• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Did you try plugging it in with an externally-powered USB hub? The 100ma amperage limit on the front ports I think results in a lot of "this stick is not a match" when really it just needs the extra juice. If you find it works with a hub and you have a conductive pen or soldering iron you can short a couple tiny resistors inside the PSC to remove that limitation and ditch the hub.
I was trying to avoid having to buy a USB hub, and I don't have any soldering experience or tools, anyhow. Oh well.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Did you try plugging it in with an externally-powered USB hub? The 100ma amperage limit on the front ports I think results in a lot of "this stick is not a match" when really it just needs the extra juice. If you find it works with a hub and you have a conductive pen or soldering iron you can short a couple tiny resistors inside the PSC to remove that limitation and ditch the hub.

can you thow a link at me please for said shorting resistors guide on the PSC

Sephiroth87

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone, just got my PSC today, and was playing around with the stock games when I noticed that in many occasions, stuff that should be black, it's not really black, for example here
Tyij7on.jpg
. Is it just bad emulation on the stock emulator? Or something wrong with my tv? I tried messing with its options but nothing seemed to fix it...

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Classic can accept 3rd party controllers? Or in other words what's the best way to use a dual shock with this thing?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the Classic can accept 3rd party controllers? Or in other words what's the best way to use a dual shock with this thing?
Dualshock works if you buy the 8BitDo adapter thing, otherwise you can hack it and Retroarch has compatibility but I'm not sure if you still need a BT adapter, I would think so.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can anyone recommend a low profile 64gb usb stick compatible with this? I want a drive that doesn't stick out far from the console, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruz...d=1546043543&sr=8-9&keywords=64gb+flash+drive

I just bought the 3.0 version of that, apparently works well from the compatibility spreadsheet I found on the PSC Reddit. Using a Sandisk 32gb blade I found at Walmart for $5 right now that works great though.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Okay, weird. Finally got BleemSync to work, but I had to put the USB stick in controller slot 1 to get Bleemsync to boot. I have Dino Crisis up and running now.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, just got my PSC today, and was playing around with the stock games when I noticed that in many occasions, stuff that should be black, it's not really black, for example here . Is it just bad emulation on the stock emulator? Or something wrong with my tv? I tried messing with its options but nothing seemed to fix it...

Probably it's the black level. Ps classic only supports Complete or Full (Samsung calls it Full) black level. You probably have limited or Low as Samsung calls it.

Just guessing, i don't know if that's the real issue here.

Sephiroth87

Oct 26, 2017
Probably it's the black level. Ps classic only supports Complete or Full (Samsung calls it Full) black level. You probably have limited or Low as Samsung calls it.

Just guessing, i don't know if that's the real issue here.

Thank you, I thought I tried the black level setting but I guess I didn't...
The weird thing though is that to fix it I had to set my tv to Low, so maybe the PSC is also limited?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I bet retailers are cursing Sony this week

Customer: "Hi I bought this PS Classic last week at £89.99. I want to return it. You may as well leave it out because I suspect I want to repurchase it in 3 minutes. Wait...you have a new price of £49.99? Thank you!"

Sales person: "Sigh, the fifth one today" *looks at queue of customers getting edgy because they see it's a returns and may take a few minutes*

Customer: "Lol if it helps I'm only kidding, I don't wanna repurchase it"

Nov 30, 2017
I bet retailers are cursing Sony this week

Customer: "Hi I bought this PS Classic last week at £89.99. I want to return it. You may as well leave it out because I suspect I want to repurchase it in 3 minutes. Wait...you have a new price of £49.99? Thank you!"

Sales person: "Sigh, the fifth one today" *looks at queue of customers getting edgy because they see it's a returns and may take a few minutes*

Customer: "Lol if it helps I'm only kidding, I don't wanna repurchase it"

To me the funniest part of all this is the scalpers who got stuck with them.

As for retail, they will only take back an item at it's current value, at least in the US. If someone paid 89 and it's current value is 49 that's what they will get.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017

As for retail, they will only take back an item at it's current value, at least in the US. If someone paid 89 and it's current value is 49 that's what they will get.
Huh? If it's unopened and within the return period (extended for the holidays at most places), then they'll refund you what you paid for it. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Nov 30, 2017
Huh? If it's unopened and within the return period (extended for the holidays at most places), then they'll refund you what you paid for it. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Possibly. I've worked at three retail of different kinds. The three I worked at only gave refunds at current value.

Maybe different policies for different stores.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I think most places with the receipt you're getting what you paid for it. No receipt and you're getting the lowest price in the last 90 or so days.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017

I just returned my orders from Target, Old Navy and Bestbuy, all of which have different price now, and they refunded the amount I paid. Also I don't think those stores check the current price of the returned item at all. They scan your receipt, then scan your item, if the barcodes on both match then you get the paid amount back.

Nov 30, 2017
I just returned my orders from Target, Old Navy and Bestbuy, all of which have different price now, and they refunded the amount I paid. Also I don't think those stores check the current price of the returned item at all. They scan your receipt, then scan your item, if the barcodes on both match then you get the paid amount back.

Ok. Last post lol.

I was going to write up the policy about the large dept store I was GM at. It's not the topic though. Let's just say a lot of people got seriously angry at me because I had to enforce shitty return policies.

The others were short term and could have been cases of sale prices or no receipts.

On a personal note you should get what you pay. My post was mainly about scalpers anyway. There was a case where someone bought a lot of these and target was not taking them all back (not my post)

Again, it's not the topic and people should get what they pay.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK

Thanks Buddy I will take a look at this later.

In the meantime I got a USB hub from amazon and can confirm that it works fine with the PSC and Dualshock 3. Rumble works in MGS :)

The usb 3.0 hub that i bought from Amz UK - can be powered from a micro USB port which I did to give the DS3 the extra power to fire the rumble motors

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HMD70WS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried the same using the DS4 but so far cannot get rumble to work - even though i have seen several posts saying it works. Can anyone say for sure this is the case?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
HUe1Mbh.gif

Getting cleaner and cleaner.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
ok ive just been testing out the 8bitdo bluetooth adapter for the PSC and results are a little disappointing right now.

I have observed the following:

1) Adapter pairs up fine with DS4 and works in stock OS and games. But in MGS there is no rumble, even though the game supports it. In fact the vibration calibration option actually does not show up in the options menu with a DS4 connected. Its like the game does not recognise the DS4.
I retested MGS in RetroArch and same controller using the 8bitdo adapter connected to a hub and the vibration option test appears but no working rumble. Bah :(

2) Some games like Ape Escape in RA do not recognise the DS4 correctly and buttons are all messed up. You need to reassign buttons for the game to work. Bit pointless when the idea is plug n play

3) The adapter works well but as far as I can see no sign of DS4 with rumble support. Ive seen posts saying this is working for some, but im gona call bs on that until I see actual proof. Or im guessing RA will be updated at some point. Still the extra USB power is needed to powah rumble and my hub should be fine but my DS4 has never rumbled.

DS3 works as expected in MGS as i posted previously. I prefer the DS4 feel though if I am gona replay this gaming classic

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I have NES Classic, SNES Classic and PS Classic, which should I use to run PS1 games and with which emulator (Retroarch?)?

If the answer is not the PS Classic, then is there anything to use the PS Classic for emulation instead of the SNES Classic? I'm interested in PS1, PSP, Saturn etc. if they run well on PS Classic, but am also open to modding the SNES Classic if that will run games better

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
ok ive just been testing out the 8bitdo bluetooth adapter for the PSC and results are a little disappointing right now.

I have observed the following:

1) Adapter pairs up fine with DS4 and works in stock OS and games. But in MGS there is no rumble, even though the game supports it. In fact the vibration calibration option actually does not show up in the options menu with a DS4 connected. Its like the game does not recognise the DS4.
I retested MGS in RetroArch and same controller using the 8bitdo adapter connected to a hub and the vibration option test appears but no working rumble. Bah :(

2) Some games like Ape Escape in RA do not recognise the DS4 correctly and buttons are all messed up. You need to reassign buttons for the game to work. Bit pointless when the idea is plug n play

3) The adapter works well but as far as I can see no sign of DS4 with rumble support. Ive seen posts saying this is working for some, but im gona call bs on that until I see actual proof. Or im guessing RA will be updated at some point. Still the extra USB power is needed to powah rumble and my hub should be fine but my DS4 has never rumbled.

DS3 works as expected in MGS as i posted previously. I prefer the DS4 feel though if I am gona replay this gaming classic
So rumble with DS3 works in MGS even without hacking as long as you have the adapter? That might just convince me to use DS3 for PSC since I don't really play PS3 otherwise.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Got most of my disc collection on my PSC! I say most, since Breath of Fire III and IV don't run very well, unfortunately (Runs slower, and the music also plays much slower for whatever reason as well.) All in all though, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Can't wait to see if the Genesis mini next year actually ends up being okay.

Might be going to a little New Years Eve game night thing at a friend's house, so I'll probably get a USB hub so I can bring the Classic with me for multiplayer. Is it as finnicky with USB hubs as it is USB drives, or will most decent quality hubs do?

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
So rumble with DS3 works in MGS even without hacking as long as you have the adapter? That might just convince me to use DS3 for PSC since I don't really play PS3 otherwise.

No. So far I have it working through RA only and using a powered hub. DS3 is wired to the hub. I have not tested DS3 connected wireless to the adapter as that requires software to pair the adapter to the DS3, but its not up yet on the 8bitdo site - probably as this product is new. The switch version of this adapter has the software for download, but im not sure that is gona work. I may pm 8bitdo and ask.

So far I want to play MGS with DS4 with rumble but its a no go right now.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So the Bleemsync release that will be coming on New Years Day, does that also include Retroarch and everything as an all in one pack? You just need to use a USB stick?
And does it store the Resume Points/Memory Cards for added games on the USB stick as well? And more importantly, can those memory cards be backed up off the stick?

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for the new release its pretty tedious now imo trying to get all the games in

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Some updates about Bleemsync next version

It has been delayed a few days after New Years but it has more features too

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicmods/comments/ab6ho0/bleemsync_07_tentative_release_notes_ahead_of/

Holy crap, this sounds like a HUGE release! Run Retroarch games straight from the stock menu?! This is exactly what I wanted. I like the ability to disable the new Bleemsync menu as well. As cool as it is and as willing to support them as I am, I want to keep the experience as "stock" as possible

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This update looks to be excellent. Am i right in thinking once they unlock the rear micro usb port, you can plug it into a powered usb hub for power, usb hdd and controllers?
Not yet, they've said they need to flash that into the system, and it *should* be possible. Once that's doable then it's perfect. Use one of those OTG cables/adapters on the system, put storage in the back and use both front USB ports for controllers, you're laughing!

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This update looks to be excellent. Am i right in thinking once they unlock the rear micro usb port, you can plug it into a powered usb hub for power, usb hdd and controllers?

I think that's something they're working on.

I'm curious if the Stock UI Will now support DS4 via USB or not.

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Not really.

I have a Sony 4K and modded my PSC, using double resolution mode on most of the games. They look pretty good.
Sorry I should have stated I meant the out of the box version. I feel so bad for anyone not savvy enough to mod it and are stuck with that abomination. The games list is bearable, but the emulation quality is so so bad.