• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I got one. Saw the "Available from other sellers" link on mobile and immediately went through & got it.

... And now I have to feel a bit guilty over spending £450 on a console that I've already got...

Anyone want to trade with a boxed Anniversary system? ;)

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
It blatantly said currently available in big letters up the top, how is it logical to look for another smaller link that says available?

I'm just trying to figure out why some are saying it never became available...I was concentrating on where the 'perorder button' would appear. I had checked what an in stock item looked like just before 10am to conpcom the difference.

When it became available instead of being a couple of bright orange buttons it was one light yellow button, hence my comment.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just trying to figure out why some are saying it never became available...I was concentrating on where the 'perorder button' would appear. I had checked what an in stock item looked like just before 10am to conpcom the difference.

When it became available instead of being a couple of bright orange buttons it was one light yellow button, hence my comment.

I was refreshing the page every couple of seconds and it never showed up as available for me. As a matter of fact, I still have the option of notification of availability in green in my page. This only happens with there's no trigger of it ever being available.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Try the Netherlands, where they had "scavenger hunts" in major cities where you had to go to a location vaguely described by an app, get a password once you were in the designated area, and THEN find an undercover Playstation employee using weird cryptic directions again, tell him the password and THEN you won a PS4. Oh but you also had to be in cosplay (as a PlayStation character). They had like 5 units to give away in each city so maybe 50 for the entire country.

I'm still counting my blessings for winning one of those damn things. I remember there being a lot of backlash for this event because a lot of people won while wearing football jerseys saying they were cosplaying FIFA characters lol. The people who actually put effort into their costumes and were second to find the PlayStation employee, and saw the console being handed to people dressed normally were pissed. Add also the fact that the app barely worked, etc etc.

Feb 15, 2018

7384102.gif

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly thinking about refreshing the Amazon UK site a while longer for imminent duplicate order cancelations.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it was buried into some separate listing subpage judging by the comments. One of the richest companies in the world cannot correctly organise a product pre-order 2 days in a row.

It was buried in the main product page for the PS4 Pro. Awful. Shopto and Game had big banners on their homepages with a click through to the product page. Much better UX.

So, question for everyone that found that secret page. How do you do it ?

I went to my Amazon account cancelled orders section and clicked through to the original product page for it at 10am and it was available.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Same. Apparently the key was to look for the tiny 'Available from other sellers' button which we both missed.

Pretty logical really

Mine did change to pre order today and pre order now options but both just returned errors that it failed to add to basket and it then went back to unavailable. Amazon is just a joke when it comes to limited items pre orders.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Link posted earlier kept returning "Not available", or words to that effect, but a link appeared at bottom of page (on mobile) as available for £449 at about 10.02am.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
So, question for everyone that found that secret page. How do you do it ?
Someone posted a link to it in the "Cheap Arse Era | Europe" thread yesterday, so I began refreshing at 9:55 and it went live at 10am sharp.

Thing is, I didn't see a pre-order button until I returned to the product page a few minutes later. Instead, I saw a link that said "1 new from £449.99" or something like that, so I clicked it. I got the order confirmation email immediately as well. It went really smoothly, but I feel proper sorry for those who missed out because of the button / basket issue.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to my Amazon account cancelled orders section and clicked through to the original product page for it at 10am and it was available.

Someone posted a link to it in the "Cheap Arse Era | Europe" thread yesterday, so I began refreshing at 9:55 and it went live at 10am sharp.

Thing is, I didn't see a pre-order button until I returned to the product page a few minutes later. Instead, I saw a link that said "1 new from £449.99" or something like that, so I clicked it. I got the order confirmation email immediately as well. It went really smoothly, but I feel proper sorry for those who missed out because of the button / basket issue.
Ahhh. Gotcha.
I'll pay £600 max for one from a scalper -_-
Don't do that to yourself.
LOL. That's so true. I'm always amazed at people who pull that kind of shit.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017

I had it in my Wish list and it updated the price there. It was just my stupid fault using mobile as the option instead of starting from desktop mode immediately. Rookie mistake on my part.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Talked to a Game Mania employee here in the Netherlands. It seems each Game Mania shop only had 1 unit assigned to them.

I'm hoping my Bol.com pre-order still holds up.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm going to cancel my order with Smyths, I hate the way glossy consoles pick up so many scratches and I just last month replaced the thermal compound with liquid metal.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
It'll probably dip after the initial hype, then go up much later. There're more of these out there than the 20th Anniversary, and probably a lot more used too. Who really knows with these things.
I'm interested in a 20th Anniversary but prices too high. Don't see 'em dropping much below £600-£700. I guess 5-10 years down the line prices could rocket much higher so it's always a balance.

Seyob

Oct 30, 2017
I'm interested in a 20th Anniversary but prices too high. Don't see 'em dropping much below £600-£700. I guess 5-10 years down the line prices could rocket much higher so it's always a balance.
Doesn't CEX sell some for way less than that? I thought their website indicated as much

Feb 15, 2018

Just going anecdotally, but when there's a known quantity I don't think they're gonna spike in price a heap later on. What they're going for now should be their price for a while (which is still a big markup).

It's super rare games and consoles where do we don't exactly know how many copies are in the wild where the price could do anything (like Stadium Events for instance).

My 2 cents

Agamer92

Jan 12, 2018
Didn't know CEX was selling 20th Anniversary Edition , had a quick look and they have one in stock for £550.

Last edited: