• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The number of "what's wrong with what he said, that's exactly what he should say" replies I'm seeing on Twitter is embarrassing.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Meta is actively destroying democracies across the world and their execs are untouchable despite objection from staff before. Ppl still fawn over the latest news with Oculus for the gaming side. I think if that doesn't reach oust Zuckerberg or other execs level this won't. Not saying Jim wouldn't deserve it for such a dumb email (that part of me thinks HR probably wrote? I really have never seen an executive in my career that did write their own company wide emails tho he at least signed off on it so he must have seen it once) but I really doubt Jim will see ramifications in a world where Zuck, Kotick are becoming richer while doing awful things too

Not saying anything will happen but Zuckerberg founded Facebook and still owns 13% of the company. Unsure of his board seats/voting power.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
"One side wants to force women to give birth against their will even in cases of rape and incest. The other side doesn't. Can't we all just get along and watch some wholesome cat videos?"

FFS

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
fetchimage

Can his ass

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Of what? Kids are a HUGE drain on society and the economy, so i would think the government would be all for abortions.
Some people genuinely want women to have less rights.

Most people I know that are against abortion see it as a religious thing, or as a "accept the consequences" kind of thing. Theyre both fucked up in their own ways.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What a fucking terrible email. What a fucking douchebag.

I hope the rest of Sony/PlayStation push him out.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Jim Ryan's tenure at Playstation has been bad move after bad move and disaster after disaster. You never used to read stories like this about Sony before.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Jim Ryan really is something. Whenever he opens his mouth it causes PR problems and now he even pissed of his own employees.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Go fuck off into the sun. 🤦‍♂️

Why are people like this? I'll never get it.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Difference of opinion is fine for things like movies, music, food, etc. Not for fundamental human rights...wow.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How does a dog know their place? How do they have anything more than an incredibly limited sense of human-dog social relations? Does my neighbor's dog who always poops on the doormat know her place? I'm pretty sure she doesn't or she would go on the grass like all the other dogs.

In what way does that phrase make any logical sense other than as an incredibly cruel analogy?

Oct 27, 2017
Not saying anything will happen but Zuckerberg founded Facebook and still owns 13% of the company. Unsure of his board seats/voting power.
True, but the damage he's done to the world through at the very least negligence should warrant, you know, ignoring all of that despite any legality and putting him in prison. Sadly we let these hurdles stop us from holding people like him and Kotick accountable.

DinkyBox

Feb 21, 2021
I've been memeing on his quotes for some time. But this is just outright horrible. Get him out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
You also can't both sides abortion rights, especially if you have employees that may end up being impacted by this. Either you support abortion rights and will help pay for your employees travel to get them, or you don't support abortions and you're trying to gaslight since you know it isn't popular.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
i had to read the OP a few times to make sure the cats part was what i read it as.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
This man is just not qualified for the position. Someone needs to teach him the adage it's better to be thought of a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. He keeps proving it. Sending out this email with this content is completely pointless and can only serve to disappoint people.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I'm surprised. But man, I don't know how he can be so bad at this.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How does a dog know their place? How do they have anything more than an incredibly limited sense of human-dog social relations? Does my neighbor's dog who always poops on the doormat know her place? I'm pretty sure she doesn't or she would go on the grass like all the other dogs.

In what way does that phrase make any logical sense other than as an incredibly cruel analogy?

It doesn't and its probably completely unrelated. I get these dumb weekly exec emails from elderly execs all the time. It's always one line about something serious, then paragraphs about their weekend. With ours, it's usually sport they're going to watch.

Never had one this bad, obviously, but it's a tone I could see being used.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Can we just go ahead and fire the current leadership and bring back the 2013 team already? What the fuck Jim.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Sometimes it seems that Jim Ryan's intent is to burn to the ground the PlayStation brand and everything his predecessors strove for.

ichiban88

Banned
Sep 29, 2021
User banned (permanent): Troll account
I agree with most of you here. But I do have an honest question:
If there's a group of talented devs working on a game for years/months that either don't care for the subject (because of political ignorance, who knows, they are just focused on their careers) or are dumb to be against abortion and just don't want conflict in the office, what would be the right call? Let the discussion take over? Fire who's against/neutral?

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Had to put my phone down and check my vision to make sure I was reading that shit correctly

Jim you fucking idiot