• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, we should close grocery stores and force people to order all their food via delivery.

We should also warn against parties.

Should close schools too imo, the kids are very dirty.
I know what you are doing but I'll break it down anyone just in case anyone agrees with you.

1. People from all of the world aren't flying in to use your local grocery store or go to your party.

2. Schools do close in case of outbreaks and don't let kids come if they are seriously sick.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I have a badge for Thursday, but I may try to sell it or not go at this time. Looking over the playable games (the main draw for me), mostly everything I was interested in was at Sony's booths. With them not attending, and this causing me to be even further worried about getting the usual con crud, eh...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, are we gonna see the PS5...ever? They pulled out of this and E3, and don't seem to have much in terms of their own events

...Wondercon? SDCC?

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
We're so sad to have to miss PAX East! We were really looking forward to meeting you and seeing your reactions to the demo. Although we know this makes the wait until May 29 a bit harder, we appreciate your understanding. Don't worry, we'll have more to share closer to launch.

twitter.com

Naughty Dog on Twitter

“We’re so sad to have to miss PAX East! We were really looking forward to meeting you and seeing your reactions to the demo. Although we know this makes the wait until May 29 a bit harder, we appreciate your understanding. Don’t worry, we’ll have more to share closer to launch...

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
i honestly can't even imagine a world in which a company as large as Sony doesn't have an ulterior motive for a decision like this

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Then their employees shouldn't go to work at all since the chances of them dieing in a car crash is magnitudes higher than them dieing to coronavirus.

I think events being cancelled in the US due to virus scares are over reactionary.

And if the event takes place and then people get infected during it you'll be the 1st to argue that it was irresponsible to do such type of event in current time, and taking all the risk only for videogames is a shame.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Come on guys, Sony aren't dumb. You can call them names etc if they start claiming that vaccination is bad. The coronavirus doesn't seem to be more lethal than the flu if I've understood it correct (you're welcome to correct me if I'm wrong here.) But better safe than sorry.

Edit: it's more lethal than the flu.

Last edited:

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look, I get the concern I really do.

But this is just becoming too ironic and Sony is starting to become a meme. I honestly think there is more internal turmoil internally than what we are aware of; especially with the PS5.

I respect their decision on this but I doubt them pulling out in its entirety is because of the covid 19, but it is the easiest way to pull out from the event with the least amount of PR damage.

Why dont they go all digital for the event ? Provisions can be made and adapted and there is no reason they cant "attend" via this method.
Well it was only a matter of time before this type of comment was posted...

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Look, I get the concern I really do.

But this is just becoming too ironic and Sony is starting to become a meme. I honestly think there is more internal turmoil internally than what we are aware of; especially with the PS5.

I respect their decision on this but I doubt them pulling out in its entirety is because of the covid 19, but it is the easiest way to pull out from the event with the least amount of PR damage.

Why dont they go all digital for the event ? Provisions can be made and adapted and there is no reason they cant "attend" via this method.
Lol. Sony as a company pulled out of MWC 2020 before the whole event got cancelled due to the coronavirus. Do you think they pulled out of a phone conference because of some internal turmoil with the PS5 too?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Some people in this thread have either huge issues in comprehending basic correlations or should revalidate their morals.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Come on guys, Sony aren't dumb. You can call them names etc if they start claiming that vaccination is bad. The coronavirus doesn't seem to be more lethal than the flu if I've understood it correct (you're welcome to correct me if I'm wrong here.) But better safe than sorry.

As far as I know you're incorrect. I believe the current number puts the mortality rate at around 2% and as far as I know the flu is way under 1%.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Do you think that the people who are hyping up this virus as the end of the world drive cars or drink alcohol.

Or eat lots of sugar.

Do they view health as the end all be all or have they watched too much CNN and too many zombie movies.
Whatever you're arguing is not sticking so I think you should just step away from this thread. Concerns about racism over wife does not equate to making sure the virus doesn't get a chance to spread.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The thing with Alex saying 'well there's only one recorded case in Boston etc' just doesn't seem that relevant with a disease which has a long incubation period and can have asymptomatic carriers.

We all know how easy it is to get sick at these trade shows. That whistleblower doctor who died was like 31 or something. That's my age, so I ain't going to fuck around with that.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The fact people trying console war angles with this shit infuriates me like only fucking games matter

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I read earlier in the thread that PAX is upholding their no refund policy.
What the fuck? That's not right, super scummy. Imagine if you paid to go to a music festival and the headline band said they didn't want to play and they were the reason you bought a ticket and not being able to get a refund. I hope people go after whoever organizes pax for that and they have to change it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Why in God's name would they be lying about it? Seriously not everything is a conspiracy and not everything is nefarious. Seriously take a Step back.
Hypothetically, they could have hit any number of issues compromising a potiential PAX East show, and could use this as an excuse without actually being concerned about the virus. Because they aren't *wrong* to avoid the show, but they are also the only ones exhibiting such caution - which makes their excuse potientially suspect.

Personally, I believe the pullout is coronavirus related - I also don't think people are wild to doubt Sony's story here.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
That would be a great gesture that would show compassion and appreciation for the fans. I doubt they do it though.
Problem is that people will datamine demos that get downloaded onto their systems and leak stuff. Limiting them to tightly-secured trade shows heavily reduces the risk of that happening.

There also often isn't time to properly test or optimise trade show demos, and they could fall apart if played and poked with for too long.

Dec 12, 2017
I know what you are doing but I'll break it down anyone just in case anyone agrees with you.

1. People from all of the world aren't flying in to use your local grocery store or go to your party.

2. Schools do close in case of outbreaks and don't let kids come if they are seriously sick.
I travel to the UK every week from CA to get some branston pickle....

Status
Not open for further replies.