• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
PlayStation China held a press conference in Beijing today to announce seven new games.
It's part of the China Hero Project which is an initiative to fund and publish Chinese developed games for PS4 in China and Globally.

It was confirmed that Immortal Legacy and Hardcore Mecha are planned for a 2019 release. Project Boundary will get a beta soon. Lost Soul Aside will get new info later in the year.

The new games announced were-

Evotinction, a third-person "hack and stealth" game

RAN: Lost Islands, a cold-weapon survival game

Convallaria, a online game containing player-versus-enemy and player-versus-player elements

AI-LIMIT, an action RPG

F.I.S.T. (working title), a dieselpunk metroidvania game

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/dieselpunk-metroidvania-fist-announced-for-ps4

In Nightmare, a horror adventure game

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/horror-adventure-game-in-nightmare-announced-for-ps4

ANNO Mutantionem a cyberpunk action RPG

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/anno-mutantionem-joins-playstation-china-hero-project-lineup

Thanks to Gematsu for the videos and articles-

https://gematsu.com/

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They all look nice. AI-LIMIT and RAN: Lost Islands is good stuff for me :)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Are these releasing ONLY in China? Or developed in China for a primarily Chinese audience, but with international release? Interesting to see a Japanese company dive in with China. The sociopolitical implications interest me more than the games TBH haha

Edit: I reread the first sentence. My bad. In China and globally. Interesting...

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Are these releasing ONLY in China? Or developed in China for a primarily Chinese audience, but with international release? Interesting to see a Japanese company dive in with China. The sociopolitical implications interest me more than the games TBH haha

It's in the OP.....

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Convallaria, AI Limit, and the 2D games looked good to me. i didnt really care for the other games however.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
interesting...dont really know what to expect from chinese made games...anyone can give me any details? i dont think i've ever played a chinese game before outside of Alice Madness returns(does that count?)

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
This looks promising. Sure, it'll have a few misses but i can see the potential.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the look of FIST. The combat animations blend surprisingly well with the artstyle, and the boss has a neat design.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These looks interesting and much more enticing than the usual western AAA we get, the jank does it for me

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having massive deja vu right now. Could have sworn there was another PlayStation thing in China a few years ago where they announced a bunch of games — am I crazy? Did those release?

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really don't know what I'm more excited about, the "cold weapons" game, all the "player-versus-enemy and player-versus-player elements" or the discard Nier Automata.

That being said, apart from weird pitches and silly naming, some of these games look pretty promising. Nothing mind blowing, but a pretty intriguing showing.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having massive deja vu right now. Could have sworn there was another PlayStation thing in China a few years ago where they announced a bunch of games — am I crazy? Did those release?
This is their second one of these. Those games are still in development / some are this year, while others are undetermined.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Good stuff. Seems like chinese games are coming leaps and bounds graphically which is great. AI Limit in particular looked impressive

Jan 3, 2019
Wow, these look better than I expected. They might even get 2% of the China to buy PS4s now.

Anno Mutantionem and F.I.S.T look particularly good.

Last edited:

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
China is a complete unknown to me. I'm still hazy on the legality of game development and general creative culture in an authoritarian state. It's even weirder to me that these games are being out on console and not PC which I would imagine is the preference for Chinese gamers. Really peculiar from the West looking to the East.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
They all look like those Ps2 60-70 score Metacritic games.

I usually love those games.

Jan 3, 2019
Holy shit it's 682.
UPwIsxI.jpg

Love the art style, but is that even legal?

Last edited:

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, some of these games look pretty great! Really liking the look of AI-LIMIT. Hopefully I can play some of them soon.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
China seems the new eastern europe for Sony to produce AA, it can be good opportunities for locals studios. Behind the copy-past industry, a lot of weird but sometimes well-crafted games are already on mobile stores and Steam (there was a thread was about it recently).

Last edited: