• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that Sony did not issue a clarifying response after the guy basically wrote off Middle East as uncivilized wasteland tells me that Sony is completely detached from consumer. He should have been fired after that blunder. But now he makes another one. But this one is less of a blunder and more of a deliberate email about a very important human rights topic to an entire division. I really hope Sony responds or he steps down.

brjuntinaar

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling in a sensitive thread, account in junior phase
I have no idea what universe I am living in where it is now a bad thing to say that you respect other people's different opinion. Doing so is literally the only rule for successful communication. In order to have a conversation with others, I have to begin by respecting their right to state their opinion even if it disagrees with mine.

InResolute

Banned
Jan 21, 2022
I have no idea what universe I am living in where it is now a bad thing to say that you respect other people's different opinion. Doing so is literally the only rule for successful communication. In order to have a conversation with others, I have to begin by respecting their right to state their opinion even if it disagrees with mine.

I understand he wants to respect the opinions of those against abortion, but frankly, those people can go fuck themselves.

Dec 15, 2017
I gotta say that cleaning these bots out is good to see, can't believe people are trying to defend their favorite company going this far over Jim Ryan

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Not every opinion is worth respecting and I say that as someone who is tolerant. Excuse me for going with a extreme example, but would you respect Hitler opinion or the opinion of those defending Hitler opinion by saying "everyone has their views"? I never could.

This isn't meant to be a comparison btw. It's just to show that sometimes opinion are very bad and shouldn't be respected. Also people should sometimes take a stance instead of going with "respect other opinion pls".

Last edited:

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
User banned (1 week): Dismissive commentary about a sensitive subject
I will wait to see the email and not what someone saw cause this sounds really bad, probably is real but i will wait until the email leaks before making any statement here.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Ryan has always been a bit of a PR nightmare. His old gaming related quotes could be irritating or confusing, but this email about women's rights is actively disgusting and idiotic. I thought Sony was trending towards the progressive side of things in general, but with this guy as the president and CEO of SIE I guess that was mostly fake. Big yikes.

No kidding. This tool Jim Ryan was always clowned on for years in gaming forums and the likes. It was really surprising he of all the people there made it to the top. Probably an asshat behind the scenes politicer too

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I would sell my PS5, but that means it may go to someone who'll spend money in their ecosystem. I haven't touched mine for over a year, and I doubt I will anytime soon after this.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising hearing this from the guy who was also trying to sweep internal harassment of female employees under the rug a few months ago.

May 26, 2018

Intent to kill is not an opinion. It is the end of debate by the killer.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
You know the amazing part? All he had to do was fucking say nothing and he managed to screw that up. God damn, he is, like, the worst at communication. What the fuck is wrong with him?
I'd say a lot based on what you just said. He didn't have to say anything and still did, which can only mean he thinks his views on this topic are valid on normal.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and the State of Play spotlight being given to Hogwarts Legacy, Sony needs some serious shakeup. I really hope the gaming community don't allow this to be swept under the rug.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I don't even feel sad or disappointed. I'm just angry. It really frustrates me that a game company that I was a fan of since childhood has to be spearheaded by a complete asshat. It frustrates me that this leader has to soil the enjoyment of being excited for the future. I no longer trust him and my excitement for the future has sadly dwindled. I really hope he leaves or Sony restructures itself or something. I just hate that it came to this now.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Going right from "respect anti-abortionists" to "dogs are loyal" is some detached shit. I guess being that sort of person helped them reach the position they're in going by his peers Bobson Kotick and Yves Guillemont etc.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
This is somehow worse than the CEO at my wife's work sending out the "All Lives Matter" email before a day later retracting it. Then last year sending a "I think work from home should end, because I like looking at my secretary" email before retracting that one, too.
What the fuck? Seriously what is wrong with some people?

Glace

Banned
Dec 8, 2021
User banned (permanent): Troll account
I live in China but I never thought there would be a western board where people would get their accounts banned and suspended what simply disagreeing with the 'official' opinion. (and most likely simply for stating this my account will be banned or suspended)

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
There is no opinion to be had. You want to respect others opinions? There is only one option on the fucking board for you and it sure as hell isn't the one that criminalizes people's options.

This guy is the fucking worst and he shouldn't have been given the keys to Sony. I will say though, I do have much more awful opinions about what should happen to him that I'm glad he respects.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Ryan is such an unlikable dude. I know we shouldn't stan CEOs or executives or anything but MAN I miss the eras of Andrew House, Shawn Layden and Jack Tretton.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I live in China but I never thought there would be a western board where people would get their accounts banned and suspended what simply disagreeing with the 'official' opinion. (and most likely simply for stating this my account will be banned or suspended)
If your opinion is women are not able to decide what is best for their own bodies you aren't a part of civil society let alone an online community

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Jim Ryan is such an unlikable dude. I know we shouldn't stan CEOs or executives or anything but MAN I miss the eras of Andrew House, Shawn Layden and Jack Tretton.
At his best, Jim Ryan was just an unremarkable corporate suit. He really didn't have any interesting personality. He did crack a joke here or there but he just seemed to be a weird, awkward guy who didn't want to be there.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

the two opinions are women should have control of their bodies and women should be told by the government what to do with their body. One gives women rights an autonomy, one is about controlling and turning women into baby carrying pods. That is the difference.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not familiar with the gaming industry but I am with academia. This sort of stuff is pretty commonplace whenever there's like a majority movement within the workplace/institution that is progressive, e.g. anti-racism or anti-sexism. Inevitably you get a white person (usually a dude) with power who sends out a tone-deaf e-mail like this thinking they've solved everything while in reality symbolizing the very issue people are having with the company/institution
Reminds me of the Google Bro douche from years ago that posted a bunch of nonsense on a company resource and was justifiably shown the door.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we see a rapid apology for this bullshit tomorrow
you're just ultimately in the wrong place if you call supporting women's health and body autonomy an opinion. There's a right and wrong answer here.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Welp, It's time to ban terms or memes of him then if he's this kind of person. Why can't people stop revealing themselves to be evil people? It's sad and sickening. It's not hard to be a good person at all.
It is sickening and whenever I read these things I can only shake my head. The things woman for example have to put up with. How hard is it to treat people with respect and give them all the human rights everyone deserves?

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

What do you consider to be the "official" opinion here?

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Lot of trolls popping up. It's incredibly obvious as soon as you look at their message count or join date. Just report, don't feed em.