• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Lmao. What a dumbass. All he had to do was stay quiet and don't say anything. He really couldn't helped himself huh?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
www.resetera.com

[Axios] Eight more women allege sexism at PlayStation, intensifying lawsuit News

Eight more women, former and current employees at Sony PlayStation, have added their accounts of sexist treatment to a proposed class-action lawsuit against the gaming giant. Why it matters: The new declarations add to former IT security analyst Emma Majo's assertion that PlayStation, like many...

This here the thread so anyone can understand more about the lawsuit, maybe not related, but this tells something very wrong about the company. This is a second time today I shared thread link both are related to sony, sad thing for me tbh.

quoting this for visibility

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
That dog quote is very illuminating. Hopefully Sony dumps this bozo asap, and replaces his with someone who doesn't believe Women's bodily autonomy is a matter of opinion.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Unless I'm misunderstanding the article, email says something like "hey, some people are pro abortion, others against it, we gotta live with each other. btw, my cat's birthday was a lot of fun!"
This is outrage worthy?
This is you speculating on what his potential intent with the email was. That should tell you everything about the quality of this email

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding the article, email says something like "hey, some people are pro abortion, others against it, we gotta live with each other. btw, my cat's birthday was a lot of fun!"
This is outrage worthy?
yeah that was my initial thought. I did not expect 11 pages so soon over this. but he didn't really have to make a statement at all and it seems most everyone is upset about it, so it must have been a mistake.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So did he see the overwhelmingly positive press that Bungie -- the company they just purchased -- received last week and decide, "You know what? I'm gonna do the exact opposite of that."

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Using dogs as a heavy-handed analogy to the sort of employee he wants: one who knows their place and does what they're supposed to do with no distractions such as opinions on abortion rights.

Fucking disgusting.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
How can anyone be against abortion? Is it a religious thing? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Makes even less sense how anyone in a position like him can say anything like this, even if he believes it himself. In this day and age, nothing is kept secret, especially huge dumb shit like this.
For some, yes. For the people making the actual decisions It's more about keeping poor people poor.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
yeah that was my initial thought. I did not expect 11 pages so soon over this. but he didn't really have to make a statement and it seems most everyone is upset about it, so it must have been a mistake.

This isn't a confusing situation and it has been explained in this thread already.

This is not a 'both sides' issue. If your opinion is that a woman should not have the right to an abortion, you are on the wrong side.

Primeau31

Nov 18, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Console warring in a sensitive thread
and people will still tell you Jim Ryan has a plan for PlayStation and he knows what he's doing with a straight face after reading this absolute nonsense email.

I'm no longer chalking up the fact that they have 0 major 1st party game announcements in 8 months and none with release dates to COVID or "they're waiting for the right time to do a big show!!", this guy is fucking clueless and inept.

Get him out. out out out out out out.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even just about forced birth. If you are a women with an ectopic pregnancy (hint: it's nonviable and never will be), you will DIE in these states because the procedure for removal is an abortion.
But please, let's just call it a "difference of opinion".

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you're some idiot who wants to mewl about how rough it is for anti-choice to find some noncommittal center, the idea that reading about your boss's cats and wishes to get a dog is meant to be soothing is just hilariously stupid.

hmp

Mar 29, 2022
and people will still tell you Jim Ryan has a plan for PlayStation and he knows what he's doing with a straight face after reading this absolute nonsense email.

I'm no longer chalking up the fact that they have 0 major 1st party game announcements in 8 months and none with release dates to COVID or "they're waiting for the right time to do a big show!!", this guy is fucking clueless and inept.

For the love of god, shut the fuck up. This is a serious issue and not related to you crying about video games not being shown

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
By "retract", do you mean they sent a follow-up apology email or they literally just told IT to recall the email? If it's the latter, they are absolutely clueless idiots.
The first retraction was an apology for being insensitive.
The second one wasn't an apology, but they then preserved the WFH policy to 2024 without addressing the laughably sexist shit he said.

Honestly I'm surprised it never got more coverage because this was one of the biggest employers in California.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Since he became CEO, the Playstation brand has taken some giant Ls. He's just not a good or inspiring face for the brand. He's a money guy, so I guess the shareholders like him a ton, but as a PS customer, he's always rubbed me the wrong way.

I far, far, far preferred Shawn Layden.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Man... This oddly doesn't feel surprising, but it's on another level to send this kind of email. The President of my present employer has some bad opinions, but he's at least never been dumb enough to include them in an email to the whole company.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
The man send out an e-mail talking down women's rights and people in here are talking about what he said about video games.
I'm losing my mind

Ah yes, the guy with two equally incorrect opinions: "some people don't like old video games" and "women shouldn't have control of their bodies".

Edit: just to be clear, I'm being very sarcastic.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
This is outrage worthy?

Uhh yes?

Trivializing a sensitive matter in 2 sentences, and then taking a about a cat In much more detail in the same breath is fucking tone deaf.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sick of this idiot. I love Playstation and their consoles have been my primary choice of gaming for a long time now, but Jim continues to make me rethink this with his embarrassing and out-of-touch comments. This comment in particular is really pathetic though and makes me hope Sony rethinks his leadership position soon.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

This post is almost as tone deaf as Jim Ryan's email.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god, shut the fuck up. This is a serious issue and not related to you crying about video games not being shown
Yep, getting bored by the absence of video games in your life don't quite stand in the same ballpark as not thinking woman have the right to live.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
"hey, some people are pro abortion, others against it, we gotta live with each other.

I'll focus on this since this is where most people are going to get angry.

Yes, people are pro and against. Here's the thing though: For the past 50 years, those Against have been living just fine. The government isn't busting down doors and forcing abortions on people.

So yea, "we gotta live with each other" is a true statement. But it ain't anyone else's business what individuals feel. It becomes an issue when they start forcing beliefs on others. And that's very much about to happen when RvW gets overturned.

And then he wants to "lighten the mood" by joking about pets. FFS.