• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
After I missed on the 20th, I don't even care. There has to be some middle ground between disappointment and a glut of product rotting on shelves.

Also, fuck glossy consoles.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how many Very got. I was just curious. If I hover over the product it says bought 100+, but don't know if this changes after 200 or not

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Screenshot_20180814-140258_Chrome.jpg
am I safe? highly likely they already cancelled all they want right?

Oct 28, 2017

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
After I missed on the 20th, I don't even care. There has to be some middle ground between disappointment and a glut of product rotting on shelves.

Also, fuck glossy consoles.
Yeah, unless you are living in a cleanroom (lab without dust), glossy consoles are the worst. They collect dust, you clean them, the surface gets scratched (even using micro fibre cloth).

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Already "pre-ordered" here in Malaysia. But I'm not counting on it until its in my hands.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been reading this thread, and it sounds like UK preorders go up at 10am today. Does anyone know when US preorders go live? For some reason I thought the US announcement said preorder on the 24th??

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...4-pro-commemorating-500-million-systems-sold/

Edit: added link, and the language is vague.
Is the release date the 24th? Because everything there makes it seem like no preorders, just order on the 24th (probably some random time), watch it sell out in a minute and then look at the ebay listings. They don't even tell you who is selling it and by the time sony put whatever links up on those pages it will be sold out, lol.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I'm curious as to how many each country got. My guess per region would be:

The Americas: 25-30k
Europe and UK: 15-20k
Asia and Australasia: 5-10k

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Yep very also cancelled orders, if yours says sorry not available in your order history it's been cancelled. That's my third order cancelled now from 3 retailers lol

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It would be interesting to find out of the 50.000 units worldwide, how many ERA members got their hands on this Limited Edition console.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
It would be interesting to find out of the 50.000 units worldwide, how many ERA members got their hands on this Limited Edition console.
Quite a few ERA members obtained the even more rare 20th anniversary console, I see the same happening this time around with a much more abundant limited edition.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I managed to snag one from Smyth's toy store. But recently I applied liquid metal and new thermal pads to the RAM chips. So I'll have to do it again.
Hopefully I can get are £300 for my Pro as they seem to be in short supply.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few ERA members obtained the even more rare 20th anniversary console, I see the same happening this time around with a much more abundant limited edition.

Step 1) Follow Wario64 on twitter and enable notifications
Step 2) Never sleep
Step 3) Wario64 take my energy

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty surprised it's sold out everywhere, the 20th anniversary one made sense because of nostalgia but this is just a blue see-through console. Are people just buying it because they think it's gonna be worth something ?

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
I managed to snag one from Smyth's toy store. But recently I applied liquid metal and new thermal pads to the RAM chips. So I'll have to do it again.
Hopefully I can get are £300 for my Pro as they seem to be in short supply.

Sorry to go a bit off topic here but did that help with the noise much?

Agamer92

Jan 12, 2018
Oh no hearing about curry cancellations. I had to reset my password before I could finish my basket.....guess I wait the email then

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty surprised it's sold out everywhere, the 20th anniversary one made sense because of nostalgia but this is just a blue see-through console. Are people just buying it because they think it's gonna be worth something ?
Why are you surprised? PlayStation consoles don't stay on the shelves for long as-is with standard non-limited consoles. A limited one such as this with camera + 2TB HDD + controller + stand won't last nearly as long as standard units on shelves.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017

Bit of everything. Videogames are an easy target for scalping. Soon as you read "limited edition" you pretty much expect scalpers are getting their bots ready. Especially Nintendo stuff, but examples like this for Non Nintendo are just as good pickings. It's easy to make a quick buck off of with little work. It's nothing new, really. Just means if you really want it, you need to bring your A game, or prepare for disappointment. Not just for games, it's for anything in demand - sneakers, Disney dolls, music, poster prints, figures, etc.

Personally, it's a dope looking console. I want one to use and one to keep sealed to just sell off when I'm ready to 5-10 years later. Greedy? Guess so. Would be fine with just one as well though.

Oct 28, 2017
My Very account is now showing as transferred back from Buy Now Pay Later. But can still track order. Hope that doesn't mean it's about to be cancelled.....

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I bagged a very order, but will try again tom with Amz UK. Anyone have any experience with Very for consoles? Which courier do they use

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I said it earlier and I'll say it now, Local indie gameshops do have some coming in.

I would call around and see, that's how I got mine.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Heh, huge balls up by Amz UK then. * Snip.

*Edit. Offensive comment removed. Sorry for slipup.

lol, i didn't report it but you're right it was a fuck up and a half by them.

My Smyths order was 9:58...I'm getting worried!!

It is rediculous that people are paying for Amazons cock up but then, technically I suffered because they sold out before they were supposed to even list it!

I just got lucky with Smyths as I was checking as it came up and got in before it crashed!

People are paying for the fuck up but also Amazon simply don't have that many consoles, if you look at a large retailer like Game for instance, they had a max of 1-10 per store. they are getting the lions share of the consoles apparently so say every store got 10, that would be 6900 so I would then imagine amazon to get around 3k maximum consoles maybe 4k, then the rest is split between indie stores Very and Currys

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
lol, i didn't report it but you're right it was a fuck up and a half by them.

People are paying for the fuck up but also Amazon simply don't have that many consoles, if you look at a large retailer like Game for instance, they had a max of 1-10 per store. they are getting the lions share of the consoles apparently so say every store got 10, that would be 6900 so I would then imagine amazon to get around 3k maximum consoles maybe 4k, then the rest is split between indie stores Very and Currys

Looks like many stores only got 1 or 2 though. Seems like small stores in the middle of nowhere though. Just basis this on their various twitter accounts.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I see there are people on eBay who listed their amazon U.K. orders.

Guess that backfired