• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
images
Hahahahah

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense that Death Stranding would win big in a PS-centric community lol.
Days Gone also came out this year so....

I'm kind of shocked Days Gone didn't get any votes. Ahh the blog...lol I missed that.

Who could possibly win for the PlayStation Blog awards?
The other games not PS4 exclusives that did? Of course exclusives have a chance to get picked more. I would think if the game was actually bad, or poorly received across the board it wouldn't get picked.

I also think recency bias is at play because Days Gone is missing completely.

My mistake, just checked the blog, lol. Days Gone did get some love.

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone was mentioned/nominated a fair number of times. Is that worth picking up? It looks kind of generic. I heard it was kind of boring and by the numbers but critical review consensus has been known to be wrong. What is ResetEra's opinion?
Seems pretty well liked among gamers. It is a bit on the generic side with Ubisoft towers, enemy camps, standard stealth/shooting/melee/crafting but I think it has a nice game flow with different story arcs unfolding successively, it succeeds in making you feel like there is a constant threat around you and it does have a couple of ideas of its own. Riding around on the bike is pretty fun and starting to take down the hordes late game when you are powerful enough can be pretty thrilling. You can tell that it's made by a smaller team than Naughty Dog and the cinematics can have slightly awkward transitions but I think the world building, acting and story are pretty good for a video game.

It's not something I will put in my top 50 games of all time but for a kind of generic open world game in 2019, I had a great time with it. Not an important game but a fun one in my opinion.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Most Anticipated Other Than The Last of Us Part II Because It's Already Won and Would Win Every Year in a Landslide Until It Comes Out: Cyberpunk 2077

Oh so that's the reason. I was just about to post about how suprising it was. Was FFVII Remake eligible?

Edit:

HAHAHAHA KH3 got narrative bronze thropy.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding winning 5 awards (including best overall PS4 game) and Kojima Productions winning "Best Studio" :)
Very nice!
Days Gone was mentioned/nominated a fair number of times. Is that worth picking up? It looks kind of generic. I heard it was kind of boring and by the numbers but critical review consensus has been known to be wrong. What is ResetEra's opinion?
Great game and my GOTY so far, together with Death Stranding.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
How is DS doing sales wise? Because making up some dumb GOTY contest and giving all the awards to one game does kinda look like "we would really like you to buy more of this".

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
There's gonna be a lot of salt if Death Stranding wins GOTY on this site lol

Currently on track to win the overall GOTY of 2019, so I wouldn't be surprised if it also won here. Not sure why people keep getting upset, make excuses, or start trolling campaigns whenever it wins anything. Fire Emblem was one of my favorite games this year yet it was basically ignored everywhere. Some people here need to grow up.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
How is DS doing sales wise? Because making up some dumb GOTY contest and giving all the awards to one game does kinda look like "we would really like you to buy more of this".

Won't know until Sony gives numbers. We have no idea about Days Gone either yet apparently it's sold over 6+ million. I'm guessing Death Stranding is at 2-3 million.