• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Screenshot_20180814-195002_Chrome.jpg

still alive

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking Amazon.

Missed out twice on the 20th anniversary ones due to the Sony US store not sending it & cancelling without notice, and the ridiculous system they had for getting them, and now I'm going to miss out on this. Every man and their dog is going to be all over this tomorrow at 10 now.

Assholes.

Oct 28, 2017
Just got it from Very. THANK YOU! I need to go to their online chat now to ask to apply the discount code and apply Buy Now Pay Later. I was so fixed on getting it I didn't want to waste a second doing other bits. My heart was literally pounding lol

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
They could have done 50.000 limited numbered ones and a couple 100k regular ones. I would have still bought one because I don't care about the fact that it's so limited.
If they wanted to make a not-so-limited version, they would have. This is significantly more than the 20th anniversary edition that many people were able to get their hands on (including me), it seems like this time a lot more people are having success at obtaining this one (which makes sense since there's more than 4x the 20th anniversary one).

It's a truly limited edition, so not everyone will be able to get one, and that's just the reality of it.

HudsonD

Oct 28, 2017
Just got it from Very. THANK YOU! I need to go to their online chat now to ask to apply the discount code and apply Buy Now Pay Later. I was so fixed on getting it I didn't want to waste a second doing other bits. My heart was literally pounding lol

Yep, I'm on to the live chat now to get the discount added too, just wanted to get in processed ASAP!

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop Ireland has them in stock for pre order if anyone from the uk is interested. I think they do Europe too. Not so sure

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Well jelly you guys go through on Very again. Thought it was just a mistake, but still tried, and nope. ah well.

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I bagged one from Currys earlier, I dont know why though...I already have a Pro that I play on and have a brand new unboxed 20th anniversary console lying about

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did warn you guys about Amazon cancelling them all.

I spoke with Customer services earlier who couldn't help as it had gone to internal team...

Anyone still with an order may want to talk to them and know ahead of time if you're screwed

I bagged one from Currys earlier, I dont know why though...I already have a Pro that I play on and have a brand new unboxed 20th anniversary console lying about

Used my 20th anniversary and I'll use this one too.

Robbo3

Feb 22, 2018
Amazon UK have well had me over, they have sent me an email explaining my account was compromised so security have cancelled all my pending orders. Total nonsense by Amazon UK as I have ordered high value items in the past no problem. Disappointed that such a company can be doing this to their customers

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is based purely on the fact the order page was live well before 10am so people jumped all over it like free ps4s for everyone lol..

Did anyone survive the chop i wonder?

Nah no one survives it, they broke the terms of selling the consoles, I called my local indie store at 9:55 and they said they'd been explicitly told not to sell before 10am

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
You know that feeling when you have so little faith in something you just want the bad news to arrive? That's where I'm at with Currys.

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
My amazon UK order still stands. No cancellation email, it's still shown on the orders page. I expected that all early preorders might get cancelled, but I'm still hoping it won't.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Nah no one survives it, they broke the terms of selling the consoles, I called my local indie store at 9:55 and they said they'd been explicitly told not to sell before 10am

My Smyths order was 9:58...I'm getting worried!!

It is rediculous that people are paying for Amazons cock up but then, technically I suffered because they sold out before they were supposed to even list it!

I just got lucky with Smyths as I was checking as it came up and got in before it crashed!

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Is this PS4 Pro glossy?
EDIT: Looks pretty glossy in the close up images. Glossy consoles are awful.