• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This will be hard to get and will easily make a huge profit. The 20th anniversary goes for over 2k now IIRC.
I'm not sure anyone's buying them for that though. Looking on eBay there's a few on there and a lot are going for half that or less than a tonne. I mean if anyone wants to offer me that for mine, I'm game.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Sony sold way more home consoles than Nintendo. The home console sales gap between Sony and Nintendo is easily >100 million - including the Switch.

You might be right or very close. OG Xbox sold something between 20-25 million, 360 around 85 million. PS1 is at 100 million or so, PS2 at 150 and PS3 at 86 with PS4 currently at 82. Someone else did the math of Nintendo at 300 including Switch. That puts Sony at roughly 418 with no PSP and no Vita and MS/Nintendo at about 451. The numbers are likely a bit off but it's closer than most would admit.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. We're not 'pretty close' to that at all. Yet you continue to say it with zero receipts.

All PlayStation systems::
523.3 million

All Nintendo systems:
727.35 million
-home consoles 300.54 million (I included Switch as a home console)
-handhelds 426.81 million

OG Xbox sold about 24 million
360 sold around 84 million
XB1 is around 38 million

I think that constitutes the nearly outselling comment.

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
500 euros? Sony can fuck off, how about commemorate by giving something back to the fans?

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This will be hard to get and will easily make a huge profit. The 20th anniversary goes for over 2k now IIRC.
What country is that? here in the UK they arent even selling for £1000. Ive been tracking the prices as I have 2 of the consoles myself, and for the past year its I have seen nobody sell it for over £1000

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
PlayStation® Hardware Cumulative Worldwide Sell-through Surpass 525.3 Million Units

• As of July 22, 2018. Cumulative worldwide sell-through of overall PlayStation hardware includes PlayStation®, PS One, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PSP®go, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®Vita TV, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro. Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SIE.
http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2018/180809.html

So 21.9 million consoles sold a year for 24 years. A quarter of a century. Well done.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
This console is gorgeous. The 500mm, God of War and Spider-Man bundles have all been beautifully designed.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm damn I feel like selling my pro for $250 just to get this lol. Hopefully gamestop can have it so I can trade my pro for it.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Soooooo I'm thinking I do want this but my Spider-Man pro is currently on preorder at game stop and is basically paid off. I'd have to hope they take preorders and then hope to be extremely lucky to swap my preorders. Ughhh I don't like my chances, especially not knowing when they are going up.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Why does only Europe get this?! Oh well, it's not like I could afford to buy another PS4 just cause I like the case better. Though current PS4 likes to spit out my game discs so I could probably come up with a flimsy justification.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They will be sold separately.
giphy.gif

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably pick up the controller, but I wonder if there's much point given the PS5 is likely only a couple of years off.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Man, I'd buy this in an instant if it was a standard console + controller set (if I could even get one with it being so limited lol), but the inclusion of the camera for what appears to be an extra $100 is kind of lame. Like what am I going to even do with it? Its only practical use for most people is for PS VR, and I don't think they even sell PS VR SKUs anymore that dont already include the camera, so if I went and bought a PS VR to compliment this I'd have two cameras. Just seems like a weird addition; I feel like it'd almost be better to go whole-hog and include a limited edition PS VR headset as part of the bundle and jack up the price accordingly. If they had to include some sort of extra peripheral, I'd much rather have that Gold Wireless Headset they're promoting as part of this line.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the money or patience to obtain this lovely looking edition, so I'll just admire it from afar. :o

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'd buy this in an instant if it was a standard console + controller set (if I could even get one with it being so limited lol), but the inclusion of the camera for what appears to be an extra $100 is kind of lame. Like what am I going to even do with it? Its only practical use for most people is for PS VR, and I don't think they even sell PS VR SKUs anymore that dont already include the camera, so if I went and bought a PS VR to compliment this I'd have two cameras. Just seems like a weird addition; I feel like it'd almost be better to go whole-hog and include a limited edition PS VR headset as part of the bundle and jack up the price accordingly. If they had to include some sort of extra peripheral, I'd much rather have that Gold Wireless Headset they're promoting as part of this line.
There is a 2TB hdd too. And a commemorative copper plate.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, fair point, forgot about the HDD. I would imagine the copper plate really isn't adding much to the price though.

Regardless, the camera still seems like a goofy choice to me lol, but maybe some folks are amped about it.

A second controller would have been a better choice. The Camera is pretty useless if you don't have VR.

Still buying it though :)

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I really want this guys. I was gonna wait for the KH3 PRO, but I think I kinda have to try at this one. It's so good looking.