• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it is not, what the hell

Taking precautions at the time of a globally declared health emergency is not "incredibly stupid". Believe it or not, there are things more important than video games.
You would think that would be understood.....sadly some ... yeah...
The reason the virus didnt spread to the west is due to us, in the 21 century, being aware of it and controlling it with measures like this. It's not being "overreactionary", its calling using science and logic to optimize the situation. I hate this site.
Sometimes i do to.... I smack my head literally with what some individuals are saying......
Makes them look insanely weak.
The flu is way more of a concern and has a way higher chance of being there, but still Sony shows up every other PAX East during flu season..
Is this a joke i don't know about or don't understand?

I usually read everything but I'm going to stop reading the first few pages but boy.....some of you. Weird!

McDomination

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Excessive Hostility, Modwhining, and Prior Ban for Hostility; Account in Junior Phase
Official Staff Communication
People are allowed to believe this is an overreaction from Sony, just like people are allowed to believe it's a good call. Attacking other members for not following your belief on the matter will not be tolerated and will be moderated accordingly

Am I allowed to believe that you're a fucking idiot?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think this is disappointing as other companies will be attending. Definitely seems to be an overreaction at this stage but any precautions are at least well intended I guess.

Also thanks for that above ^. Felt really intimidated about posting this for a while seeing how bad things got here.
You can be sure other companies are probably questioning whether they should attend or not as well. It's just that for many companies, they've already paid for their booth and they don't want to take the loss on that investment.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
People are allowed to believe this is an overreaction from Sony, just like people are allowed to believe it's a good call. Attacking other members for not following your belief on the matter will not be tolerated and will be moderated accordingly
really....

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Come on now, is this serious lol.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This ain't it chief.

LeonSPBR

Oct 25, 2017

Are you fucking kidding?

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
:\

I mean...this post will be considered mod-whining, but holy shit that's the worst staff post I've seen since this board's inception. This entire topic should be locked if that's the case.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

I'll follow global medical advice instead, those spreading misinformation should be highlighted and it's very concerning moderators don't see that as an issue when thousands are dying.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Aah, just the shot in the arm this thread needed.

Feb 8, 2018
Could see this being the reason why we're not going to see a PS5 reveal anytime soon. Nintendo has no excuse though, nobody can catch a virus over a fucking Direct!

The bloomberg "PS5 price" article might be a good read for you. They claim the virus isn't holding them back. How reliable that information is, is the other question.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
is this our "microtransactions to unlock Darth Vader reward the player"?

hahahahahahah i can't believe my eyes.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

when hardware manufacturers start delaying releases soon, this is gonna look so weird.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Because public health issues are a matter of personal belief!

HOLY SHIT.

Key considerations for repatriation and quarantine of travellers in relation to the outbreak of novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV

On 30th January 2020, the WHO Director General has declared the outbreak of novel coronavirus 2019- nCoV as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), based on the advice of the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2005) . Following that determination...

Health measures related to international traffic
The current outbreak originated in Wuhan city, which is a major domestic and international transport hub. Given the large population movements, and the observed human to human transmission, it is not unexpected that new confirmed cases will continue to appear in other areas and countries. With the information currently available for the novel coronavirus, WHO advises that measures to limit the risk of exportation or importation of the disease should be implemented, without unnecessary restrictions of international traffic.

What consists of "unnecessary restrictions of international traffic" might be up for debate. Some think it means cancelling all global/international events, some obviously think that's going too far.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

I would like to request you reconsider this post.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

qkems1b.gif

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Lol what the fuck is this post? A health crisis is a matter of personal belief now? This is anti-vax levels of thinking.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
while it's impossible to argue that itwasmeanttobe is awful at posting to a truly spectacular degree, i don't think he's coming from a particularly contrarian or unempathetic place here.

we've lived through several of these media fueled virus scares at this point, most, if not all, of which were made out to be worse than they ended up being.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
What on earth is that statement supposed to even mean? "following your belief"? Is a virus religious now, or is the danger of contagion on international events just some kind of opinion?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably better for this thread to close and moved back to the official coronavirus OT for discussion

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if that is the best this boards moderation policies can achieve with this topic, then this thread (and all other threads related to global public health crises) should just be locked and replaced with advertisements for homeopathy and colloidal silver.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017

Respectfully, there are arguments in here that are coming from a place of bad faith.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
LOL best staff post on the site. Also I believe sony just didnt want to show because they secretly hate their fans and don't want to tell them anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.