• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Despite this year's significantly shorter voting period — about a week, compared to the 2-3 weeks we usually give you — we actually got a similar turnout at the polls. Across all of this year's categories, we ended up with nearly a million votes!

You can check out the runner-ups in the blog.

Winners List:

Best Narrative: Death Stranding

Best Graphical Showcase: Death Stranding

Best Art Direction: Sekiro

Best Soundtrack: Death Stranding

Best Multiplayer: CoD: Modern Warfare

Best RPG: Kingdom Hearts 3

Best Action: Sekiro

Best Sports: Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Refueled

Best Ongoing: Final Fantasy 14

Best Indie: A Plague Tale: Innocence

Best PS Console Exclusive: Death Stranding

Best Performance: Norman Reedus

Best Moment: Mr. X Encounters (RE2 Remake)

Best PSVR Experience: No Man's Sky Beyond

Best PS4 Game: Death Stranding

Most Anticipated: Cyberpunk 2077

Studio of the Year: Kojima Productions

Last edited:

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lol best performance Norman Reedus, with
Tommie Earl Jenkins and Mads Mikkelsen in the same game

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best Multiplayer: CoD: Modern Warfare

giphy.gif

A pretty safe list other than that.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Before people start asking about most anticipated:

The Last of Us Part II won once already and is out of the competition.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Most Anticipated Other Than The Last of Us Part II Because It's Already Won and Would Win Every Year in a Landslide Until It Comes Out: Cyberpunk 2077

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
This is People's Choice in case you don't know. Also, fun fact: The Last of Us Part II wasn't available to vote as most anticipated game.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Would have gone with Shadowbringers over Death Stranding for narrative, but okay sure.

I can certainly see the rationale for that but Shadowbringers' problem will always be that you have to go through a base game and 2 large expansions (all three excellent themselves but not without some lull periods and repetition) to get to it, which is a legit turnoff for many people.

That being said, DS is an amazing experience and the story does push the game forward. The depth to it is pretty impressive as well.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I can certainly see the rationale for that but Shadowbringers' problem will always be that you have to go through a base game and 2 large expansions (all three excellent themselves but not without some lull periods and repetition) to get to it, which is a legit turnoff for many people.

That being said, DS is an amazing experience and the story does push the game forward. The depth to it is pretty impressive as well.

I can't really argue with that, especially with this being a fan vote. Fans certainly just couldn't jump in and experience Shadowbringers because FFXIV nutjobs like me tell them it's worth 200 hours getting there.

Fizz

Jul 15, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Days Gone was mentioned/nominated a fair number of times. Is that worth picking up? It looks kind of generic. I heard it was kind of boring and by the numbers but critical review consensus has been known to be wrong. What is ResetEra's opinion?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really my thing, but from what I understand this year's CoD Multi is supposed to be the best it's been in a long while.

Any, congrats to DS and all the others listed!

The consensus among regular CoD players is that it's an unbalanced mess, designed to favour passive gameplay, ignoring objectives and hand free kills to people who play bad. It's doing rounds among people who don't play CoD (anymore?) but most big streamers and pros are not into this loop at all. It's also universally regarded as the game with worst maps in like forever.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Best PS Console Exclusive: Death Stranding

Best PS4 Game: Death Stranding

Huh, that's weird.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding was a generational experience for sure. I'm still thinking about it regularly.