• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
What was even the context of this? Is this an issue at Sony? Or was he trying to prevent people outright from talking about the issue? Because if it's the latter, it's not even phrased in a way that prevents discussion.
He's doing that thing that conservatives like to do where they try to downplay their opposition to civil rights by framing it as "just an opinion"

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Jesus Chirst, Jim Ryan. If you have a "different opinion" on human rights, keep them to yourself. Don't make your employees (or anyone else, really) read this garbage.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This guy was already bad with his game opinions and how he thought play station needs to go in the way he wants.
Now he is also piece of shit that needs to be fired pronto.

I wonder what who helped him get there during the power struggle against Shawn.

Oct 26, 2017
Normally when this place dogpiles on Jim it's pretty cringeworthy and making mountains out of molehills.

But this idiocy from him is some grade A bullshit. Massive foot in mouth moment.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to have no idea why the hell this idiot was picked to take over. He just constantly shows himself to be an absolute fool of a man.

He needs to be shown the door yesterday.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I keep coming back to this, how fucking stupid can one man be. I really do hope they replace him. There has to be other people with similar business acumen at Sony that aren't are foot in the mouth stupid as Jim is.

Oct 30, 2017
Awful. "Very bad people on both sides" vibes. It's 2022 and human rights are a point of contention.

Also first saw this pop up on Reddit. The locked thread itself saddens me the state of discourse around this.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
this is why we need unions. not only to support workers but to spite dumbass CEOs like this guy.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I keep coming back to this, how fucking stupid can one man be. I really do hope they replace him. There has to be other people with similar business acumen at Sony that aren't are foot in the mouth stupid as Jim is.

It's amazing how all of his controversies are all self-inflicted too.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
get jimbo out of there

put anyone else in his position

anyone

(not kotick)

put a women in his spot

someone with even a minor understanding about what their female employees are gonna be struggling with when RvW is eventually nuked

ANYONE with some fucking understanding of human rights

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how all of his controversies are all self-inflicted too.

He may be good at business and maybe that is why he got the job, but yeah, there are few CEO's that shoot their own foot more than Jim. The problem is that this sort of CEO is not good for the brand. The brand can take some hits, but this is just too much. At what point does Sony just have to step in and just get rid of this powder keg of incompetence

Jquail

Mar 2, 2021
My guy really hit send on that and thought it would go down differently? Sometimes I think Ryan gets too much shit for saying harmlessly dumb things, but this isn't harmless and so much worse than "dumb." Genuinely reprehensible and the kind of thing a satire of a horrible boss in a sketch show would send out.

Mindman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling over reproductive rights and bodily autonomy
Cancel him for being neutral, Era!! 😆

People can whatever opinion they want on any topic. Get over it.