• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
OMG. I need a Tomba! release/remake/whatever! I LOVED that series. Now I am regretting on canceling my preorder for the PS classic. Lol.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So are these ISOS actually stored on the system, or is it just something in the code of the system that these are supported/were tested on the thing but the ISOS aren't actually on it?
It's INSANE that they didn't remove them if its the former

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck lol. Cant fucking wait to look at sony's face when they try to sell you this shit. They better release this shit for free today with an apology.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
ironic these are the games id rather play instead of what it comes with

Same. It's mad how little Sony really care about this hardware. Pure gimmick to get your money, riding off nostalgia. I wonder if those games are play or possibly modifiable to be playable? If so, 56 classic games is more appealing.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

You can't make this shit up EDIT: Well I guess you can.

Games actually aren't on the console then. Kind of sucks considering those 36 extra games would have been great.

Last edited:

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
They put it on there so you don't have to download them yourself, but didn't want to pay publishers for the licensing! Thank Sony! (lol)

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
That's crazy. I mean Sony have to know these things get pulled apart and examined with a microscope. They knew people would find these. I wonder what if anything will happen between some of these publishers and Sony.
-edit- nvm, they're not on the system.

Still, there's some way better games on that list that should have been on the Classic.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Imagine if Sony actually wanted to distribute them, but due to legal issues they weren't able to, then left them inside the console for hackers to enable them.

All part of the plan

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone wondering why, I'm going to guess that these are the games Sony wanted to have in the console, built it like that, but then licensing problems happened.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I was under the impression that these games aren't actually stored on the console, but are just in a list somewhere in the code (as if they were tested or something at some point).

It only has 16GB of storage so how would these be able to be there along side what actually is there?

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like Sony is saying "See, we wanted to give you a proper line up but couldn't because, uh, reasons".

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
seriously sony WTF.
this could have been GOAT level classic console if you had all these games in there. and they are even already installed. I cant believe this.

EDIT: ah the games are listed but not installed. then i guess these are the Vol 2&3 PSClassic.

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
This thing might be so half-arsed even Sony doesn't know what software the interns slapped into the console.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that these games aren't actually stored on the console, but are just in a list somewhere in the code (as if they were tested or something at some point).

It only has 16GB of storage so how would these be able to be there along side what actually is there?

16 GB is easily enough to store these games. PS1 ISO files were mostly 300 to 500MB in size for single disc games, games like Parasite Eve with video files usually filled CD's to their capacity but games with more real time content like Silent Hill would usually be around ~300 to 400 MB. They can very easily all be on the storage with more room to spare.

The tweet in the OP directly implies these files are downloaded and stored on the flash memory.

edit: OK looks like the guy clarified the games are not stored, just the meta data. My bad, but still 16 GB would be more than enough to house all these games.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so the games are on the playstation in full?
On some Capcom let's literally put dlc on the disc and make you pay for it?
This is a huge gaf

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
calm down folks - they can't physically be on there - do the math;

7000 / 56 = 125mb average per game.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm sorry but this absolutely sub amateur hour product legitimately soured me on Sony and damages my expectations for the PS5.

So, much, incompetence.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Going by that twitter thread, the games aren't on there, just menu entries for them.

Alright, this is a non-story then, other than the fact that they actually thought it was going to be legally possible to include an Electronic Arts made Harry Potter game on this thing at some point

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They're not stored into the console..

This console has already a shit ton of problems, there's no need to create fake news around it.