a powered usb hub it should fix the compatibility issues since most of them stem from the usb drawing too much power (no promises though)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this been asked already! I'm all set up with Bleemsync 1.0 with two controllers all working lovely and everything. But what happens if I put a NTSC version of Tekken 3 on my PSC? Will it overwrite the PAL version that's on there already? Or will I have two Tekken 3 entries on the menu?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry y'all, I totally forgot to check Bleemsync's progress and my thread in the last two days. Will update my OP in a few.

EDIT: Oh...sounds like it's still a beta with so so feedback. I'll let it mature a bit more then, will stick to my actual version, it's not like it does a bad job anyway. Also, can you remove the MMC splash screen that appears on boot?

Last edited: